1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make your predictions for the next four years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Gutter Snipe, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

All right - Obama won. He took Ohio, he took most of the swing states, and he took the popular vote.

So I'd like people from both sides of the fence to make their predictions for where we will be in four years. According to the left, we have been making progress so things should be better 2016. According to the right, Obama winning will be an unmitigated disaster for freedom.

Call your shots now on the national debt, unemployment, inflation, etc.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

delete

#2 Dubious, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

look at the last four years, it will be more of the same

gridlock by House republicans, government by last resort (fiscal cliff), endless assaults on the President from the 1% using their socially r****ded proxies, chaos in the new Middle East, continued monetary bleeding of Iran, pragmatic relations with China though more confrontational with our proxies, slow economic recovery or possibly a recession if the budget isn't addressed in a bi-partisan emergency

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

More debt. More gridlock. More of the same.

What do I win?

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Obama will cut defensive spending in half and give it to NASA as an apology. NASA will kick ass and discover aliens, who will come to Earth and turn us all into hippies. Well all of us except that guy from the Police Academy movies who really liked guns. That guy will escape and battle the hippie revolution.

I'm not saying the above happens, but its my strong gut feel. If it doesn't, ill stop posting on the bbs forever...

... J/k

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stagflation

8. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I'm a little depressed this morning, but this is America's decision. I fear for the very young who will have to deal with this generation's stupidity and for the old who will not have much of a chance to get much older.

For me, I have lived a full and happy life. I know that when dialysis, in my case, is no longer available because of a shortage of skilled doctors and nurses, I will die in my sleep within two weeks. At the end I will have my dog put to sleep so he will not risk being slaughtered and eaten by the poor looking to put meat on the table.

In the interim, we will need to raise the tax rate to 91% of income after the first $100,000. Of course, that bracket will include just about everyone as inflation goes to pre-WWII Germany levels.

Good luck, guys. You'll have to deal with it. I'm just going to sit back and watch. I did all I could to save the country, so my conscience is clear.

#9 thumbs, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  10. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

people are panicking like they're 100% sure of the outcome.

stress kills.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol thumbs. Please leave the America you now disdain and see no future for.

Seriously.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Those kinds of posts on here and on Facebook are what I was looking forward to the most after an Obama victory.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, my Lord, I'm fixing to bust out crying ("Raising Arizona"). Your post would actually mean something if it wasn't so.....what's the word...insincere! Yes, you did all you could to save our country, so don't hesitate to join the millions of others who are contemplating leaving the country for a better life elsewhere.

O...can...a.....da.......

1 person likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Obama begins bombing 3 more countries.

He will be one of the worst Presidents ever when it comes to civil liberties.

Unemployment will stay around 10%. Underemployment steadily increases, and will soon be accepted as the norm. The trend of people moving back in with their parents after graduation continues. Retail stores and restaurants will prefer to hire people part-time over full-time to avoid costs associated with Obamacare and other regulations.

I could go on, but literally nothing will be better. But FWIW I would have said most of these things had Romney won.

15. rtsy

rtsy Member

What he said.

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Nope, too cold. For better or worse (probably the latter), my home is here.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hoverboards...

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I predict that some people will never learn that making absolute predictions like this is just plain dumb.

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

More of the same.

Yay us.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd be delighted to revisit in 4 years and see that I was wrong, but I'm not counting on it.