1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, or he could just be "Bob" from the parent show.

2. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Man it's alright, but for once I want to see a zombie show from the perspective of someone in power or extremely rich who knows before the plebs like a Trump, Buffett, Obama. See how they have things figured out, and at what point do people stop caring about their name or money.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was hoping to see a Walking Dead from the perspective of one of the zombies.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

when the ratings dive in a few years they will combine the shows haha

5. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

It's alright. Nothing special so far. I really hope their children get eaten. They are so annoying.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Aside from the first half of the first episode being a bit slow, I've enjoyed it so far. I like how it's portraying the start of the apocalyse, and the faster pace and greater tension that accompanies it. I would actually hope that the series ends before you get to where Walking Dead is now, because then it becomes redundant. Just show us the time frame when Rick was in a coma.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Isn't that the same thing that Happens to white people? Hershel dies and then there's Eugene and crew.

Anyway I enjoyed it, very slow but this one does have the same guy that TWD had at the beginning. They needed to set up the characters. The thing is a lot of people don't like the characters but they are Californians and they are in the dark right now so it's to be expected. The thing about this genre is that you can just kill these people and find new ones if they don't work out. People are more loyal to the series than the characters.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think he is going to be principle. But remember this is pre apocalypse these people will grow and change, he won't be a druggy for long. Bob was an alcoholic.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I think the biggest point in how you get to that critical mass is something we already learned from the original. Everyone at first assumes you need to be bitten to turn into a zombie, but actually, the virus has spread to everyone regardless. You're going to turn into one no matter how you die (unless it's by head injury).

So lots of people start dying pretty quickly... just from riots and situations created by panic... and also from not knowing you need to brain a zombie to kill it. And by the time people start figuring that out, a lot of communications infrastructure is just gone.

It makes at least some sort of sense. Enough that the premise doesn't bother me that much, but I do get your point, Furious.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I enjoyed episode 2 quite a bit, but two nit-picking issues that bugged me a bit:

1) The high school kid. He knows there are zombies, he knows society is about to break down and is smart enough to grab a ton of supplies. But then they kill ONE zombie (principal) and he leaves all of his supplies at the school???? WTF? It isn't like they were being chased after she killed it...

2) The Dad/Ex-Wife...you drive a truck to pick up your son at a protest, see police in riot gear and you don't get back in your truck to drive away? You just sprint into a barber-shop? I get you are separating the characters but at least make it where the truck doesn't start or something...

Regardless I enjoyed it and will keep watching.

11. Nero

Nero Member

Actually, it's kind of funny to me too, that the dude drives an old ghetto truck, broken windshield and everything, just struck me as odd, considering their jobs and that nice house they live(d) in.. It made me laugh because pretty much everyone in TWD drives a brand new off-the-lot vehicle..

12. conquistador#11

are they ever going to reveal what caused the zombieoutbreak?

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

He's a divorced teacher who just moved in to his girlfriends house. thats why he drives the old truck. Or maybe he's a Dave Ramsey follower.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I very, very seriously doubt it.

If they did it would totally contradict what Kirkman (comic creator & show producer) has said in the past about "His Story". One of the big reasons why Frank Darabont (director of Green Mile/Shawshank) was booted off the show was because of Kirkman totally disagreeing with the show going to the CDC even though they didn't even really find anything out.

I do think that what they are showing in this show thus far is leading up to being basically a carbon copy of TWD but set in a different place with different people.... basically they are knowingly doing something un-original. Here's the likely storyline bullet points-

-Outbreak happens
    -Red shirt victims die
    -families are scrambled
    -more familiar people die
    -aftermath families try to find each other
    -Shocking death
    -groups try to get out of the city to find somewhere safe
    -Shocking death
    -different groups collide
    -drama, drama, drama
    -someone dies
    -Farm
    -Farm
    -someone dies
    -Villain arrives
    -Prison
    -New Group

But then again having a zombie show where the purpose is unlocking the mysteries of the outbreak, and trying to solve bigger problems beyond survival has as well such as World War Z. The real question is, what do people really want to see... drama in the zombie world with real people trying to survive, or Brad Pitt flying around the world as a UN investigator with disaster on his heals?

So long story short.... I wouldn't expect anything different than TWD type of story but with different characters, different locale, better acting in some cases, and better quality in some areas... and that's IF they succeed in doing what they want to do.

#154 dobro1229, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If they want to ever resolve this, they need to get to the bottom of it eventually.

A cure can only be made if they and the audience know how it all began.

Maybe there is no cure but they need at least something to stave off those zombies...something powerful (like sick people in WW Z that are invisible to the Zs)

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's not what the show creators are interested in though. They've been pretty open about this.

They don't want to resolve things or there would be no continual show or continual comics. The purpose is to remove hope, and see what humanity does with itself in this world. It is a business for them of course as well.

Its pretty freaking depressing. I do not recommend binge watching TWD FYI. Around mid season 2 you start feeling like Shane saying WTF is wrong with you people. Lets kill some stuff and get out of here. Instead they are way more interested in killing Shane to allow the "humans" in the group to sit around and contemplate their humanity. Now we probably have to see the same damn thing happen again with this new group.... Geez I hope they don't follow this formula again for FTWD.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I hope they tweak their concept though for the sake of the audience...

I do not want or need to see another Governor

Bring forward something new, heck, for all I care they can come up with zombies with a conscience (iZombie) lol

18. hardLINer

hardLINer Member

was hoping for hotter female characters... will still watch it

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Idk dude, I'm kinda digging Ms. Clark lol, low key milf status.