1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make your predictions for the next four years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Gutter Snipe, Nov 7, 2012.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

We shall see. Mankind continually lives in a time of firsts.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

it sure didn't happen in Obama's 4 years. You think it will hapen within the next 4 years?

3. thumbs

Yes, I fear it will. His first four years were a setup for (IMO) the disasters of his second four years.

4. vlaurelio

interesting. you may be on to something here. so what exactly will cause the shortage of skilled doctors and nurses again?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

To the bunker...

[​IMG]

...don't forget the toilet paper, you know we'll need it.

6. thumbs

Obamacare. It's already happening. Sure, you can use any doctor in the Medicare, Medicaid and Obamacare program. However, the problem is that there are (and will be) fewer and fewer skilled doctors/nurses participating in Medicare, Medicaid and Obamacare. That means more and more people will be chasing fewer and fewer doctors.

My cousin just laid off six of his least tenured workers to cope with Obamacare. He used to pay 100% of their medical coverage, but now that's over. The sales people will have to get their own on commissions and per diem travel expenses. Sad. He gave the terminated workers nice bonuses and referral letters. If Obama gets more aggressive with his rules and regulations on small business, he may have to cut even more. A really happy, motivated shop is now doom and gloom.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your cousin is a GREEDY b*stard. Obamacare is an excuse. It's not even implemented where it would affect him.

8. thumbs

No, I am not a doomsday prepper. When the time comes, I will make my exit naturally (unless someone shoots me during a break-in).

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Less doctors? Bull****. Less Millionaire Greedy scumbags...HOPEFULLY.

10. thumbs

Think what you like. Not one, not even the unlucky ones, thinks that. If he were greedy, he wouldn't be as generous as he is. I doubt their attitude has changed since I was there yesterday.

11. vlaurelio

why and how? what do they end up doing instead?

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I would expect that my surgeon could carve a hell of a brisket.

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Some previous hysterical stupidity from Thumbs regarding Obama's re-election (circa April 2012):

In other news, two of the most comical things I have seen in a while from the staggeringly ignorant wingnuts are:

1) The belief that Obama will take their guns...again. How can anyone take this seriously?
    2) The belief that Romney lost because he was not "conservative enough". Yeah, that'll attract more votes...

14. thumbs

More and more will limit their private practices by refusing Medicare patients or not adding new Medicare patients. Listen to the health care ads ... you can use any doctor you choose if they are Medicare participants. Listen to the end of the ads, particularly ones like Humana. As Pelosi advised, just pass Obamacare and read what is in it later. It's later and getting later.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Love it, keep it coming brah:

[​IMG]

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Obamacare is not an insurance plan that doctors can choose not to participate in.

But your point on medicare and medicaid is correct.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

thumbs, dude......if you're just playing a bbs character right now, props. It's freaking hilarious. And very well executed.

But if you're actually serious.........wow............

18. thumbs

Although laughter is the best medicine, I'll let you decide whether I'm serious.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This is beyond childish and silly. Fear mongering is one thing, but if you truly believe this, you honestly need to seek some sort of professional help for a mental disorder. This kind of detachment from reality is not healthy, and I fear for your wellbeing and the wellbeing of those who depend on you should you continue this behavior.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Sorry, I should have said over forty presidents.:grin: