1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

odd man out when tmac comes back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 7, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey, I said if......just tossing it out there.....

Right now it is all good, but it is a contract year....and if the team is rolling they have no need to really put him on the floor....and that might cause problems for a guy with a burning desire to show he can still play to get a new contract.

DD

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt it is just about money or the size of the contract he's keying on. He's had a chip on his shoulder since the injury to prove himself that he's worthy to be mentioned among the MVPs and to be an All NBA team candidate.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm as ticked off with the guy as anyone, but if he's healthy, I want him on the court. If he's healthy and still here.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Speaking of taking on responsibility.

5. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

This is probably what Tracy would want more is to not say a word untill after the deadline just saying. He will get showcased for sure, but i doubt he comes forward with those remarks untill he is ready. Man what a wast of tallent this guy was. He falls in the catagory as Abdul-Raheem with the playoff tag. The way he plays is give me the ball i'm going to get mine and eventually you will get yours, well that is not how the team is currently playing right now.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

shareef abdur rahim?

the dude made the playoffs ONCE and put up 9 points and 4 boards. get what?

7. rockets2

rockets2 Member

McGrady will be coming off the bench for atleast the first 10 to 25 games of he's return. When/if he returns to the starting lineup, he wont play anymore then 30 minutes a game. the knee wont allow it.

8. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

hey this is my first post...

Tmac should get the start when he comes back and adelman being as good as coach as he is will figure out how to do integrate all the wings into the game.
    We shouldnt be hating on tracy so much until he comes back and either shows why we used to love him so much or shows why we love to hate him so much. Plus its a contract year and u know he loves the big bucks so he gonna be playing his tail off.

Plus u can make a bit of a comparison to the magic they are stacked at guard and that doesnt mean they have odd man out.

just my thoughts of the situation

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

NM i'm thinking of players who never been out of the first round, not players who never made it to playoffs. Is this correct thought he been there more then once. Who cares there has been many players that never made it to the playoffs or been past the first round through the history of the game, but you get it now and that is why i said he needs to brush it off and move on get it now? if not then nm!

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Tracy gets no respect lolz and deservingly so he has proven nothing that matters to have earned it. He will be coming off the bench for the first 10 games that is what i'm willing to place money on. I'm going to quit bashing him because this is not a Tracy bash thread, it's mainly about adjusting the rotation.

11. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Why would they not want to put a healthy T-Mac on the floor?

12. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

well said

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is Adelman's dilemma: We dont' need TMac's help on defense. On offense, well, we used to totally rely on him. Now our offense is clicking, with perfect chemistry. Since Adelman became our coach, this is the first time we are actually playing the "Adelman offense" efficiently. If TMac can fit right in and play along, then fine. If not, would the coach rather change back to the old offense for the sake of TMac's offensive talent or would he reduce TMac into a bench player?

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

DD It seems to me like you maid a whole little world of how you think of the guy when HE HASEN'T PLAYED A damn GAME YET!

How do you know his cons when he hasen't returned yet?

You keep saying that his style never works and blah blah but is it a fact that he will use it again? Maybe this time he will try to fit in and run and gun. (Oh wait! In your mind he cant run cause of past years huh :rolleyes: )

Wasen't he a big piece in the 22 win streak? Don't tell me if he wasen't in it the rockets would have still won those games...

The Rockets right now need a star player to compete...They will struggle playoff time without him. They need him to possibly close out games and make plays.

He isn't going to be out there for 48 minutes you know....Chase will still be there haha

Before making assumptions give him a chance and then we will see what will happen.

15. DaDakota

The Rockets need a star to compete? Yet they are 4-2 already and lost in OT to the world champs.

The Rockets could use a star, but one that plays within the confines of a team oriented game.

And who is to say that one of the current players won't become a star? AB, Landry, Scola, Chase, Trevor...etc..etc..etc...

It is amazing to me that people are ignoring 11 years of data in suggesting that Tracy even fits on this team.

He doesn't play hard on defense, he doesn't run the floor, he takes way too many shots for his efficiency. (and please don't say...that was ONLY last year - because it is his entire career, especially in Houston)

Do you guys realize that attitude permeates a team, this team works HARD out there, they play together, they cover each others mistakes and get out and run.

Tracy will negatively impact the hustle, and his skills are declining.

Why would you want to risk what this team has going for it as it grows for a fading, malcontented, former star player who is a volume shooter?

DD

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Still fighting, huh? Everyone that has read your posts know that you dont want tracy around because he sux and isn't conducive to winning, yet they have won more with him than without him. Again, we get what you're talking about and has been echoed many times, but i have something for you. We can do a sig bet and i will bet tracy will be a rocket longer than shane. The sig bet can be repsectful both ways, but i want to see how strongly you think managemnthinks of tracy. What u got?

17. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Yeah, he might be physically healthy, but not mentally strong enough to be a real star right now. Coming off the bench for the first 10-20 games, then possibly to star is a solution or trade him at that time :p :p

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only thing I consent with you is his efficiency sometimes. If you draw from these 11 years of data, I would say he defended pretty well in Toronto, and did run the floor in Orlando. He has to return to those days.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While he has declined, there is no doubt about it, he was still explosive going to the rim and having triple doubles two years ago before his surgery. I don't know why you are always referring to his 36 games last year when he was actually mad himself and did comment on the team whereas he has been a good teammate all the other games mostly. Give him some slack until he comes back. You are talking behind people's back. That's not a virtuous thing to do.

20. DaDakota

Typical TMac only fan thinking people are referencing last year only, when there is 11 years of data backing it up.

Whatever...not very virtuous of you.

;)

DD