1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Cyberx is just a laker homer who has never watched dmo play. Hill was a rocket, we knew him well. But his offensive talent is nowhere near dmo's level.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I believe...Mavs will get an initial jump with aRRival of RR; I am not convinced that the relationship will not end in tears there.

I strongly suspect that the Rondo value is very much affected by his 'demands' to be 5-year maxed. His real replacement cost is closer to Smart than max(well).

How high a 2 for Wright???

3. basketballholic

Toronto is another team with an extra first round pick that could use Wright. Perhaps Hayes and one of their first rounders for Brandan?

And then perhaps we bring back Hayes for a second rounder?

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Have missed maybe 5 games this whole season.

Was at the game last night. Was not impressed at all.

5. cyberx

cyberx Member

J Hill quit drinking he said and he has a lot more stamina.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Give C'x a break. 'We' may have known Hill as a Rocket but he is not the same guy now he was then. JH's skill set is not the same as DMo's; their futures are not the same. The cost of their contracts are at great variance.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Context is pretty important though wouldn't you agree? Game 2 of a back to back where the previous game went into OT in Denver and the team only got back to Houston at like 4 AM before going against the best young big man in the NBA and Asik......who would look impressive in that situation?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, I watch a reasonable amount of Raps and haven't see Hayes hit the court - - while I've watched this season. What remains in the Chuckwagon's wagon at this point?

9. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Last night wasn't a good night for Dmo IMO he's had really effective games recently.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

His source is only reliable when it is related to the Mavs, every single piece of info he mentioned about the Rockets are just like craps.

He was and is and will always be the Mavs "writer".

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

What section do you sit when you're at the game? We should grab a drink at one.

12. Convictedstupid

I don't want to pile on but 1 game is enough to make an impression?

I agree with everything Carl said. I just don't see how a scout could possibly value Hill more than Dmo? Mid range he most certainly has a better shot than Dmo. But that is about it. Maybe weak side shot blocking?

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Than I appreciate your Bball insight but will ignore any talent evaluation lol

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

15. basketballholic

He did and he is playing a lot better, especially defensively. And now he's got the flat-footed Camby style jumper from the top of the key.

But all-in-all he's like 28 years old on a $9 million contract that is either expiring or he's got to be paid $9 million next year. Him and DMo are 2 ships passing in the night. Different players at different points in their careers. Hill may indeed represent more value on the basketball court than DMo does to some scouts because of his defensive activity and rebounding. But his trade value............different story. DMo is young and still has another year to go on his rookie deal before he gets paid.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Facing Anthony Davis after that brutal travel schedule... Reasonable for him to have a clunker last night.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Do some research cyberx. Compare Jordan Hill's stats at age 24 to DMo's and tell who's better.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So I'm guessing all the games cyber missed happened to be where DMo played out of his mind?

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Last night was tough. Back side of a back to back west coast late overtime game in Denver.

Missed a lot of easy shots and the legs were shot. First time they've looked that bad all year in my opinion.

Thanks for the inside info you pass along. Some of us appreciate it.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think Amir Johnson pretty much fills that role for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.