1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe they'll get Russell Wilson then.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I have a feeling that entire sequence is going to be a Tony Stark dream anyway.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Probably, yeah.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We're in the Marvel Cinematic Universe here, not the Marvel Comic Universe. Marvel studios sold the rights to Adamantium to Fox, so Cap's shield is only Vibranium in the movies.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Ditto. I dug his character.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Check out redbelt(2008). He stars as a MMA fighter. very good

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As someone who does Judo and Jujitsu I was pretty excited about the movies especially with David Mamet writing. Chiwetel Ejiofor does a good job but otherwise very disappointed in that movie.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Do you have a link on the Admantium rights? It first appeared with Ultron so I'm curious. It also seems like something Marvel could rent out, if anything the X-Men brand could only gain from that exposure. But I suppose it's Disney that doesn't want to help out Fox.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hypothesis:

----> Don't read any further if speculation about the story line might upset you <-----

It looks to me like part of the story is going to revolve around someone (Hydra?) developing a drug to make Bruce Banner turn into bat****-crazy-Hulk. These bad guys then kidnap Banner and take him to the mountain Hospital where you see Capt America kick the door in.You possibly see him getting nabbed in the scenes where they show an Asian city with what appears to be cops shooting assault rifles. You then see the good guys staging an assault on the Hospital, presumably to rescue Banner. But it appears that the bad guys inject Banner. You see him stagger around in the forest, presumably right outside the hospital, presumably right before he goes bat**** crazy. This is what leads to the need for the Hulkbuster.

Possibly, the creation of Ultron has something to do with stopping Hulk. Alternately, it will just be a parallel side story - a concurrent problem that distracts them from dealing with Ultron, maybe diverting their attention specifically at the point when they could have nipped the "Ultron problem" in the bud, and prevented the proto-Ultron from snowballing into such a problem.

That appears to me to be what the cues in the trailer are trying to tell you.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm pretty sure you're off on this one. For one they've already stated Stark creates Ultron because they're tired of saving the world, and need a break. So he goes for the "easy" fix. He creates the Hulkbuster armor to stop the Hulk.

It's more likely that the door you see Cap smashing as others have mentioned is a Hydra stronghold of some sort. Perhaps even the facility they've been housing Loki's staff and the twins at.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Trust me, I am a biologist, I am not wrong. A panther is not always Black.

Panther is derived from the latin name of the genus Panthera (which include the big cats).

Panther is not an official name, it is a name used mostly for the a bit less iconic big cats (not Tigers and lions) Leopards, Jaguars and Cougars.

When people say black panther it can be a black leopard or a black Jaguar (since both have mutations that make them black).

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a very prominent shot of a gurney like what you would see in a hospital. It looks to be in that stronghold. There is also a scene showing a medical setup and someone picking up a syringe.

Possibly I'm grasping at straws. Hulk definitely looks whacked out to me. There is going to have to be some story point that leads to the need to roll out the Hulkbuster. It looks to me like there is a protest scene with the siblings, you then see them standing with Ultron like they are on its side, followed by other shots where they clearly are decked out against Ultron. Something is going to have to happen to make them want to side with Ultron. Presumably them having an epiphany about the greater threat that Ultron poses to humanity after the current Avengers get their ass kicked is what leads to them to join the new Avengers.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I believe that you're a biologist and all...but show me a panther that isn't black. Other than that you just repeated what I said.

"The Panther is not a distinct species itself but is the general name used to refer to any black coloured feline of the Big Cat family, most notably Leopards and Jaguars."

14. torocan

torocan Member

I can see a few different scenarios where Iron Man ends up fighting Hulk.

1. Hulk just loses it and the team needs to take him down.
    2. Ultron and/or Hydra finds a way to make Hulk lose it and the team needs to take him down.
    3. Hulk takes part in taking down Ultron, but in order to do so becomes so enraged that he loses it and goes on a rampage forcing the team to take him down.

I suspect it's #1 or #2.

I just can't see Stark not using the Hulkbuster armor to help take down Ultron. Also, the city looks WAY too intact. Post Ultron should be a scene of tremendous wreckage prior to the Hulk going on his rampage.

Of course, maybe it's something none of us have thought of... we'll find out. :)

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

My theory is they use the staff to mind control him again. He showed after the first Avengers that he's learned to channel it fairly well. (other than when the staff was used initially)

That's the only thing I can really think of that would just cause him to freak out like that. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe they need to fight Hulk early on, Scarlett Witch makes him turn on the Avengers.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My wife and kids are sick of me walking around the house saying, "There are... no strings on me."

1 person likes this.
  18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Could be that too. Another good theory.

Are you sureeeeeeeeee?

19. torocan

torocan Member

I'm just waiting for someone to post a really good cover version that's the length of a full song. I could do without some of the middle bits of the original pinocchio version -- they just wouldn't make sense in a creepy version.

And I can't get that song out of my head either.

And Spader is genuinely creepy as the voice of Ultron. Such a calm voice, but one that is clearly not right in the head...

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Great that you believe i am a biologist :grin:
    You are saying that a big cat becomes a panther when he is black. That is not true. Panther is a name used for the big cats (altough many people do not use it correctly). Since it basically means that the animal is part of the genus Panthera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthera).

You want me to show you a non black panther. Basically any big cat that is part of the panthera genis (leopard, jaguar, cougar, lion and tiger) that are not black are non Black panthers.

Also ( I know wikipedia is not really evidence, but this time they are right)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_panther

#180 arno_ed, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014