1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dat new Erased episode was inteense, sucks that we have to wait a week for the next one.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Dat reveal tho

Should've gone with my first instinct that is was the teacher. He was just too good and it fooled us all, haha. Man that guy is a b*stard! He set Satoru up so cleanly too

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Brehh. He always was a bit suspicious, but did so many good deeds and seemed like a great guy, so it was a bit surpising. Curious to see what happens next, will the teacher save Satoru because of the "I know your future!" line? Seemed like he stopped walking away when Satoru said that.
    Love this show, I never know what happens next.

4. mikus

mikus Member

I agree with all of your points..I have no idea where this story is headed.

5. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Just got done binge watching The Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix, defn check it out.

6. Marteen

Marteen Member

Watched the new Erased episode today. It was very obvious who it was from a very huge clue.

From the moment the candy came out of his car compartment, I thought it was him. I thought they tried to make it too obvious on purpose, but nope. Still, it doesn't take away how hooked I am in the show.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Alright y'all, I've seen FMA:B, Attack on Titan, Death Note, and my favorite Hunter x Hunter. I'm looking for something that is an A-list anime like the one's I've mentioned. Would also prefer something a little longer than 20 episodes. Recommendation?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hunter Hunter has been cancelled hasn't it?

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Hunter x Hunter is on hiatus. Very controversial since the author has taken extensive breaks up to days, months, and even years due to "illness".

1 person likes this.
  10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Ya i just mentioned it because i really liked it. so recommendations yall?

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anytime somebody asks me I always recommend Steins;Gate. I think it's the greatest Anime of all time. It's not really an action anime, more of a mystery/comedy. Gotta stick with it for at least 3 episodes.

If you are looking for a great action anime I would go with Gurren Lagann or Psycho Pass although its more of a crime drama.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Steins;Gate is probably the next one I'm gonna check out.

Psycho Pass (1st season specifically) is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Thanks to fchowd0311 for recommending it. I enjoyed the 2nd season, but not nearly as much as that 1st season. Looking forward to the English dub of the movie coming out very soon.

I watched the first episode of One Punch Man as suggested by Junkyard_Dog, and I didn't really like it. I've been meaning to give it a few more episodes, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

I watched 10 or so episodes of Steins Gate - didn't like it. It was mediocre.

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's not 20 episodes yet since it's new but give Erased a few episodes. You will not regret it.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he didn't even flinch with the candy though...

I was on to him before that but the guy was smart as hell.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I didn't want it to be him either, but he's the only adult link with all three that the kid and his mother knew. I wanted a red herring link to throw that off but alas...

Maybe in the next episode, the kid goes one level deeper into his past's past.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

If hxh is your favorite, try Yu Yu Hakusho. It's my personal favorite and is the same creator as hxh.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I watched roughly the same amount and was extremely annoyed with the characters and writing. Had absolutely no sympathy for the characters and wanted to punch them nearly every 20sec, the episodes also dragged like hell (would be okay with better writing and characters, but not in that case). I heard it gets better from Episode 12 on, so I'll give it another chance (because the plot itself is really intriguing).

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Anybody here keep up with Arslan Senki or Tokyo Ghoul? When are they coming back?

20. JiantJerbil

JiantJerbil Member

I keep up with Tokyo Ghoul (manga)... I'm not sure if they are going to animate Season 2; I heard it was supposed to come out this year. Due to the anime and manga differences, I'm not sure how they are going to retcon or change up things because there is so much reveals/spoilers in Season 2 that makes it so much more epic than Season 1. It also gets really dark.

Kaneki revealed to be a psychopathic *******, Eto not being the one eyed king, Arima & Rize belong to same organization as Yoshimura,

I seriously recommend reading the manga if you really like the anime.

Also for my Gintama lovers; I'm loving the current arc!

The King of Crows is here!