1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/7/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

should win

still waiting for an explosive start that i know we are capable of

2. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I expect AT LEAST a 20+ pt blowout here. Lets go Rockets!

3. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Nash is still hella good and is at least as fast as Calderon. Done be surprised if he burns our young uns. And just FYI, Lin is better at stopping penetration, staying in front of his man, or avoiding jukes than Bev. Bev is better at fighting through screens and is more in your face. I don't give Bev the nod in defense over Lin. So I don't understand why we don't start Lin and stagger them as he's done before?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We don't have laker fans here. We have Kobe fans and since he's not playing they won't be there.

5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Anyone else surprised about how few assists we are having. I know we lose some because of our slower pace, but I thought we would get them back with easy lobs to Howard. I know, some will fault isos for that, but I don`t think that`s the case. So where have all our assists gone?

6. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

1. Dwight Howard doesn't like pick and roll. He likes it in the post where he'll mostly turn it over or get to the free throw line. He rarely passes out of the post. We're not getting an extra assists out of Dwight.
    2. Twin towers. No space to penetrate which means less assists.
    2. The top assist man from last year is playing mostly SG, and non playmakers like Brooks and Beverley playing PG.

7. torocan

torocan Member

When you drop a ball into the post and Dwight dribbles, you lose the assist.

When you pass a ball to Harden and he dribbles, you lose the assist.

Open jumpers, cuts and drop offs at the basket are where we get assists. With the emphasis on post play for 5-10 plays per game, those are potential assists that go out the window.

Lower assists are expected.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lower assists also because a lot of fouls to Howard (without and 1s)
    We also missed a lot of 3s

9. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Low assist rate is because -
    1) Howard wants to do post instead of P&R, he well in posting last game, but it is not accounted as assist if he got the ball for posting.
    2) Parsons' poor shooting, he missed many 3's, and chose to make other plays in other cases.
    3) not sure if it is the coach, or the players, decided to do on their own.

10. yummyhawtsauce

I wouldn't sleep on ANY team playing against us since we have a target on our back. It's always not good to play down to the 'perceived' competition's level. That's how bad teams beat teams with winning records. They underestimate their opponents.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Magic just beat the Clippers last night lol

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Yeah, you're right.

I just still have a bitter memory of that game a couple years back, the massive amount of cheers Kobe got when he checked into the game against us.

Then again, we ended up winning that game, stunning everyone, and sending a bunch of bandwagoners home :grin:

Let's go Rockets!

13. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

They are all gone with everyone except howard and asik playing PG and running the offense!

14. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Anyone have info on if Pat Bev starting?

15. Richie7

Richie7 Member

I believe steve Nash trains J.Lin.

16. quatin

quatin Member

Look at who gets the assists:

Howard- Likes to run post moves.

Harden - Is the team star and gets closesly guarded. Harden doesn't run around ala Ray Allen style to lose his man on screens. When he gets a pass, he wants to dribble into a step back for a 3 - point shot.

Parsons - Used to be a primary catch and shoot player, but is now trying to drive more.

Asik - lol

Last year, Parsons, Delfino, Greg Smith/Jones saw a lot of minutes. These guys primarily played off the ball.

17. yummyhawtsauce

Good point Torocan. Lin's minutes are lower this year - but however his stats within those minutes don't show how much improved Lin is this year.

Within his 30 minutes or so of play - Lin scores a 'decent' amount but his assists are lower. His lower assists is explained by Torocan - dumping the ball to DH. I remember all Lin did this one QTR was just drop it in the post for Dwight all game because he was doing well. Overall Lin is playing more controlled and picking his shots to shoot more efficiently.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

He looks like Derek Fisher and makes it a lot more sweeter!

19. muas2010

muas2010 Member

That loss to the Clippers was just a fluke. That team, outside of CP3, is just a bit of inconsistent to get anywhere. I think Houston will even it out this weekend.

20. cebunit

cebunit Member

Someone that is knowledgeable about the game explain this to me. Dwight is good defensively. But are his post moves that bad?

Also it seems as though the team is trying to adjust. Would it benefit this team for him to run PnR more often than him posting up? What I see is the other teams D collapsing on him but he stubbornly tries to force it instead of kicking it out.

Im glad we got Dwight but its not all about him. The team has to get going and ive seen small glimpses of this when its team first and not just one individual. That goes for all of them.