1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Parasyte was definitely interesting need to finish it. I seem to start anime get halfway through and get bored of it. Psycho pass, black cat, fate/stay night just couldnt keep me interested for the full series. Anyone have that happen to them?

2. omgTHEpotential

I really enjoyed Attack On Titan!

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm close to finishing the 2nd season of Mushi-Shi and it's just such a beautiful, tranquil show. Definitely one of the least "Otaku" animes out there. I'm glad they were able to finish adapting the whole manga.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will check this out, the ratings are awesome. Thanks.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Big fan of FMA: Brotherhood - its actually the only complete anime series I own on blu-ray. Its an amazing series.

I just downloaded Assassination Classroom hoping that will be good the premise sounded fun. Has anyone here seen it?

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, I was waiting for the dub and I watched it about a month ago. I loved it. Not top 10 level, but pretty damn entertaining.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Cool tell me how you like it. The first season is just called "Mushi-shi" and it came out 10 years ago. The second season came out last year and is called "Mushishi Zoku Shou".

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The first episode was pretty good and the premise seems really unique, will definitely watch the rest. The animation/art quality is huge for a series, was movie quality.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maan the new episode of Erased surprised me, the story is getting more incredible each minute.

10. mikus

mikus Member

Ehhh..stop it, I need to watch this when I get home! :cool:

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Why does anime appeal to you guys? Serious question...I think I would enjoy it, but there are so many shows on my "to watch" list that I have a hard time dedicating time to getting into anime. But, it's always been something that has been in the back of my mind, and I've just failed to get around to it.

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Same reason regular television appeal to people honestly. Don't know how else to quite explain it.

I feel you on the rest though, which is why I've mostly set myself to watching current anime on a weekly basis.

Also helps that I've got plenty of free time and I'm more often bored than not lol.

13. JiantJerbil

JiantJerbil Member

This is the reason's why I love Gintama; it does comedy so well but when it gets serious it switches gears so fluidly. And also I love how they do the tie-ins really well like the minor cameo about the weather girl getting married turns into an arc later.

Shogun Assassination and the following arc is probably the longest I've seen the Manga/Anime go serious since Yoshiwara on Fire arc.

1 person likes this.
  14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

When I first started watching anime I didn't even know it was anime. Dragonball Z used to be just a regular Saturday morning cartoon for me(heavily edited version of course). As I grew up I just found out there was more stuff like it and began getting interested in the different genres. I used to spend a decent amount of money on anime and am so glad they have streaming websites for it now

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The reason to watch anime is that it gives better "fantasy" and "sci-fi" stories than live-action tv can most of the time. Of course, that's for obvious reasons as animation just makes it easier to set the environment and overall theme.

Try watching one of the "classics" that are readily available with good English dubs b/c they're very popular such as:

Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Samurai X
    Gundam 00
    Wolf's Rain
    Death Note (though I wouldn't recommend this as a first anime if you're looking for action)

Or one of the "modern classics" such as:

Attack on Titan
    Fate/Zero (perhaps my personal favorite anime of the last few years)
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Psycho Pass

Just stick with any of those for a few episodes and you'll be hooked. That's a pretty diverse list as they all have fairly different settings/genres. You can make a judgement for yourself after that. :)

#1715 DudeWah, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

RR14, I had too much free time these weeks and already watched both seasons of Baby Steps. Hope season 3 comes soon, this show is so good. :(

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Was good , but a whole week for 20 minutes is really beginning to irritate me .

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

For the brehs that watched Erased ep5:

Was really surprised when he went back to adulthood, although I kinda expected it to happen at one point.

Huge cliffhanger at the end, think she dies? It was already obvious in the episode and now even more, think the main character will try to find all clues that lead him to the killer and then go back in time to prevent every single murder.

I don't know how long the source material is, maybe he will go back and forth in time multiple times to find clues? I don't see how the present time is that interesting to watch and how he can find a lot of clues there, so he should go back in time at least two times more to find the killer and prevent the crimes (he already changed the date the girl died, so he already had an influence on the past/pattern and going back in time definitely helps, no matter how little he does). He'll probably have to do a trial&error method.

Regarding killer: Now agree that the parents didn't do it, but the way they hid in their house the day after she went missing tells me that they maybe saw the killer snatch her away? Or maybe they know the killer.

Urghhh the suspense, hate having to wait a week for each episode.

19. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

That's what's up!!! I'm hoping for one too, but it looks like it won't be for a while :(
    Have you seen shokugeki no soma?

I'm thinking of just reading the manga at this point LMAO, 12 episodes isn't going to be enough!!!

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

So I finished Psycho-Pass on Netflix today and loved it! Then I find out that there's a 2nd season and a recently released movie?!

Was looking forward to moving on and trying out another series, but I guess I have to finish what I started. Glad that there's more to the story, but I wouldn't have been upset if it had stopped after 22 episodes like I initially thought.