1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Avengers: Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Broken shields, Wakanda, Ultron. Does Adamantium finally make its debut or does Fox own it? Fox owns everything fun. If not for Fox, Quicksilver could just get his dad to squash this problem within a few minutes.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Fox owns it, I think. Vibranium is what you're looking for.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the X-Men:Days of Future Past film, they introduced new characters without ever really "introducing" them - or even mentioning their names. Bishop, Blink, Warpath, etc.

That seems most expedient, especially for someone who isn't going to be a core hero or villain going forward. Someone like Klaw could show up in two or three quick scenes just to set up introducing Black Panther and then be gone.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Vibranium might be one in Wakanda. But it's weaker than Adamantium, which I think Ultron is supposed to be made of.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Adamantium is stronger
    Vibranium absords kinetic energy

Adamantiumize Vibranium = Cap's Shield

Rocket River

6. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, from a practical point of view the Hulkbuster armor makes perfect sense.

Given the height of the armor, the only way that Stark could put it on is if he's elevated. So, that either means he's not wearing normal armor and in a harness while he's putting it on (ie, not in combat), or he's in his armor and flying while it assembles around him.

As for the double helmet, that also makes perfect sense. If his normal head was exposed, if he was knocked hard into a wall or fell into the ground it would leave him extremely vulnerable to whiplash or a broken neck. All the Hulk would need to do is grab him by the head and lift him and the weight of the Hulkbuster armor would snap his neck.

The neck armor of the normal suit might support the weight of the normal armor, but the Hulkbuster armor is many more tons of mass to apply to the neck joint.

If you're fighting the Hulk he's throwing very large and massive objects. The last thing you want is it clipping your head and potentially decapitating you. The rounded helmet being integrated into the chest plate would be better at deflecting debris, bullets and heavy objects thus reducing the force of impact on his head and neck. And anything that did manage to breach the primary helmet would still have to penetrate his normal helmet, IE, it creates the equivalent of having double hulled armor which is substantially more effective in protecting the operator.

Finally, having it form around his normal armor gives him the option to leave the armor in case he needs to maneuver in smaller spaces, to escape the armor if damaged (try crawling out of twisted metal without mechanical assistance) or perform other tasks, as well as potentially the ability to remotely control the Hulkbuster armor to allow for flanking in combat.

Double armor is definitely a win.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're correct on both counts, I don't think he'll be made of adamantium though. (Cus of the rights thing) I also don't think they'll explain how cap's shield is broken, because I think it's part of a premonition rather than reality.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I love you for thinking this out so much, haha.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I figure since adamantium appears outside of just the X-men comics they could still use it. Not like they'd need to with the Vibranium just that they could.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Adamantium 1st appeared in Avengers with Ultron I think. Or least in an Ultron storyline. It wasn't synonymous with Wolverine until later.

It really shouldn't matter but personally I like it because it connects the two universes a bit and even demonstrates that Wolverine's metal is stronger than Captain America's shield. It'd be a cool way to connect the two franchises in some way, not a weird/dumb way with Quicksilver.

11. torocan

torocan Member

I watch a lot of Science, Discovery and History channel.

There are a lot of good shows that talk at various points about the technology behind armor construction, ballistics, and kinetic dispersion.

For example, I remember a show which talked a lot about the advances in German Tank construction during World War 2 and how their decisions in terms of plating angle gave them massive superiority over their Russian counterparts.

I can't even watch a combat scene on a show or in a movie without thinking about the tactical and technical aspects at some point. Of course most of the stuff on TV and in cinema is rubbish, but that's when you cheerfully accept that it's rubbish and accept it as fantasy.

A bit esoteric but we all have our vices. :grin:

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The comics and movies are separate universes. For example in the movies Cap's shield is only made of vibranium rather than a hybrid of that and adamantium. Which is why I don't think they'll mention it, and they'll just say he's made of vibranium or something. (he being Ultron)

There's also all the legal issues involved. During Comicon Ashley Olsen accidentally said QS/SW were mutants and was immediately corrected.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nah, that stuff fascinates me as well.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that it really matters, but it was the other way around - Russians with the advantage. T-34 had the sloped armor, while the Panzer III/IV had the square boxy thing going on.

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Quicksilver has a special clause in that character's contract between the two studios where they both have the rights to Quicksilver but under two different actors.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I remember a few years ago Morris Chestnut tweeted out about reading for the part of Black Panther in a movie but Marvel quickly shut that down for some reason.

I kind of wonder why they are so secretive about anything to do with the Black Panther. I know myself, my friends, and a lot of people are excited about him coming to the big screen eventually.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<----- count this guy on the list. Black Panther is a straight up G, and true Avengers fans know if he's not the engine he's definitely the fuel in the Ferrari so to speak. I'm afraid that there's a lot of trepidation on using his name (think about it), hopefully he is in the movie.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They'll call him Panther. Solved.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Good point. It's kind of redundant anyway. Panthers are black.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

No they are not always black. Panther is just another name for leopard. There are some black leopards. Just like there are some Black jaguars.