1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WTF] Did Adelman just throw the game?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Who's a better coach available then????

2. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Watching the last play makes me want to punch Lee/Miller in the face. They look like 8 year olds on a playground - ****ing r****ds. To be honest, Scola shouldn't have even been in the ****ing paint but I guess that's Adelman's fault.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah, its kind of like how every kid gets a ribbon or medal now.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Or it could be that Lee played within himself on offense, played generally good D on Rose in the second half which caused the comeback in the first place and was why Martin was sitting on the bench after he had a good third quarter, and that Morey has more or less said quite often that defense in the 32nd possession is just as important as in the final one.

5. gotsis

gotsis Member

I donĀ“t believe the "lee should of fouled" cop out, he had 9382983 opportunities to foul, brad miller could of fouled, this loss is on the coaching staff that decided not to foul...

6. mrjuandiego1988

maybe that wikileaks guy can spill the beans on what adleman is thinking when he does things like this! lol.......... :grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. rox81

rox81 Member

Really, which of the "great young players that are coming out in this years [sic] draft" would you be referring to? The coming draft is thin on great talent.

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Brad was beasting, thats why

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not sure you need a big name or even a guy proven as a head coach. Rick has just lost whatever it is he used to have...or maybe he has just lost the players. I don't know but I do know if you ignore the coach's name and look at the actual coaching this year, it's hard to say it has been anything but bad.

10. leebigez

Yep, just like those missed 1st qt free throws are the same as the ones he missed at the end in the finals. Maybe the missed layup in the 2nd qt is the same as the one he missed in the 4th qt that couldve won the game right? All points arent created equal my friend and patting someone on the back after a critical play is a losers mentality. Its just like how now they take the competition out of american kids with all this "its ok,you tried" mentality. Before i end this rant, let me tell you something about competitve spirit to me.

Anyone growing up in my age bracket(40), know what its like to get you ass kicked on the field of play. There were no mercy rules in little league football. Every kid didnt get a medal or ribbon when they lost. If you were down 40-0 in the first qt, you might get 70 dropped on you. In hoops, you might get embarrassed if your team wasnt good enough, but those ass kickings and competitive spirit translate to real life situations. As a person, no one says good job when you dont get a job or the girl or the business loan. If you dont compete to win, you will be on the street corner with the cardboard sign.

Ok,I'm done with the gameball tweet.

11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Ouch.

I remember little league football. I remember it hurt.

A lot.

And that, strangely, I liked it.

Well, leebigez, if I may ask....

...why is there this general feeling of "okay-ness" floating around the Rockets for the past couple of seasons, in your opinion?

The Rockets haven't won, if you were to look at the standings.....
    ...but I seem to think that people are much more willing to accept losing if it looks like you gave it that old college try......

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Simple with 3 point over, you foul Noah once he got the ball from Rose before he gave it back to him for 3 point at the buzzer. You win the game.

13. rju1986

rju1986 Member

My question..

With time winding down, after a possession.. You knew they would foul us- so they fouled both kyle Lowry and Brad Miller and had put them both on the freethrow line. Both had missed atleast one freethrow. In any case, I know Kevin Martin had a virus..

But why in the hell did coach not put kevin martin on the floor to shoot them @the end?? Take a timeout, put the ball at half-court or not (depending on theory of running the clock out some more) and give the ball to Kevin Martin. We would've won by 1pt instead of losing by 3pts.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Better yet, make the danged free throws..

DD

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So Lee missed 1000 opportunities to foul. Why didn't anyone else try to foul? The rest of the team knows the gameplan so if they see it's not working, where's the plan B guy that's supposed to foul Rose? Or the already mentioned because it's so obvious opportunity to foul Noah.

16. leebigez

mdrowe00,
    I dont think the organization is serious about a ring. I think they always have built in excuses and use the media to soothe the feelings of the public. The whole thought process of the organization is that of extreme caution and safety. The recent battlecries about taking the lakers to 7 games is a recurring theme among fans. So if the only shining light since 97 was taking la to 7 games, why arent the fans pissed about being average? The built in excuse of either the tracy bs or the cash cow injuries. There is always some kind of excuse of why we're not a top tier team. Then the gm talks about a gameball to a guy who blows his assignment and is a known choker. You think the 1st baseman got a game ball for all the solid plays he made during the game prior to the ball going through his legs? What about mitch williams serving it up to carter? Those guys couldnt even play in those towns again.

I dont know where it went wrong, but it seems the effort is worth more than the results now. This game is about impact players making impact plays. You cant minimize those plays and make it seem like its just 1 play. I dont care about the 31 plays courtney played correct because he had a chance to play 32 correctly. The rockets are in a deep,ugly funk in terms of being relevant. Nationally, they dont matter and honestly, they have been behind dallas and sa for 11 yrs and counting. I'm sure there is a calculation or ribbon for that too.

17. iohudave

iohudave Member

Exactly. Another word instead of the maths: The key is in this case, one more FT made is same as one prossession made.

18. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

rick makes very few poor decisions in the flow of the game, so i will side with him on this. he knows his team well and he is like an encyclopedia on the other teams...must have had a solid reason.

19. Junebball

Junebball Member

J Hill rebounding is very underrated in here. His missing assignments, lack of concentration/focus defensively on the other hand is one of the over blown excuse not to play him. One can argue that Scola has been one of the worst defender for this team, and his horrible rebounding in traffic gives opponents second chance after second chance. Take Lakers game for example, JHill secured critical rebounds that seal a series of very good defensive possesions by the Rockets. Conversely, last night against the Bulls the front court of Scola and Miller allowed two costly put in and an offensive rebound that really eventually cost us the game. I understand that everyone want to point to the obvious missed free throws as well as missed opportunities to foul, but even Adelman alluded to it after the game, the offensive rebounds one for tip - in were the killer. I say with Miller in scoring is never a problem sit Scola in the fourrth quarter, and let's ride with J Hill.

20. carib

carib Member

We made mistakes when we had a 5 point lead in the regular period. We should have had Kevin Martin on the floor, when Chicago started fouling so that he could shoot free throws. The inbound pass would be to him and he would shoot free throws instead of Kyle Lowry and Brad Miller. Lowry is a poor free throw shooter, it shows poor coaching if your team has a poor free throw shooter shooting free throws in a clutch situation.