1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

odd man out when tmac comes back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its between chase, ariza, and battier. I think of the three i like chase the best. He is the most efficient player on the team. He can shoot and dribble, and his d is ok. Healso does not force shots. I really hope he gets closer to 30min and the other two guys lose some.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Ariza and Battier are proven players. So, Chase would probably be the odd man out. Unfortunately. Or, maybe they could play Chase as PG.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

TMac is the odd man out, don't you see?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is why I think Tmac must go.....we need to take this year and develop Chase, not waste it on a guy who will probably sign elsewhere and is in the last year of a big contract.

Chase has to play, he is the future.....

This would be an interesting poll question.

Who must go?

Chase
    Shane
    Trevor
    Tmac

DD

#4 DaDakota, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Rick is a smart coach. If Chase plays like that all season long he will STAY in the rotation.

6. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Tracy is out. He won't do anything but mess up chemistry.

7. rocketsmetalspd

It will be a tough decision but it all depends on how TMac comes back, will he be able to play the style of play the Rockets are currently playing. Man it would be great if Yao could also play in March. I will not doubt that Yao will be making an effort to play this Season why else is he still on active/inactive roster.

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

TMac would look more like an odd man compared to those 3 you mentioned. If TMac does come back, Rockets will lose some games and ball movement will suddenly become an issue again, similar to the situation last year.

9. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

Agreed. Tracy is the odd man out.

10. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Tracy and shane at the 2
    Ariza and Bud at the 3

???

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Players don't all typically play 24 minutes a piece and divide them equally.
    Tracy might play 33.
    Ariza might play 24.
    Shane might play 18.
    C-Bud gets leftover minutes.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

If only we could trade T-Mac for Bosh... imagine a front court rotation of Bosh, Scola, Landry and Hayes this season with our retooled offense. Even next year with Yao back.../drool.

However, if we can't get another star player back I would rather keep him and see what we can do with him in the lineup or get during the offseason.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree.

a) We trade McGrady
    b) We trade Shane for a big guy once Tracy is back
    c) Shane will be comming off the bench playing less minutes

14. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Well I'm not saying divide up the minutes equally but perhaps for maybe shane and Ariza depending on the night.

Tracy would make up the majority of the minutes and Bud taking the rest.

Oh and picking up another PF like Bosh seems crazy to me since we are so stacked at that position

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

How do they trade T-Mac before he plays? It's unlikely. He's going to take minutes from somebody.

16. trugoy

trugoy Member

Tracy will take minutes from lowry, since the 2 PG option will prolly vanish, and maybe also Anderson, if we go small and play battier at the 4

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

They'll probably try some small ball stuff and play battier at the 4 at times or something.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What about Tracy at the PF?

DD

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LMAO..... Tmac is the one that has the best handles of them all. He can play at the SG. I don't mind playing him minor minutes. There won't be an odd man out this season I believe.

20. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I agree, I think Lowry will lose some minutes when Tmac comes back. Tmac wont be playing 33 minutes though. I expect him to come back slowly because Adelman will need to work him into the system and figure out how to integrate him without disrupting the chemistry. With how well they are playing together, I imagine Rick will expect Tmac to play in the flow of the game and share shots just as everybody else is.

One positive thing about Tmac being out there will be the lack of dribbling all over the court by Brooks. I like his speed and bringing the ball up quickly, but the less he has to dribble the less turnovers we will see.

Budinger will be used as the instant offense / energy off the bench, as he is now. Him and Lowry will probably lose some minutes, but if they can get Tmac to play 15-20 minutes, I think we would be doing well. The other question is...does Shane sit to start?

Adelman's integration of Tmac will show alot about who's in control of the team.

1 person likes this.