1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Charania] Jason Terry Progressing towards a deal with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jul 13, 2015.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am curious why Terry has not pulled the trigger and signed with the Pels yet.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe he's waiting to see if Morey can work something out. Or he's contemplating whether it's worth even playing another season if he has to sign with a fringe playoff team like New Orleans instead of a contender.

3. basketballholic

There's definitely a reason.

Yes, he's probably waiting for Morey to work something out. :cool:
    Waiting for Morey to work out one more trade involving him, Terrence, and probably Harrell's rights.

#423 basketballholic, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. thekad

thekad Member

^actually embarrassing.

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I'm not advocating he simply leaves cash on the table. But to me if it was about $$ he would have signed with the pels. If it were about another shot rockets. So maybe there is some behind the scenes wink wink between him and Morey. I don't know. But going hard cap and tax because of terry is not a Morey move so I can't imagine anything in the works unless it is about an additional garaunteed year.

6. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Terry has decided to re-sign with the Houston Rockets on a 1-year deal, league sources tell RealGM. New Orleans made strong push.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/633821089668329472">August 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welcome back JET!

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey too cheap. Should have caved when Terry tried to bluff.

8. Asian Sensation

Today is a good day!

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's why it is good that Morey is not us. We would have caved the moment any Rockets bat their eyelashes at us.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's damn good news, provided he doesn't have to play very much.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

In all fairness, I don't think anyone counted on JET playing as much as he did.

12. txn

txn Member

The most valuable part of JET brings is not his playing time, it is his leadership. In fact, the less minutes he plays, the closer we are to get the trophy :)