1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Me like this trade very much!!! :D :D :D

2. Asian Sensation

1) We're not trading for a washed up J. O'neal.

2) J. O'neal and Artest played together at the primes of their careers and it didn't work then so what makes you think it's going to work now? There's also some history between the two and not the kind fairy tales are made of.

3) We're not trading for a washed up J. O'neal.

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

Oneal is washed up but still putting up solid numbers...14ppg 7rbs 2blks.. he also has a huge expiring contract ($21 MIL)

4. Asian Sensation

Scola puts up 11 and 8 and Landry follows that up nicely with 9 and 5 in limited playing time and high efficiency. Please tell me how trading our best playmaker/scorer for a washed up PF is going to help us win a championship? PF is actually one of our strengths if such thing exists. Everyone is down on Mac but trading him for J. Oneal is beyond dumb.

5. worzel gummidge

*For teams who trade for Wafer non-guaranteed contract before Jan10 and then waive him immediately he won't have any salary that counts towards the salary cap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=ap-nuggets-clipperstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I like that move too sounds too good to be true though, but makes sence in reality all though they might want a little more like a pick in which i would do too.

Not long ago after they landed Randolph i read an article from L.A that said they had no intentions in moving any big men, but looks like they will after all.

Davis+Artest back-court is some what a unique back court have strengths at the Guard spot for real like major post. There is not really a great back court in the game right now a starting duo unless you count Rose+Gordon.. Davis and Artest would over power other guards though would be the best back court in the game along with a team defense that is 2nd to none.

7. joesr

joesr Member

Is Tmac still the best playmaker?
    Does his liability on defense make up for his diminishing playmaking? Consideirng that the recieving end has to be in tuned with Tmac to score....

We basically play a 4 on 5 when Tmac is on the court.

I wouldnt do this trade straight up, but I did See Bargnani.

Just wondering what your side is on covering up for Tmac and defense because honestly play making means crap if you cant stop an opponent or at least try from scoring. Play making means crap if who ever recieves the ball doesnt make it.....and then worse when you cant stop them from scoring.

Oh so how many more games do you need to see before TMac is in the same 'washed up' stage and Oneal since Oneal is apparently contributing more?

8. Asian Sensation

You're missing my point. What problems does Jermaine O'neal or even Bargnani for that matter solve for us? We're already loaded at the four spot. Who's going to create looks for them? Who's going to run the pick and roll? Who's going to feed them in the post? We give Yao crap for being soft yet you want to sign Bargnani? HA! That guys softer than Hostess and I'm not talking about your mom serving me breakfast but the kind that makes twinkies.

I'm all for moving Mcgrady in the right deal (another disgruntled superstar/ true pg/ up and coming swingman +filler etc) but lets not jump the gun just because Toronto is shopping Joneal/Bargnani. Perhaps there's a reason why they're shopping them.

9. myronm

myronm Contributing Member

2010 Expiring contract in Oneal that is close to McGrady. (WASHED UP BIG is BETTER than a WASHED UP MEDIUM or SMALL)

Bargnani creates space for Yao and still gives size.

Losing Scola creates a need, who is at the four other than Landry?

I am gambling that Alston, Wafer, Artest, Battier, Brooks, Head, and Barry with more size (Yao, Oneal, Bargnani, Deke, Landry, Hayes) can play defense and still score without an injured McGrady.

10. joesr

joesr Member

No I am not missing your point. Playmaking. Something I havent seen since his decline this year. Do you know why? Because teams dont feel the urge to double him anymore. Do you realize his playmaking came from doubles? He finds the open man and combined with his good passing abilities he can get it done from his end. But now that he isnt being doubled his only good passing ability is the ability to get it to Yao and that alone is not good enough to make up for his loss of scoring, rebounding, DEFENDING, non offense movement, etc.

Actaully i havent heard anyhting about ONeal being shopped. Its Bargnani and Parker. I just agreed with ONeal being thrown in with Bargnani.

Oneal is hurt and misses games and so do is the same with TMac.

Your crying about Bargnani being soft, WTF IS TRACY. Your reasoning has no back up. All you can talk about are wet dreams with Hostess for whatever reason you have to bring someones mother into a simple debate is beyond me but what ever tickles your fancy....or maybe I should twinkies? You trade soft player for a soft and hard. But at least the soft and hard will contribute. And instead of looking at the individual them selves look at what they can do for the team.

Bargnani has a decent ability to hit 3's. If the other team recognizes this then this gives us 4 wing players at times and Yao in the paint. I hope you and someones mom can spell out what that means.

Oneal can block and rebound just as good as the other PF and C stars. Defensive wise there would be no excuse for scoring in the inside with Yao and Oneal manhandling.

With Oneal Yao can finally get deserved time resting (cause lord knows RA wont put Deke). Scola and Artest share the 6th man.

Whose gonna play the playmaker? Well not too much of a problem since Tmac hasnt been doing it lately. AB is young and can learn new tricks while Rafer cant. Give Ab some time. He is already one of our top penetrating players. Half the time able to create an assist. Only with more PT can he get better.

11. joesr

joesr Member

I honestly think Landry would make for a better trade item being the younger of the two PF's. I also would rather keep Scola then Landry.

And back to Asian Sensation, besides the player bse a move like this would be good for Les bring in another international player. (Italy? I think he is from Italy...)

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

ummmmm...Tracy is still consistantly double teamed.

13. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]

Bulls want to jettison some large contracts especially Larry Hughes.

Clippers only have two healthy guards on their roster at the moment. They are Mardy Collins and Eric Gordon. Ricky Davis hasn't played since November as he is injured and still is.

All three teams stay under LT.

14. drich

drich Member

some how add vince and kirk hinrich and we will be better than ok

15. echu888

echu888 Member

Saw posted by worzel gummidge (I think) in another thread... how about Michael Redd for McGrady... any possibilites on this happening?

Perhaps a nice compliment for Adelman and/or Yao style offensive scheme...

16. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'm glad you aren't the GM ...

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Redd + Ridnour for T-Mac + Alston works ...

18. joesr

joesr Member

are you seriously being serious
    The last time I saw him being doubled was a couple weeks ago
    consistently my butt
    Yao gets doubled TWICE as much as Tmac and he isnt CONSISTENTLY doubled
    when was the last time you watched a game....?

19. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Magette is good , But I am worried about his defense ,He is more agressive than stephen jax, but Stephen jax is a better team player ,who has solid defense

20. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Yao for Al Jefferson