1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Chuck Norris

Someone said piece pipe????

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

He asked a scout for an opinion between the two for one of our posters who asked him what the temperature was around the league.. It was not his opinion.

You may have missed that, but no need to go at one of the only insiders we have on the board.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Plow I agree with you on Dmo vs. Hill, but I don't think the rest of the league knows truly what to make of Dmo yet. The sample size isn't big enough this season in which he's been producing, where as for us fans we've seen him a lot longer and are more inclined to evaluate him based on our learnings of him over the last 3 years.

I don't think it's far fetched to say the league might value Hill and Dmo near the same right now, but that the smart money would be on Dmo since his ceiling is so much higher than Hill.

4. arjun

arjun Member

Plowman, any updates from your end??

Thanks, and thanks cyber

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I hope you bring this kind of energy on the 23rd. ;)

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

"People" who think they can pick and chose what information they want from him are ridiculous.

Some scouts value Jordan Hill more than DMO. you don't think thats relevant info?

Cyberx brings perspective from behind the scenes, how all this stuff works. I'd like to hear the good and the bad of it.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah I was thinking about this too, but I think mainly it has to do with Rondo not getting to the line enough. This season is more of an outlier for him (barely been to the line), I think career wise he's in the 60 % range (not great, but better than Dwight).

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea but this is a scout, who by nature of the profession, are prone to being a bit...subjective :)

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not really worried about adding a big man or guard at this point. Canaan will come around and Terry will be back soon. Who knows with TJones, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back sometime mid-January.

The current big issue is the amount of minutes we are asking of Ariza and Harden. That has real potential to come back and bite us.

10. cyberx

cyberx Member

I would love that but I can't hang with everyone and put my name out there.

The trouble I would get into... You have no ideaaaaa!

11. steddinotayto

If only Lance Stephenson's contract was $8.3 million a year....

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brewer hosting a holiday party for kids tomorrow. I anticipate him being there. In other words, doubt a trade comes today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/twolves?src=hash">#twolves</a></p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/546003160402124800">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Mr Chuck Norris

sigh..........I'm going to go start my day now :(

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if it's not today, would we even have interest in him at all? Wasn't the point to get him to where we could trade him if needed?

15. Progs

Progs Member

Dmo on the Lakers instead of Jordan Hill. Lakers would have at least 3-4 more wins. :cool:

16. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Well..I guess Im done lurking for the day.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think that was part of it, but that's not the only part.

The team could use an athletic wing defender to bring off the bench. Brewer isn't IDEAL because he can't shoot the 3, but he would be helpful.

18. steddinotayto

So he can't host a day party, get traded, and hop on a plane tonight? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

20. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.