1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/7/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

It's been posted a couple of times already but they knew coming out of the time out that Lin and Bev would likely get screened so they were supposed to switch. Dwight should have been watching Nash and Blake the whole time and been prepared to cover whomever went free. That was the strategy from McHale's own words. Switch!

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I was still up at 3 am too and had to get up this morning at 6am to wake up.:)

3. SunsRocketsfan

ehhh i found it.. it's at 1:40 in the video below. Umm totally non-story.. Harden and Parsons went over to offer a hand.. lin was knealing and they knew he was okay. all ball players embellish it a bit.. although i do agree it looks like Jordan Farmar was more concerend about Lin than his team mates but I don't think the video shows anything..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZeHmNJy_ijU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

To me it looked like he took a shin to the crotch. I think Harden and Parson walked away to give him a minute to recover. Non-story factually, agreed. But how many CF threads are based on facts?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just watched the whole game. Here's what stuck out to me.

1st quarter

• Twin Towers was awful for us. Missed 8 straight shots at one point while they were in at this time. Jeezus.
    • Once Asik/Dwight got broken up, we actually didn't play that bad in the first quarter. Lakers just got really hot from 3 and got a few lucky bounces.

2nd quarter

• Less than good defensive rebounding when we had Dwight/Parsons as our big men.
    • Bad defensive rotations on multiple occasions.
    • Harden ball watching.
    • Parsons really ineffective on offense overall. Kaman posting up Parsons so Harden has to help. Lakers with good ball movement pass it around and find Meeks open for 3.
    • Some good ball movement by the Lakers

3rd quarter

• Asik/Dwight combo held steady. Didn't help us, but didn't hurt us too badly. But when we took out Asik we went on an 8-0 run.
    • That "Lakers called a play and Harden ignored it" thing happened.
    • Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. 5 through first 6 minutes in the 3rd quarter.
    • Farmar easily getting past Lin on 3 straight possessions leading to Lakers baskets.

4th quarter

• Turnovers
    • Bad defensive rebounding with Asik/Casspi as our big men.
    • Bad possession around 8:40. No one knew what we were doing, ended up in 24 second shot clock violation.
    • Blake drove right by Harden at around 6:20. Very bad D.
    • X-Men theme song played around 5:30.
    • Beverley fouls Nash's elbow with his face.
    • Parsons as a stretch 4 doesn't work when he can't/won't shoot 3s.
    • Dwert FTs
    • On the game winning shot, that was a great out of bounds play. Really looked to me like Dwight should have been the one to rotate, but in the end that was just a really well executed in bounds play. Hats off to D'Antoni.

Overall... Twin Towers is what hurt us the most this game. There was poor perimeter defense, occasional poor defensive rebounding, lucky/good shooting by LAL, unusual missed shots by Garcia/Casspi, but what hurt us the most was getting down by so much early... yet again.

Pls Moory delivr Pall Milzap!

#3865 Haymitch, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  6. timyeung

timyeung Member

Harden looked like Melo, especially in the fourth quarter. That's not a good thing.

7. figment

figment Member

Thanks for the vid link. I agree, it doesn't seem like anyone was ignoring him. The way it was described by some folk, Harden & Parsons skipped away after kicking him or something!

8. tmdzc

tmdzc Member

Why those urgely things always happened on Rockets?

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

You mean offensively? We need Parsons to shoot better from 3 tho.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

So the only comment you felt worthy to post about Lin is that his defense sucks and the only comment you have about Bev is that he played good defense but was treated unfairly by the refs... Really.

11. ed_tx

X-Men theme song was a cool change of pace and took me and my friends a minute to figure out what show it was from.

12. ed_tx

I said the exact same thing today and my buddy Corby (who is on Clutchfans too) thought that I was way off base. Harden has a lot of other talented players on the team. He doesn't have to do it all. We will be better when he helps others get involved more and makes his teammates better. Jordan learned that, Lebron learned that... hopefully Harden will too. Kobe and Melo still haven't learned that yet.

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Yes, Harden and Parsons offered hand. No biggie.

14. hat1

hat1 Member

It may get worse :(

15. snorkeljim

snorkeljim Member

It's a beautiful strategy actually, team hacks Howard, we lose in close game. GARM blamed Lin.

16. alethios

alethios Member

Actually it looks like Harden came back to him after he saw that Lin was still down. Again, non-story. But CF is where you will always find a tempest in a teapot.

17. dragician

dragician Member

pictures i took during the game

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]