1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WTF] Did Adelman just throw the game?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hball

Hball Member

This is why I would start hill, use scola for a sixth man role when yao comes back that way yao can also be the focal point in the post while hill can defend and rebound on the other end.

2. droxford

droxford Member

All this talk about the end of the OT period...

What about the last play in regulation?!?

We had a 3 point lead with only a few seconds to go.

Why didn't Adelman have our players intentionally foul Chicago and send them to the freethrow line? Why give them a chance to tie the game with a 3-point shot?

I was reminded of the Orland-Lakers matchup in the playoffs when Stan VanGundy didn't tell his player to intentionally foul. Fisher made a last-second three to send it to OT and the Magic lost in OT.

INTENTIONALLY FOUL!!!

Missing freethrows is a failure in execution. But choosing not to intentionally foul, and, instead, give our opponents an opportunity to tie the game with a 3 ... that's a failure in strategy.

Making a correct decision there would have won the game for us.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Adelman was quoted as saying he tried to convey to his guys (unsuccessfully at that) to foul before a three point attempt was made. Then, you got the guy covering Rose saying he was trying to foul but Rose was too quick. They probably wouldn't have called a foul away from the ball at that point but let them play. So, you had to probably foul the guy with the ball at that point.

If we want to nitpick on that, then we have to nitpick on why Miller didn't try to get rid of the ball with only little time left but, instead, just stood there and took the foul like it was in the bag? He certainly could have easily passed the ball and more time would have run off the clock. But, he held the ball and missed the FT to open up a tie situation. If I didn't know any better, than I would think Miller intentionally gave the game away but obviously he didn't because his three pointers were the reason we were ahead.

In the end, it was just stupid basketball all around. It was a bad night to be a Rockets fan. Have the Rockets beaten Chicago with Rose? It doesn't seem like it...which makes it all the more infuriating that we had this one and blew it by playing dumb basketball. I'm still awfully mad about this last game but, given our record, it's understandable.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

No one is talking about end of OT, we are all talking about end of regulation.