1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make your predictions for the next four years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Gutter Snipe, Nov 7, 2012.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Donny, it's not a wish. It's a prediction. If you don't know the difference, then it's your problem. BTW, you only fear what you suspect might be true.

#101 thumbs, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I give that prediction the same odds as the world ending on Dec 23 2012.

3. thumbs

I respect your opinion and your odds. However, if you are giving odds, you cannot be completely sure I am wrong.:)

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Anything can happen, I could have millions this week after I win the lotto.:grin:

#104 pirc1, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think I'm with you now.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

thumbs if you're trolling folks, then you're doing an excellent job. Some of the things you've said recently have been borderline crazy, so this appeared to me as just another step in the progression toward total-bat-nuts-****ing-insane.

With that being said, a full-on class war would happen before people would succumb to eating others pets to prevent starvation. We'd be lynching the rich in the streets before any of us was forced to eat your dog.

Maybe you should be more worried about that situation?

7. thumbs

I grew up on Alfred E. Newman -- "What, me worry?" The doomsday preppers may be on the right track, but I'll never be one of them. If I can't shoot a deer or a pesky squirrel, how am I going to shoot another human being, even in the defense of my home?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you are already one of them in thought

9. thumbs

No, with the exception of knowing how I will deal with the situation, I am not stocking food, water, booze, gasoline, getaway gear, weapons, ammunition or sundries ... except toilet paper, of course.

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Ya, so he's trollin...

11. Buck Turgidson

No, I fear people like you, easily the dumbest individual I've seen on this bbs (or in real life) in the past 36 hours.

12. Buck Turgidson

No, he's going to kill himself and kill his dog so as not to be starved to death and eaten by the cannibiliberal hordes.

13. thumbs

Fear? For detailing a scenario that may well come true? Are you sure you don't wear panties because they seem to be bunched.:grin:

As I wrote earlier to DonnyMost about my prediction: One only fears what one suspects might be true -- or likely.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://kylesmithonline.com/?p=9860

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

16. Commodore

I hope not, but what about it would you dispute?

17. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Whether by inflation or more regulation, costs are going to rise. Electricity is going to go up. The costs of running a business are going to go up. The value of your money is going to go down. How well prepared are you for a poor economy? I hope you have less debt than the government does.

And anyone who makes a statement that a small business owner who lays off employees is doing it because he is greedy is on freaking crack. Starting and running a small business is a high-risk endeavor that is primarily done to make money. Hiring more employees is done because you think they will help you make more money.

You don't fire said employees out of greed, you do it because of fear and an understanding of a changing business climate.

18. Commodore

19. cml750

cml750 Member

I predict by 2016 there will be so many people on welfare, living off of the government that the Democrats will never lose an election again. Their goal will be realized. Heck I have a TERRIBLE back. I could get on disability very easily. Not that people need "real" excuses to get on disability. If you can't beat them join them.

Seriously, I have no doubts this country is going belly up financially in the future (that may or may not happen by 2016). Why should I bust my ass working when so many others don't.

Unfortunately, I am not wired that way. I will continue to work and bust my ass to help pay for those who don't. I will also keep voting for sane politicians. I actually hope the Republicans give Obama whatever he wants on the tax code.

1 person likes this.
  20. jocar

jocar Member