ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[WTF] Did Adelman just throw the game?!
Tags:  basketball, bulls, houston rockets, nba Tags
CXbby is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Down 3 with 32 seconds to go and a 8 second shot clock differential, all we have to do is get a stop and it is a one possession game. By intentionally fouling, we have to have them miss TWO freethrows to even have a shot at tying. We no longer control our own fate and as long as the Bulls make freethrows it is over. I don't think I have ever seen an intentional foul like this when it is still a ONE possession game with time to go.

So my little question is... WTF WAS HE THINKING?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Sponsored Link
clos4life is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
clos4life
Contributing Member
clos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boardsclos4life is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #29124
Go get laid, you'll get more out of it than you are right now. That's my advice. I think I'm about to go follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
The James Harden signing is Trevor Ariza magnified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROF2012 View Post
He did not play at star level in the last 3 games.

tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
i was reallly confused. stupid, stupid execution. maybe he's trying to get fired.

fallenphoenix is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42673
and what would you have done?

TheChosenOne is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
TheChosenOne
Contributing Member
TheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineTheChosenOne is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46709
No, the players are responsible. Not saying we would have won, but how about actually looking at the scoreboard and seeing we need some 3's? Would that be too much trouble to ask of NBA players

knote32 is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Why did JORDAN HILL PLAY 5 FREAKING MINUTES???

knote32 is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #7
knote32
Contributing Member
knote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchknote32 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jan 2006
Member: #16408
Rick the smuck played the bench 31 total minutes.

Ronnie Brewer played 32 minutes alone...

Jordan Hill says hello...

bj3175 is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
bj3175
bj3175 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25542
First of all the refs reviewed all the questionable plays on the Rox down the stretch and none by the bulls that's crap anyway you look at it

CXbby is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenphoenix
and what would you have done?
Are you **** kidding me?!

Get a stop. And go for a three.

You foul, and the game is over as long as they make ONE freethrow.

windz is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
windz
windz is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44111
classic idleman

jsonic6 is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
jsonic6
Contributing Member
jsonic6 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #39778
The players blew the game... Not much execution and too many turnovers...

RV6 is online now Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
could have gone in the game thread/analyis...not that bad of a move when you consider how deadly rose and co had been and their defense. He extended the game and gave them more opportunities to win.

Strawman is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #13
Strawman
Strawman is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2009
Member: #42451
Lowry played 6 minutes more than our whole bench combined.

GG Adelman

FIREEEE

utcarbs is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #14
utcarbs
utcarbs is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46684
Horrible move to foul. You place confidence in your D and try to get the stop. That decision to foul made it impossible to come back.

BigM is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #15
BigM
Contributing Member
BigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBigM is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2764
I have no idea why he decided to foul. Make a stop and get the ball back, seems like the no brainer decision.

HeWhoIsLunchbox is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
HeWhoIsLunchbox
Contributing Member
HeWhoIsLunchbox is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHeWhoIsLunchbox is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2008
Member: #33906
Quote:
Originally Posted by knote32
Why did JORDAN HILL PLAY 5 FREAKING MINUTES???
We were out-rebounded by 8, and Hill (who was getting almost a rebound per minute) only plays 5 minutes. Extremely questionable decision by Adelman.

MightyMog is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #17
MightyMog
MightyMog is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42637
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoIsLunchbox
We were out-rebounded by 8, and Hill (who was getting almost a rebound per minute) only plays 5 minutes. Extremely questionable decision by Adelman.

Why ask why?

Rick loves to play players he trust. Miller has been playing for Rick for so many years. Its obvious.

And........we fail but hey we got a coach who will guarantee us a failed season for next year.

thekad is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #18
thekad
thekad is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodthekad is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #23394
Noah is a career 60% FT shooter. Why he didn't hack-a-Asik in the 5 minutes preceding I have no answer for.

A_3PO is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #19
A_3PO
A_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemA_3PO is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
I agree it was a mistake to start fouling with 32 seconds left down by 3. Can't remember the last time I've seen a coach make that decision. Big miscalculation by Adelman for not trying to get a stop and then having Kevin Martin or Brad Miller attempt a 3-pointer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

Moleb is offline Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #20
Moleb
Moleb is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2010
Member: #47698
Call me crazy, but.... ( lol you guys will probably call me crazy ) there could be a possibility that the Rockets are going to tank this year, and attempt to one of the great young players that are coming out in this years draft. But its speculation, but in all honesty if i were a gm or an owner of a franchise. I would be very intrigued by the young crop of players coming out in the 2011 draft. But yes Adelman could be in tank mode.