1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

odd man out when tmac comes back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 7, 2009.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Okay Doc Rivers. ;)

2. deshen

deshen Member

You are worse than t_mac1 of last year. It is THIS YEAR, or last season, we got out of the first round.

3. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

We were bad even though we had the 22 games winning streak that year?

Didn't Tracy say, "it's on me" that year?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No no no, it is never Tracy's fault the MIB Tmac squad will tell you that, just look at his stats in the playoffs?

Never mind the truth.

DD

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i love how you bring that up DD. MIB TMAC squad. i actually love that.

you really want the truth? tell me an analyst/commentator who has covered his playoff series and JUST ONCE has claimed tracy played subpar? JUST ONCE.

no no no, it NEVER happened.

6. DaDakota

He didn't play subpar, he played like he always does.....which is not good enough to lead a team out of the first round.

DD

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Lol why bother the year will be over soon.

8. t_mac1

he has played in 6 playoff series as "the man." if i recall correctly, news outlets and guys who cover his series always claim he played "great" in 5 out of those 6 (the only exception was the 06-07 series v. utah).

again, he could have played "greatER." but that's up to people like you who decide how greater he could have played.

like joe johnson?
    like carmelo anthony?
    like gilbert arenas?

i mean, all those guys have played out of the first round. and i've NEVER heard anyone said they played "great" in the first round. carmelo only picked up steam in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.

i do agree with those he should have played BETTER THAN GREAT. then maybe he would have gotten out of the first round.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

1. We were bad in the playoffs not in terms of team performance. We won one game in Utah I remember. Overall injuries hit us and we could not cope with that. Utah has had our numbers in these two years.

2. Tracy said "Its on me" the year before. Under JVG.

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

These kind of topics really bother Tracy alot i'm willing to bet you and it's carried over emotions ever since which has negatively impacted his play besides the injuries.

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I can remember him in Orlando where he admitted of not trying when he quit on them and people still want this guy around lolz please. He will never lead his team past the first round as "The Man" then comes back to the media crying and saying "It's on me" as if he is trying to be the man.

12. lon_1023

lon_1023 Member

Absolutely chase is a great player and can earn enough time to play.
    But I really think a 70% or 80% Tmac >>>> Ariza. As we can see, Tmac once bring us 22 continuous wins with the team. that proves he can run and pass the ball.

Second, though Ariza has some stats now, his field % is not high at all. he just took too many shots to have 20pts or higher. Also, his dribbling skill is way too bad to rely on, and don't talk about the ability he can create chance for his teammates.

therefore, i think tmac and chase should have more time as this can make the Rockets the strongest. of course, battier as well.

for Ariza, he still has a lot to learn and work on. he has the potential. yet, i think he will has lots of minutes because he needs experience to be a leader.

13. t_mac1

trevor is still primarily a 3pt shooter. his 3pt shooting is a miserable 39.7% (and it's not like he's doubled). his 46% from 3s is saving him but like i said, he's one of the best spot up 3pt shooters in the L. he should benefit from having tracy giving him those kinds of shots.

when he has to create, he looks pretty awful.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I know what bothers him the most is putting his foot inside his mouth, because i know for a fact what bothers him the most is the not passing the first round really bothers him the most, then finally having that chance and gets injured. He lets these kind of things interfere with his mental approach towards the game and i know i'm not the only one who sees this either, but it bothers him and he is mentally not strong enough to accept defeat and move on and just play.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

We will see what happens, but as for me personally, i'm ready to move on there is no future with Tracy or with Tracy on this team. At best or worst it's a coin ATM that needs flipping and at best the oraganization will move on when that time come i believe. They are riding out the boat ATM and i highly doubt they take any more chances as Morey already claimed teams take chances and their chance has been with injuries.

16. DaDakota

The thing is how long will Tmac wait? It seems that he is ready, and believes he is ready, but if the Rockets are milking the insurance and letting him just sort of sit there and rot.

How long before TMac speaks out and says...play me !

DD

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did I miss it? When did we find that out? I haven't seen anything to make me believe he's ready. Going through the motions pre-game? A few videos? DD, you know that is far, far removed from being in game shape. Where did you get your info?

18. t_mac1

DD just wishes tracy would start some drama.

19. DaDakota

No info at all Deckard, it just seems that he looks like he is pretty close to being ready.....just conjecture....

If the Rockets keep winning, will they play him? Or will they start using the "No practices yet" excuse?

DD

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's what I thought. :p