1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ariza] Alright, who is ready to eat crow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Nov 4, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Parsons is gone. Why keep beating a dead horse?

Just embrace the guys we now have. Morey will try to make a trade either in Dec or Feb to upgrade the team.

Otherwise go root for the Mavs.

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Parsons off the bench actually makes a lot more sense on this team. He is more versatile and would give us a good bench scoring threat. Plus you can tell Ariza that is your plan if you decide to match Chandler while Chandler has no choice in the matter.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree. and don't make up stuff like and Morey said as much. that has no relevance to your opinion on this as there is no proof. keeping both ariza and parsons who both are essentially the same players was not a realistic move for this team. we can agree to disagree. but for me basketball wise, i never believed after ariza was signed that CP would be brought back.

4. Andrew Wiggins

I remember exactly what I said in one of those threads:

-Ariza plays much better D than overrated Parsons who has not played good D since his rookie year. This means more steals (leading to easy transition opportunities).
    -Ariza shoots 3s at a higher clip and is much more consistent (how Parsons got the max after such a streaky year is beyond me, there was a 2 month stretch where he could not hit anything).
    -Ariza is better at finishing at the rim.

-Parsons is the better dunker.
    -Parsons is better at running the break in transition (not so sure anymore). Ariza creates 3 of these a game alone with his tipped passes, and he runs them very well.

I said neither can create their own shot and that Parsons was worth the same as Ariza, but that you could pay him more based on potential since he was 25 at the time. But he is really in his prime and I think he peaked in a contract year.

Ariza is only 3 years older and I always pick defense over offense. Having a lockdown wing defender is the best thing for this team. Parsons and Harden were a bad fit plain and simple.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't make sense because Ariza is not a bench player. his strengths cater to being a starter. knock down open 3s and lock down the best perimeter player on the opposing team. he's not a scorer, didn't you realize that in his first time here.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You do understand that nobody involved would admit publicly to the Rockets doing this sort of deal with an agent, correct? Surely, you're not so naive that you think every conversation is reported to the media and the league office, right?

If Clutch reported that it happened then someone (probably multiple someones) in the organization who is reliable told him that it happened.

There is a big world out there little buddy and everything your mommy told you about everyone being honest and pure just isn't the case. Wait until you're old enough date and see the stunts girls pull on you.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The logical explanation is that Morey needed that paltry $1M to make Bosh a maximum offer. It is also the simplest explanation. And it did not turn out well, to say the least.

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not making up stuff. Morey said in his interviews that they thought long and hard about the Parsons decision before making a decision. All reports were that the Rockets were still trying to decide whether or not they would match even after they signed Ariza. There is more information out there saying that they were thinking about matching post Ariza then there is saying they weren't.

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Nope not at all. The Rockets decided to make Parsons a free agent long before Bosh became a realistic option. When the Rockets made that call everybody was expecting LeBron to stay in Miami. The Bosh signing is something that just fell in their laps long after the Parsons call was made.

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What? I said Parsons off the bench makes more sense not Ariza off the bench.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Aside from your snarky tone, there is reason to be optimistic which seems the theme of the thread.

I've played and watched too much basketball and followed this team for too many years to not buy into some of that optimism.

Are we winning the 'chip? No way. We don't have enough quality big depth to do that and our bench role players aren't good enough. But this doesn't look like the same team that lost to the Blazers whose deficiencies existed all season. Last year's team would be no better than 3-1 if playing the same opponents and the games would have likely been tighter.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

No facts. No case. I do not deal in unfettered speculation. And that is all the Parsons issue is on ClutchFans. No other media outlet reported anything like that without relying on the article on ClutchFans.

And by the way I have a live in girlfriend 20 years my junior and have an unobstructed lakeside view of the 18th hole of a private golf club through the 25 feet of 12 foot tall windows in my family room. I believe I am all grown up.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

imo alot of that was out of respect to CP. the original plan if it all worked out was CP to never leave houston. regardless whats happened has got us to this point. also, my bad i mis-read the previous comment about parsons off the bench.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You know if you had said that the lakeside view was obstructed I would have still thought you were a child. Thankfully it isn't.

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

NP. And I think most of this debate is about semantics and phrasing so I will gladly agree to disagree while kind of agreeing.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I never took the bait on bashing bringing him back, and I'm glad the Rockets are getting Ariza 2.0, because he's such a nice improvement over pretty boy.

As I posted in another thread, it just sucks that the roster is probably 1 or 1.5 players away from being legit contenders, and these missing pieces don't even have to be studs, either, so let's hope Morey has better luck at this trade deadline than he did at last years.

1 person likes this.
  17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Ariza's improvement from his early NBA days are a testament to how hard he must have worked to improve. Good for him and smart move by Morey.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I admit that I was a skeptic. He did surprised me so far.

But I don't think he will finish the season with a 59% 3pt shooting. The law of average will catch up. There will be nights you are going to curse him for laying brick after brick. Every shooter has that kind of nights. If he can maintain a 40% average, it will be very good.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did somebody say crow?

[​IMG]

20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Dbag alert!!