1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ariza] Alright, who is ready to eat crow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Nov 4, 2014.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Fixed.

2. Andrew Wiggins

Iirc i posted that one too. It was funny because someone said they wished ariza could rebound like parsons.:eek:

I think ariza has the better handles and therefore gets to the rim easier and quicker without turning it over.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

My how the masses are jealous. Sorry. True. I only bring this up when people accuse me of being a child. That part of my life was over 40 years ago.

4. Andrew Wiggins

I think it is safe to sat they only thought about matching if they could trade him. The more they looked at it, the more they realized it was an untradable contract.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Another interesting stat: of Ariza's 69 points so far, 0 of them are from mid-range. All lay-ups and 3's.</p>&mdash; Bryan Mears (@bryan_mears) <a href="https://twitter.com/bryan_mears/status/529653351580180481">November 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hahaha. DD was still feeling the fresh butthurt from his boy Chandler being shown the door.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Bragging about windows. . . .

By the way, I am ready to take credit for saying we did not take a step down from Parsons to Ariza. Someone who knows how, please find all my wise summer posts on the merits of Ariza!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I saw him shoot one or two midrange jumpshots in preseason ;)

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, that's a sign of maturity all right. :grin:

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That reply was in response to someone who called me a child. I am no child. I did not have an opinion about Ariza until the season started. I function only on stats and facts, not speculation or fantasy. And by the way you were right about Ariza.

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Too soon to tell, while i do think Parsons is the better player. IMO Ariza is the better FIT. Not only is his contract VERY fair, but the way is constituted allows Dmorey to ship him out if he starts sucking where as Parson would facked us over by being un-tradable.
    Things didn't turn out the way we wanted over the summer, but that was a difficult move. It takes balls and hopefully the flexibility pays off in the upcoming trade deadline or during the summer.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is impossible to second guess Morey's moves. He has so much more information than we, as fans, do.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

So you're saying that things go on and conversations happen inside the organization that are not shared with the fans?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a bit pre-mature to say anything about Ariza.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

to people saying it's a bit too soon about Ariza, he did this last season so he's more than capable of sustaining a high level of production as far as 3 and D. he's going to continue to get the same open looks as long as Howard and Harden are both playing.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Maybe ...

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

after reading the one thread about james harden and how he's basically not worth trading for since we had kevin martin, i'de expect anything for our clutchfans members.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza has yet to face a team that actually will defend him. That's all.

He scored 14ppg last season, which was one of if not his best season.

20. seeingred

seeingred Member

yep. guarantee Spoelstra is telling his wing defenders right now to stop abandoning Ariza when Harden collapses the defense. It'll mean more open shots for Canaan and eventually, Beverly (hope they can make the most of it).