1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm curious to know how it came about. I actually figured it might have been Whedon's idea, not Disney's. No one can deny it fits. Sorry it wasn't Hero by Nickelback, dog.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm with you. I'm almost positive it was just something Whedon threw in there.

3. toby

toby Member

I don't mind the reference at all. I actually kinda like it. I'm just always a little suspect when Disney rears it's head.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Understandable, and I'm definitely with you. When they bought Marvel I was very concerned, but so far it seems like they've stood out of the way for the most part. Other than releasing 8,000 trailers for each movie.

I mean...Winter Soldier kicked a guy into a jet engine.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was worried when they acquired Marvel because I thought Iron Man was great. Figured it could only go downhill. But the Disney partnership has been positive so far. I don't have anything to complain about over the past several years.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The purchase has opened up a flood of new titles with more funding. The creative control still looks solid.

Maybe there will be a star wars marvel crossover off screen like a video game...

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Someone jokingly asked about a Guardians of the Galaxy / Star Wars crossover, and I believe it was James Gunn (might have been someone else) stated that was a long time ago, and far away. Get it?

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If Kingdon Hearts wasn't so good I would never even consider something like this.

But as a video game only, this could be pretty cool. Video game universes cross over all the time.

Jedi and the Avengers, yes sir.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Actually, now that you mention it that sounds ****ing awful. Haha.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Doesn't count!

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fk24PuBUUkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I posted this in the Inhumans thread, but thought it was more relevant here. There's also a rumor Black Panther and Dr Strange will make cameos. Presumably not in uniform.

At the end of the most recent comic event (Axis) Scarlet Witch is under mind control and fighting Magneto / Quicksilver. She states that she has cast a curse on her bloodline, this results in Quicksilver falling to the ground in pain and nothing happening to Magneto. Scarlet Witch then states Magneto must not be related to them after all.

I'd been saying this for awhile, it looks pretty positive that they will state that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have been Inhumans all along. Which vibes along with the idea that all the Marvel movie characters that were once considered mutants will be considered inhumans in the movie universe. It also sends yet another big **** you towards Fox (see: Cancellation of Fantastic Four comic line, "death of wolverine")

TLDR: According to the comics Magneto isn't Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's dad, this means they are most likely Inhumans and not mutants. Also any character with mutant-type powers will be an inhuman in the movies.

[​IMG]

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

New trailer...

[youtube]MZoO8QVMxkk[/youtube]

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm with Ultron. I hope he survives.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Looks great