1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub VS Eli

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedDynasty, Jan 18, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Based on how well the Giants have been playing, what are you thoughts on the Schuab VS Eli Debate. Personally I think they are equal.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah pretty much equal except in terms of durability, winning percentage and Superbowl rings.

Eli>>>>>>Schaub

1 person likes this.
  3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Eli has defense that rank atleast in the top 15 his whole career, no?

But Eli has the playoff experience.

If Eli can succeed in this system, I might choose him.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

MIGHT? Eli is currently the owner of the third most start streaks all time with 128.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Eli has won a Super Bowl

Schaub hasn't won a playoff game

#5 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  6. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Not even close. Eli is top 5 while Schaub is borderline top 10.

7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Love Schaub, but yeah this is no debate.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Eli wins games for you...Though some of his passes are "head scratchers*.... Schaub plays great until dealt with adversity... Sure he's made some comebacks in his stint here... But with Eli , you have confidence he'll pull it out regardless of the situation...

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think they're about equal in terms of talent, but their strengths/weaknesses are pretty different. Schaub hasn't played with nearly as good of a team for his tenure here. The Giants carried Eli, for the most part, to the majority of his post-season success up until this year. Since 2008 Eli has progressed a lot as a QB, unfortunately we don't have a complete report card on Schaub to weigh against that though because of recent injuries, and the fact he was paired with a pretty bad team when he *was* healthy. I don't begrudge anybody for taking Eli over Matt, though. I could make an argument for either one, really.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Before this season Schaub.... But wow Eli became a beast this year, taking away any debate.

11. conquistador#11

borderline 10? more like six. you are aware that before going out the team was 7-3 and schaub had a top five qb rating and headed for another 4,000 yard season ? Ok...i'm counting to ten and won't get baited.

eli like schaub is taken for granted by " knowledgeable" fans. :grin:
    I like eli's elusiveness in the pocket and his playoff experience. So I will take eli in this QB battle. But it's nothing that Schaub cannot do, now that he has a defense.

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

haha this is a stupid debate anyone who thinks schaub is on the same level as eli get outa here please

13. liljojo

liljojo Member

Eli is a streaky player. He's a world-beater for stretches, but other times, he looks completely average, or worse, makes a head-scratcher pass that costs his team a game.

Schaub is more consistent, but just doesn't have the same throwing ability or improvisation skills that Eli does. He also has a more troublesome history with injury. It's not really fair to blame that on him since that's out of his control, but it still counts.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd definitely take Eli, but not by a whole bunch. Doesn't mean Schaub is a bad QB by any means, just that Eli is better.

Also keep in mind, with the exception of this year, Eli has had the benefit of a better team surrounding him.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think they are very close, In the top 10 I would put Eli in 6 and Schaub at 7.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Some people are such big shaub backers but tmac haters. Really they are quite similar, both put up big stats. In Tmacs case never been out of 1st round. In shaubs case never been to the playoff (He would have made it this year), but tmac would have got past second round in the year he was hurt.

I would put shaub and eli in 6-15 range.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning

Big Ben, Vick

Romo, Shaub, Eli etc.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I would like a WR corp like Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham & Victor Cruz for Schaub to work with to find out.

17. ThaShark316_28

Dre and the rookie will suffice.:grin:

18. what

what Member

In a one game to win it all I might take eli over his brother. Eli might end up being the modern day Joe Montana. He is just that good. Taking out Brady in his career year and taking out Rodgers in his career year is a feat that you don't often see done.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Because football is a game of complex and differing systems you have to group QB's in tiers. Brady and Brees land in the same tier... Brady is probably better, but NO wouldn't trade Brees for Brady and vice versa.

Eli Manning and Shaub are in the same tier. Neither team would swap one for the other. But I'd give Manning the edge since he's proven and doesn't go to his knees the second a defender breaks the pocket and tickles him like Shaub does.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There's two sides to that coin. Eli has better arm strength and mobility, but Matt has a more accurate arm and is less turnover prone.

Comp %
    Eli: 60-ish
    Matt: 65-ish

TD-INT ratio
    Eli: 1/0.7
    Matt: 1/0.6

Fumbles per game
    Eli: 0.56
    Matt: 0.50

#20 DonnyMost, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012