1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Wow, haven't posted in this thread in FOREVER. I guess I took my anime ramblings to twitter and comment sections on manga chapters. Damn, this thread goes so far back that there was a time when Attack on Titan was the new hotness in here. lol

Really liking the Winter 2016 season. It's the first we've had in a while that I'm willing to say can legitimately stack up against the awesomeness that was Summer 2014.

Right now my watchlist this season is GATE, Assassination Classroom, Dimension W, One Piece (in the midst of one of its most anticipated arcs/moment from the manga right now), Hiakyuu, and of course the most hyped anime this season (maybe even the One Punch man of 2016), Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED).

I dropped the homeless man's Psycho Pass, Active Raid. That show is the very definition of mediocre. On the fence about Bubuki Buranki (refuses to have a coherent plot) and Musaigen no Phantom World (too cliched).

Did I miss any shows you guys are watching from Winter 2016 that are worth checking out?

If you're talking about Toriko, I read the manga, but all the anime reviewers I trust say the anime was a bad adaptation, so I stayed away. Let us know if it's any good.

Digging it so far. The premise and animation have me hooked. Good characters too. Just hoping the plot maintains the momentum.

2. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Technically not anime but Season 2 of Young Justice was recently added to Netflix. Awesome show if you love DC/Marvel animated shows.

Also highly recommend Hunter X Hunter on Netflix although it only goes up to Episode 100 for some reason.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Erased Ep. 6:

We now know that the mysterious businessman is the killer, that's something.
    Episode ends with the blue butterfly, so I guess we're in for another travel back to the past?

4. mikus

mikus Member

The question is, if it is that businessman, who was he in the past? He doesn't look particularly old and it seems like he would have been new to the community back in 1988, since there were previous killings in the next town. ARGH to the Revival cliffhanger. I'm going to guess he goes back to 1988 again, but who knows.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Even after reading the manga for Erased the anime is still so enjoyable to watch. Can't wait for those future episodes :grin:

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Meant kimi no todoke lol. Philippines barely has any Wi-Fi for me to watch :(

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Erased new episode:
    1. As I predicted: Back in time, yeaaa.
    2. Good thing he's finally hiding Kayo.
    3. Damn cliffhanger at the end, but think the person entering the bus is just someone random, not the killer.

8. mikus

mikus Member

Oh the cliffhangers!

Does he know for a fact that this is his last chance at Revival? He seemed very certain of that in the beginning of the episode. Unfortunately, while he has tried to address his previous mistakes by giving Yuuki an alibi and hiding Kayo, he is no closer to figuring out who the killer is in 1988.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He doesn't know. I don't know how long the source material is, but maybe this is really the last time. Likely he said it because another time jump would mean he's back to being arrested, with no chance to redeem himself or search for clues (although the co-worker seemed like a nice person, would like to see her again. The Business man/killer also seems intriguing).
    Can't wait to see how this anime progresses, so many different ways this can develop, all of them intriguing.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I would love if this was the established rule. 1st chance to go back and try to change. 1 trip back to the present to see what changed. 1 final attempt to change the past based on what was learned.

I literally yelled at then end when the guy opened the door. I love shows that can get me so invested.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

New Erased episode was nice, everything going well thus far. Really hope Kayo doesn't die throughout the series, she's too likeable and they develop the story between the protagonist and her in such a cute way (especially during the futon scene). Would break the Tizzle heart if she died.

12. omgTHEpotential

"Ajin" has some good potential. It took a while to get used to the weird "3D-like" animation though.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

friend told me to get on it, I think he showed me a clip of some moster eating a girl and it looked beyond terrible (like Reboot from ol' toonami days)

The story was good according to him though

14. mikus

mikus Member

Does anyone watch RWBY from Rooster Teeth? That Volume 3 finale was pretty crazy.

15. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Can someone recommend me another show just finished death note.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Ooohh, didn't know the finale was out already. Been watching from the beginning and its good stuff. For anyone interested they have the first two volumes on Netflix.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If you enjoyed Death Note I'd recommend Code Geass. Has kind of the same ambiguous antagonist/protagonist thing going

18. omgTHEpotential

Honestly, I've almost dropped it during the 1st episode, the animation was just too weird for me. But I got used to it rather quickly, and the story is really good.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Most of the anime suggested here are dramas, but one comedy I personally loved is The Devil is a Part Timer. Not many anime have been able to actually make me laugh, but I found it genuinely funny. Sure wished we got a second season.

20. hvic

hvic Member

There's an anime convention at George r brown if anyone is interested