1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not going to bother going forward, but...again you're still just repeating what I said in a different way. You linked a white panther, which is albino...which is the opposite form of melanism. I mentioned earlier that "black" panthers are that color due to melanism. I realize they're not a species in and of themselves (I mentioned that earlier as well). At any rate, fair enough.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

This is a theory I heard in another forum that is supposed to be the actual reason so I'll spoiler it

Supposedly while Scarlet Witch is still a bad guy she makes Hulk see an illusion where he sees possibly those giant aliens from the first movie. So he goes nuts and the Avengers have to take him down.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sounds about right.

4. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

The only super hero I can stand right now is Iron Man. Everyone else is too whinny with mental baggage. Get over it already... or see a freak'n psychiatrist.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You didn't watch Iron Man 3 I take it...

6. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Forgot about that one because it was forgettable.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hear that hulk is going to be shipped to space and thats where planet hulk comes along.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wait what? How difficult is it to admit that you were wrong.
    I did not disagree with you on why they are black. I disagreed with you on the following:

1: You said multiple times that a Panther is always Black.
    I showed you that there are also White panthers, and I showerd you that the term Panther is not linked to the colour

2: You say that something is called a panther because of the black colour and that:
    I will say it again, the colour does not make an animal a panther. All big cats that are part of the genus Panthera can be called panthers, it does not matter if they are black white or normally coloured. So Leopards and jaguars are always panthers (the same goes for cougars, tigers and lions).

So calling something a panter is like saying something is a great ape (although great ape is the family not the genus). It is a collective term for the big cats (of the genus Panthera) and if they are black or white is irrelevant for them being called a panther.

So to get back to the starting point of our discussion: Panthers are not always black.

That being said I am looking forward to this movie, I love Spader in Blacklist.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm going to say one thing, and that's it. I'm not going to address the points beyond that, and I'm not going to discuss this further...why? Cus this thread is about Age of Ultron...not semantics.

We both agree panthers are not a species. We both agree that there are panthers that are not just black (you posted a white one for example), beyond that I don't agree. No one calls lions panthers, no one calls tigers panthers, no one calls cheetahs that. The only thing I've ever seen called a panther is a form of leopard, jaguar, or cougar. Most people do not call a typically spotted leopard a panther. Same goes for jaguars. If they're black, they get called a panther. Some people call cougars panthers (specifically in Florida), but beyond that...when people say panther they're 9/10 referring to a black one. You can continue on if you like, I'm back to talking about the movie.

#189 seclusion, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Holy ****, y'all are still debating Panthers. That's hilarious. It's like a dark comedy. Some complex Alexander Payne type ****.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Honestly, I was done with the post before the last one. I just try not to be rude and ignore people's posts when they're directed at me. (Unfortunately this sometimes leads to me getting into stupid debates -- see this one for reference)

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How do y'all explain the Pink Panther then?

1 person likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Which one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I haven't been spoilered much but there's rumors on this topic that they retconned Ultron's creation to Stark instead of Pym. That'd make sense, but don't really care if right or wrong (less spoilers, the better!)

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think that's really a spoiler at this point. You're right though, Tony Stark creates Ultron in the movies.
    Pym won't even be Ant Man in his own movie; it'll be Scott Lang. (I personally didn't understand why on this one, but who am I to judge?)

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I guess they wanted to go with the newer version of Ant Man that is funny and wants to look at ladies in the locker room. Instead of the Hank Pym brooding and beating his wife version.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Did he have to be that way? I'd argue Star Lord in the comics (my experience with the character is admittedly limited) is nothing like the Chris Pratt version in Guardians. I'd say the same for RDJ and Tony Stark.

In both cases I'd also say the movie version is better. I guess they didn't want a third science bro?

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

:grin:

I am happy that you finally see that Panthers are not always black. If you just accepted that fact at post 141 we would not have had to have this discussion.

I agree (and said in my previous posts) that only the non iconic species of the Panthera genus are being called panthers (cheetah btw are not part of the genus panthera but of the genus "Acinonyx" so it would have been stupid to call them panthers:grin:), but that does not make thhe more iconic cats less part of the genus.

That being said just because many people call something a specific name does not make it true. Many people call Spiders, Ticks and Mites insects while they are obviously not insects.

I do not mind that you refuse to accept that Panther is derived from the genus Panthera and that it has nothing to do with the color. Everybody has the right to stay ignorant on a subject they do not care for:grin:.

Back to the movie. I am curious to see how they include the twins.

#198 arno_ed, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Personally, I'm holding out for Age of Ultros.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're still going?