1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, that is the point.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wasn't Jameer Nelson hosting some charity event when he was traded?

3. craguin

craguin Member

2 million+ views to #FluidTilFeb19th

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, me too. On a side note thanks for all of the insight, cyberx. I only recently joined the forums (lurker for too long...), but definitely appreciate it!

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

@WojYahooNBA: Boston will release center Vitor Faverani, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Boston needed to open a roster spot for trade.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Move on to brandon wright

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Yeah that was reported on espn radio in Dallas.

8. Ranny

Ranny Member

Guys true. It all started with him telling us what a scout thinks, but later he clearly validated the scout's opinion, and he got burned because of it. I already said that my original post maybe came off as demanding and that was not my intention, it was more of a recommendation, because obviously since he is not a rocket fan when he says something unpopular he will get burned for it, and also because i am as anxious as everybody else here to know what is happening behind closed doors and didnt want him to get distracted, LOL. Anyway i apologize cyberx if you felt like i attacked you, dont ever go we love you!!

I have to say however people here are way too sensitive (including myself) i hope that if and when we get some trade done everybody just calms the "#$&#"$ down, at least for a while.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Wow some people get so butt hurt when they hear an opinion that differs from their own. Dmo and JHill would have to be pretty close in terms of player value if you ignore their contracts.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I didn't mean he'd become that..although he did shoot 50/40/76 last season.....but he clearly has the ability. Sura didn't. There's a significant difference in their game that you seem unaware of.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LOL at the size of this thread

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's not a very solid opinion, in my opinion, because one player is younger, taller, and more skilled, and a MUCH better defender than the other.....and that's the cheaper player. I can see though how a Lakers scout might think that Hill is more valuable, but not any objective person that knows both players.

13. daytripper

daytripper Member

Haven't read the last 6 pages but I'm guessing most teams would value the long term potential of DMo but there would be a few 'win now' teams that might prefer a more veteran backup C like Hill or Wright or Koufas (or whoever). Also a team like Toronto who already has a young C would likely prefer to add a vet over DMo..obviously could depend on the scout's team and their circumstance.

As for Brewer can't say I'm disappointed either way. He could save some wear on Ariza during the regular season but acquiring him would likely just be a stepping stone to a bigger move in Feb. Not worth anything more than the TPE + 2nd round pick. My guess is Flip will not get a first for Brewer no matter how much negotiating he does in the media.

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Isnt Rudy T a scout for the Lakers?

15. Ghost_of_Akeem

He's also a former spokesperson for Taco Cabana.

16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Still a shame we haven't brought him back in some capacity. Guy was just as big a part of the ships as any guy on that roster not named Dream.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because scouts are never wrong...

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

So who would be the better Taco Cabana chef...DMo or Hill?

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Soooooooooo, probably nothing happens today (aside from maybe hearing Dwight is sidelined again w/ that shoulder injury). [​IMG]

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Rudy T was owed a lot of money after he quit/retired from coaching. Jerry Buss took care of him by essentially paying that money over a long period of time. Rudy ain't coming back to Houston. From a monetary standpoint, the Lakers take care of their "family" where Les does not shown by what happened to Charles Barkley, Hakeem, and Rudy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.