1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Make your predictions for the next four years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Gutter Snipe, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Yup... Exactly what I was going to say...

2. Nook

Nook Member

My predictions for the next 4 years:

#1. The Citizens United decision makes a massive difference in the 2014 mid term elections.

#2. Our civil liberties continue to decrease as corporations continue to have a larger control over our life.

#3. Gas prices continue to rise.

#4. Thumbs dies alone in a boarding house spare room after some young hippie steals his dialysis thinking it is some new age drug.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

1) Rockets win championship.

2) Karl Malone mysteriously dies on a hunting safari with Karl Rove.

4) Fallout 4 is released and set in Boston

5) Republicans double down on the derpy

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Sad to see this country going so far away from what it once was. And people want more of the same.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

The future will prove you crazy. Are you seriously wholly unaware of how completely unhinged you sound right now?

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Dude, he worked in distribution. He knows.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hey guys, he is just kidding right? I mean no one can be this damn paranoid, right? Seriously, it's scary to see what goes on in some people's minds. Thumbs, please get a grip on reality bro, this just isn't healthy.

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

No one knows the future. I mentioned the "distribution" aspect only because Buck asked. Now, thad may be optimistic about the future and I could accuse him of being unhinged for doing so. I will not because I cannot. I don't know him or his future.

However, what I can look at are trends and past performance/speeches by Obama and his posse. That is why I am so pessimistic about our future. Again, I hope I am wrong ... but at this point I don't think so.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Here we go. The nutters have fired the first salvo.

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2012/11/tea-party-bashes-romney-vows-comeback/

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except nothing in Obama's speeches, proposals, or performances have in anyway indicated the future you tried to predict.

11. thumbs

One doesn't try to predict. One predicts or one doesn't. The same is true for pregnancy. Either a woman is or isn't. Predictions may be accurate or inaccurate but a prediction is.

But, for clarification's sake, I look at Obama's actions/decisions/speeches on issues ranging from Benghazi to Fast and Furious, from the Keystone pipeline to inhibiting offshore and frac oil drilling, from funneling half a billion dollars to his crony campaign bundlers who are then allowed to declare bankruptcy without penalty to setting records on playing to providing Obamacare exceptions to unions and other buds, from...geez the list is almost endless.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I am out of politics. Let America reap the rewards or punishment for its leadership decision.

1 person likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

wtf...

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I always thought you were more rational than this, but now I understand why you are a tea party member.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that's it?

15. pirc1

Surely those actions will cause people to look for dogs as food because of the food shortage.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and dialysis will no longer available because of a shortage of skilled doctors and nurse and people will die within two weeks

17. thumbs

Please learn to read what is written rather than what you want a message to say. Come to think of it, quite a few of your colleagues do the same. Reading objectively apparently is a lost art on this board.

#77 thumbs, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  18. pirc1

You are saying what Obama is doing will eventually cause the country to get to those stages. We have had over two hundred years and over fifty presidents, some were better and some were worse than Obama, but none of them caused the country to get to the that stage. You are not living in reality anymore.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

USA in four years:

[​IMG]

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Check your math.....

[​IMG]