1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

When are they going to tell us that nick was smoking Walts blue meth when it started?

2. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

Not impressed of the pilot.weak makeup of zombies,i guess beacuse of freshness of zombies

3. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

That's what I'm thinking too, if we're using TWD logic which I'm sure still applies in this universe. So by that same logic everyone is already a carrier/infected. We already learned that at the CDC in TWD. I also think the Dr. said the virus is airborne. She's not the only one since we saw a person turn when they were explaining the closure of the freeway. It seems to me the back story of the virus will be biological warfare of some sort that the government is attempting to cover up. Notice how during the hospital scene they rushed out the dead patient immediately to get him to the basement. They knew he was going to turn. I wonder if they brought up the "flu shot" to allude to the fact that it could have been a voluntary vaccine?

I think the church just happens to be the first location we're exposed to the zombie/outbreak since that's where one of the main characters starts. The kid who brought the knife also mentioned that it's happening in other states. I really liked the zoom out showing LA and the apocalypse that is about to wipe it out. Then the cut to the credits with the eerie music sealed the mood. I'll be watching.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont think TWD is a masterpiece like a few other shows i have seen on tv. nor do i think this will be. but i enjoy the world and i dont watch much else on tv the last year or so.

ill be watching also

5. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

It's definitely not a masterpiece but when it's done right it's a great show. I really hope this spin-off addresses some of the pacing and pointlessness that plagues (pun intended) TWD at times. I enjoy the world as well and really want to know the back story and the build-up to what we see on TWD.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nicely done. I doubt any actors in FTWD can stack up against Morgan.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Surviving the zombie apocalypse in that part of California would be super rough given the lack of plentiful fresh water or game along with ridiculous population of potential zombies. I'm not sure any of the people on this show should live.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

you could make shelter in the mountains. But def would need to get out of LA fast. Perhaps go to Baja Mexico, no one is in baja mexico.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but there's a reason for that. Living in the desert in that kind of scenario would be pretty tough and you'd always run the risk of dying of thirst. If I was in southern California I'd head north as fast as possible, if you can make it to northern California or Oregon then you'd find much more livable conditions after civilization falls....assuming you could make it that far.

10. conquistador#11

what about the infected in Oregon? this is world wide here. Best chances is hijack a cruise liner stay in the ocean til eventual death. And what the hell is up with tobias? He is paranoid about staying in yet goes all the way to school to retrieve his knife,that 30 year old high schooler is going to get got soon.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's world wide, so you'll have to deal with them no matter where you go....but the whole state of Oregon has like 1/6th the population of LA alone. Oregon is about 400 miles away though, so making it that far would be rough. Either way if you could just make it to northern California there's a lot fewer people and a lot more fresh water and food sources. LA isn't THE worst place to be during the zombie apocalypse, but it's pretty close. I'd imagine just about the only worse place would be NYC.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm actually enjoying this.... I would personally evacuate to Katy.....

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They trolling us now, right? Another black man bites that dust. Now that three black people that had actual dialog have all become zombies maybe some one else will die.

I like the show though.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's brilliant, Katy will be completely evacuated already so you'd be completely alone.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Catelina would be a good chice. Distant enough to isolated, big enough to support you, but small enough to manage.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can tell from her eyes that the female protagonist is a female Rick Grimes.

Badass

17. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

More like 650 or so miles to the Oregon border. It's almost 400 miles from LA to San Francisco alone.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've enjoyed it thus far, no real surprises but I like how they are playing the whole thing out.

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

It is kinda messed up that they've immediately killed off 3 black characters. #AllLivesMatter

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this, well executed but predictable in every way