1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ariza] Alright, who is ready to eat crow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Nov 4, 2014.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I hated him on his first tour of Houston and was skeptical about him this time around but...

he sure has looked good when playing off harden and howard and not trying to be the next tmac.

2. Neped

Neped Member

Lets see what he does against playoff teams.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I didn't hate Ariza when he left. You could see he was a good role player but wasn't the right fit for what the team wanted him to be. He's looking pretty good right now, but I'll take my time in making a judgement. 4 games isn't much. I'm slow to accept and slow to condemn.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm happy DD wasn't on the Ariza train.

DD curses players with his blessing.

5. Classic

Classic Member

You have an entire body of work from last season including his 10 3 performance in Hou.

He'll be great for us.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think it was an option. I think we offered Ariza the most money. Many times the player goes to the team that pays them the most money. Maybe Ariza would have been coming off the bench, but maybe not. We could have started Parsons at PF in order to keep everyone happy. Ariza, Parsons, Jones and company would have been a rotation and Ariza would get his minutes. If we were the top bidder for Ariza, then I think he would have come to Houston with or without Parsons. But, we will never know, since Morey is obsessed with acquiring a third "Star" player.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

never an option and there's no point in having both ariza and parsons.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I always thought he had borderline allstar potential and could have been much more with just better handles and creating his shot off dribble

9. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Yep... beating up on 4 teams that have a combined record of 2-13 is nothing to boast about.

Ariza is averaging 17.3 ppg and 57% FG against those 4 lottery teams. Meanwhile Chandler Parsons is averaging 23.3 ppg and 57% against the 3 lottery teams the Mavericks have played so far. So is the OP going to eat crow about that too? Or maybe he's going to realize that making these kinds of threads just 1 week into a season is kind of... premature and stupid?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

overreaction is a common theme around here..you didn't know?

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden leads the NBA in plus/minus. Trevor Ariza is third, Terrence Jones fourth. Steph Curry and Zach Randolph round out the top 5.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/529632281623666688">November 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He was terrible until now. I'm not eating crow on anything. Glad he's shaping up. He owes us some made shots from last time.

13. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's completely different roles. In his 1st stint, he was asked to be the primary scoring option. Asked to create for his teammates. Ask to be the type of player that he isn't.

In this league, you have your Batmans, Supermans and Aquamans. Ariza is the latter.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

dadakota avoiding this thead like the PLAGUE, lol! come in here and eat your CROW, BRO!

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And...

[​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J1rBZIzr49k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Tony Parker leads the league with 100.0% 3P percentage! Kyle Korver is 2nd with 3P percentage of 80.0%. Amazeballs!!!!

Klay Thompson is on pace to average 29.7 ppg for the season! Greg Monroe in Detroit is shattering all expectations averaging 34.99 PER this season! Wowzers!

Brandan Wright in Dallas is on pace to set the NBA's All-Time Record for Field Goal Percentage with 88.9% FG! OMG!!!

Do you know why people don't report these statistics? Because doing statistical analysis just 4 games into a season is COMPLETELY F***ING r****dED, that's why. It's a colossal waste of time.

1 person likes this.
  17. Classic

Classic Member

Beating the hell out of of the **** teams is what you're supposed to do if you're a really good team. I'll take this as a positive sign that this team, with more balance, experience and maturity is handling business the right way to start the season.

This isn't just about hot shooting, either. There is improved defense and rebounding to boot--thus the blowouts.

Hou last year lost that same Philly game. Dallas last night barely beats a Boston team they allow back in the game they were up 30. That's a bad sign and something the rockets did last year a lil too often.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Exactly! Run the table against weak teams and play slightly above 50% versus strong teams and what do you have? 60+ wins. That is what.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It was an option. The Rockets were trying to decide if they wanted to match or not after they had already locked up Ariza.

20. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

I will repeat this for your benefit, since you seem to be conveniently ignoring the one point I've been trying to hammer into your head. This entire thread is a total fail. For me to describe your thread as premature would be a ridiculous understatement.