1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Charania] Jason Terry Progressing towards a deal with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Handles

Handles Member

I hope we re-sign Terry just because I like him and he's a Zona guy like me. He definitely does bring leadership.

That said, I respect Morey for reportedly staying firm on his offer. We don't really need Jet. He would just be nice for insurance and leadership.

Everyone knows (or should know) that Howard and Harden are the real leaders on the team. Those of you who think Harden is not a leader need to think a little harder. Who cares if the man likes to party and date Kardashians? The fact of the matter is, he's a top 5 player in this league. That, in and of itself, is leadership -- leading by example.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's just bad business. 3 months on progressing on a minimum deal for contending team.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are free to go with him you fair weather b*stard.

1 person likes this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Relax, I was just being cheeky. I meant that you both have insightful, knowledgeable posts that explain the contract and cap situations very well. But I noticed that your posts are eerily similar or in the way you both respond is very comparable, but in a good way. And no, I don't really think you're one and the same - I make joke. :grin:

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

This is why I don't trust anybody's memory of the playoffs after the stats. I am not saying this because of you, but because of a general mis-remembering of plays/games/series that just recently happened.

Terry wasn't in the game.

Brewer, in this case, didn't stay in the corner, and considering the difficulty of a skip pass when doubled, and the time generally elapsed from a skip pass, he should have come up to the other wing, instead of standing right next to Jones. All 5 Rockets players had an absolutely horrendous possession. I agree with your point however with Terry.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

do we have confirmation anywhere that we've offerred terry a fully guaranteed vet min contract (as opposed to what we signed chuckwagon to)?

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

man he's going slow as hell. he already made his money now he should be thinking of signing cheap witha contender or taking a 5mil per contract from some stupid gm. its not hard.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_kNvcxwJVs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No we dont as far as I know .... I'm just making the assumption that he is asking for a fully guaranteed 1st year and probably a partially guaranteed second year.

Those two things are all that can separate one vet min contract from another .... length and guarantees. Otherwise he'd have accepted what the Rockets have offered (assuming they actually made an offer).

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No worries. Your alright by me. :)

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

At his present age, Terry is worth the min - period!

He brings some intangibles (ie leadership), but if last year showed anything, he doesnt have the legs to defend most of the guys at his position...

If he would rather get a few more bucks than play for a contender - dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

At this point, we should only be signing vets for the min who want a shot a ring...

13. Asian Sensation

In Terry's defense I don't think anyone planned on him playing as much as he did. No the fans, not the coaches and certainly not Terry himself. He was supposed to be huge for us down the stretch and help close out in late game situations. He still did those things to an extent but we relied upon him way too much due to Bev going down and us lacking a scorer off the bench.

I think if he comes back this year for us he will be much fresher and can be better utilized.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. To me, Terry's role last year was similar to the Rafer Alston predicament. Both played wayyyyy too many minutes out of necessity. So, obviously their shortcomings are going to be amplified that much more (poor shooting, so-so PG skills with Alston; age, mileage and diminished athleticism with Terry).

They were being asked to do too much -- which isn't their fault. In the proper role, both could/can be utilized effectively. But you can never fault the player, themselves, for doing what's asked of them. The real blame is on the front office, injuries and any combination of variables that contribute to what your rotation ultimately ends up being.

15. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

17. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

Did it happen yet?

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

No, he hasn't agreed to terms with anyone.

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

no. But I doubt if Terry wants to play for them.