1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 11/7/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 6, 2013.

1. thejav

thejav Member

Beverly back in the strating line up..lin to bench..

2. tada

tada Member

Hope Jlin and Howard shows D'Antoni, what he could have had.

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

His post game is inconsistent but he's so quick and athletic that he'll still go through stretches where he's unstoppable in the post even when doubled or tripled.

That said I'd use him primarily as the roll man with occasional post ups just to give different looks. If he's guarded by a smaller defender, I'd feed him in the post more often.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Who's starting at PG tonight?

5. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I hope Bev starts but I want to see more of how Lin fits in this 6th man role

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Howard seems ok on the post. He needs touches as a roll guy and then in the post as well.

I would feed Howard the rock tonight. Let him beat up on LA.

114-86 Houston.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

So hyped for the game.

8. rocketblood713

LA media was grilling him in the interview early today u can tell Howard was getting PISSED!

9. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

At this point in time, Dwight has "won" with his decision. I'm not sure that result is sitting so well with certain parts of the media in LA.

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It's been like 5 games, why is everyone still captivated by who's starting at PG? For this game it wouldn't even matter.

11. xAliceInChains

I just want to see them get off to a fast start tonight, its very important for morale, no slow starts especially against this LA team.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was just asking. I'm the curious type.

13. Drunk_Goat

Drunk_Goat Member

Randy Newman sucks, go Rockets!

14. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

If Lin plays as sixth man I hope actually plays like a sixth man. So far it seems like when the bench is out there Lin is deferring too much.

15. rocketblood713

Man if they come out with another slow start im a lose my damn mind!!

16. cebunit

cebunit Member

I hope they Hack a Howard and get him into a rhythm. Not only that it, but it will show the world what the "great" Lakers franchise has come down too. And if it's one thing they can't stand, it's humiliation. lol

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

so you want him to focus purely on scoring?

18. RRockets

RRockets Member

Blame Coach McHale who started all of these.

Coach McHale must have been pondering the question too: who is to start the point guard position tonight?

McHale: Pat started, and then he got injury ... now he is back and did very well last game, so he is the one to get the starting point guard position.

McHale: but wait, I said Pat fits well with the first unit, and to be honest, JLin fit well with the first unit too based on our 4-1 record, well, not really, mostly due to my coaching :grin: but I am going to give some credit to my players, after all, they are the ones who were on the court.

McHale: gosh, I lost my train of thought. What did I say? Oh, yeah, who is to start tonight? Pat? Lin? Head or tail? ...... No, no, that is for soccer.

McHale: then what should I say? JLin's defense not good, does not fit with the 1st unit? I cannot say that after we reached 4:1.

McHale: ... gosh, what I was thinking? didn't we say we wanted to see how JLin leads the second unit? Yes! I am going to stick with this.

19. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

It is not because he deferring. It is because Beverley has the ball.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Or you're just an idiot. Beverly was injured up until yesterday. He wasn't started because he wasn't 100%