1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Raven

Raven Member

If the Rockets trade T Mac before the deadline, I think we'll be shocked at how little we get in return.

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

It does make sence though either way. It's not about trying to make the playoffs this season for them anyways they would tank it and try to sign some veterans to push them into the playoffs and one way to do this is move Tracy.

The owner would be more concerned just trying to make the playoffs next season in a new city and with a young group that hardly happens look at Portland look at how young they are and this is their 1st trip probably. Trust me they could put something resonable together next season and make the playoffs even without Durant. With that huge list of free agents it's possible to even bring a championship to them in 2010.

Durant wont lead them to the promise land any time soon though.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Keep him and wait until he play's better, then trade him. He has no value right now, and we aren't in such a hurry. Eventually he will get his game back, and then, when everybody thinks it's okay and that he is back bla bla we trade him. Because we don't want him to start again.

Let him go to the All-Star Game, do a bit of show, take confidence and showcase himself so once every team is back on him, offering deals such as Billups+Sheed, we trade him.

Or we keep him until 2010.

No intelligent GM would trade Tracy now, because he knows that eventually, the guy is going to get back.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Battier is a very solid defender who has become a respectable shooter only after being surrounded by more offensive players. He does not have the value to bring in what you are suggesting provided if Hinrich gets healthy.

I expect the Bulls to retain Kirk at least for a while if he gets fit. He could spell Rose at the 1 and perhaps get a few minutes at the 2 when Hughes is chucking his shots. Thabo's role would be cut down,making him expendable.
    Battier is overrated on this board,Rafer is someone that nobody wants on their team. If I were the Bulls GM I would never throw in a 1st round pick.
    They can get a better deal from some other team.

5. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

Let's do some business with Grizzlies.
    Trade T-mac for Oj, Gay and Gasol;
    then trade Oj + Head for Bradon Roy
    Rox's lineup would be:

Rafer/AB, Roy/Barry/Vofar, Artest/Gay/Battier, Scola/Landry/Hayes, Yao/gasol/Motombo

Rox would be the champion of 2008-2009.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dump T-Mac and grab whatever you can. It's addition by subtraction.

7. Asian Sensation

Houston Trades:

Tracy McGrady and Rafer Alston

LA Clippers Trade:

Baron Davis and Marcus Camby

Depth Chart

Bdiddy/Brooks/Barry
    Artest/Head/Wafer
    Battier/Artest
    Scola/Landry/Hayes
    Yao/Camby/Deke

Ideal starting lineup would be:

B.diddy
    Artest
    Battier
    Camby
    Yao

Or we can go small and have a fastbreak/transition game just because we can. Also changes the tempo and gives the opposing defense different looks.

Diddy/Brooks/Artest/Battier/Landry

Let Brooks try and play the role of Monta Ellis from years past with Bdiddy running the point. Battier as lock down defender and spotting up in corner per usual. Use Artest in the opposite corner or let him post or take his man one on one. Landry and or Scola are pretty good at finishing in transition. With the proposed acquisitions we'd be incredibly flexible and complete.

Clippers lineup would be:

Alston/Jason Hart
    Mcgrady/Eric Gordon/Collins
    Thornton/Ricky Davis/ Novak
    Zach Randolph/Skinner
    Kaman/Paul Davis

This is a pretty good lineup for the Clippers and I'd say it's an improvement. We get rid of Tmac and Rafer Alston. Bdiddy is struggling, he doesn't seem to fit in and Clip fans don't seem to pleased with him. A change of scenery is desperately needed for both Mac and Diddy. We send Mac to a loser team where he belongs. Kaman's happy since he'll have his minutes back with Camby gone.

Clippers are going nowhere fast with Baron Davis right now. He's kind of holding them hostage right now as well if you really think about it. No fire/ No passion/coming off injury/not excited and or cheering for teammates/can't be seen on bench. Sounds familiar huh? Both Mcgrady and Baron's trade values are really low right now. More-so for Mcgrady I know that. However, Tracy's contract comes off the books in 2010 compared to Baron who recently signed a 5 year deal. Mcgrady will give the fans in LA something to get excited about temporarily but more importantly it gives them a bid for 2010 while we go about our business of trying to win the championship like we were originally supposed to. We cannot have Tracy dragging ass and holding us back. Each day and game things are only getting worse. Our window of opportunity is this year and next year. Yao/Artest/Shane are not getting any younger or better for that matter. If Baron Davis was excited to have an opportunity to play alongside Elton Brand before he bolted then he should be ecstatic to play with Yao and Artest and likewise from Yao/Artest. I really think this is a win-win situation for everyone. Make it happen!

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I'm all for that Clipper trade..BDiddy-tMac swap is equal to the Iverson-Billups swap...sign me up! maybe we can extract a draft pick since BDiddy has a longer contract..

9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Man,you proposed a good trade,nice work ;) I hope Daryl Morey would check this bbs out and read this post,considering yo' proposal.

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I agree that is a good trade good work.

I think shipping him to the Thunder makes sence if we have plans in 2010 for Bosh.

Waive Mason and
    Smith (sign in Boston)
    Westbrook, Green, Wilcox (expiring&size)

OUT:
    Grady, Alston, Head

Westbrook reminds me of a smarter Francis on the court very intelligent player and Green has Pippen potential.

If they want to add a pick too that would top the cake for me would be a blessing.

11. joesr

joesr Member

wsup with all the day dreaming trades....
    wish peeps would read the beginning to see that only realistic trades go here otherwise we would have a fantasy league starting here...

12. worzel gummidge

Non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed on January 9th after 5pm.

Von Wafer may or may not be a valuable trade asset from now until then depending on how his contract is structured.

IMO Rockets are likely to keep Wafer on because of the status of McGrady, Artest, and Battier in the next several days. However if they're looking at getting back a pick/s options look to be there.

<table><tr><td>Toronto Raptors
    Over LT by $317,775

No 2009 2nd round pick
    Hold 2010 2nd round pick

Nathan Jawai $442,114
    2yr guaranteed,

Jake Voskhul $577,073
    Non-guaranteed

Hassan Adams $711,517
    Non-guaranteed
    </td><td>Detroit Pistons
    Over Lt by $1,955,272

Hold three 2009 2nd round picks

Alex Acker $711,517
    Expiring

Will Bynum $711,517
    Expiring

Walter Herrmann $2,000,000
    Expiring
    </td><td>Denver Nuggets
    Over LT by $526,856

No 2009 2nd round pick
    Hold 2010 2nd round pick

Cheikh Samb $711,517
    Expiring, 7-1 project C

Sonny Weems $442,114
    2yr guaranteed
    </td></tr></table>

Rockets are around $484,926 under LT including Deke's salary.

Raptors: could easily just waive either Voskhul or Adam's non-guaranteed contracts but they have a deep frontcourt and might want to jettison Jawai's contract because of his enlarged heart condition. He's recently been cleared to play by doctors.

Pistons: a combination of Head + Wafer for Herrmann + Acker/Bynum won't get them under LT but it gets them closer to that goal. They have time to work another deal before the trade deadline or possibly work a 3 team deal that involves the Rockets. Head being a shooter might make him easier to move than Herrmann. In this scenario Rockets can afford to re-sign Wafer after he is waived by Detroit.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So fast it would make your head spin.

DD

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'm so DIZZY for that trade!

15. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

alright i finally came up with this trade hopefully Seattle accepts it:

Lauren Jackson and Sue Bird for Tracy McGrady and a 2010 secound round pick

why?????

storm would do it because they would get size and with the smaller ball(used by the WNBA) all of Tmac's jumpers he takes could fall at a higher %

Rockets would do it just to do it u get 2 girls for 1 and at least they will be able to run faster than Tracy and probably shoot better than her too.

THE WNBA WHERE TRACY GOT NEXT

16. Egghead

Egghead Member

Rockets and Bulls Trade

Since Hinrich is available how about....

T-mac, Alston, Landry + picks for Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni

Do you think the Bulls would accept this trade?

17. myronm

myronm Contributing Member

TMAC/SCOLA/HAYES

for

Bargnani/J. Oneal

18. joesr

joesr Member

I mentioned this before so ofcourse I will like it.

I like Bargnani. Adding another 3 point shot maker leaves Yao alone for sure in the paint getting the easier 2 or with a double a hopeful 3.

ONeal is constantly hurt just like Tmac.

But you have to have a filler, salaries dont match.

I do know they have Parker on the trading block as well....

19. joesr

joesr Member

nm didnt see the scola and hayes
    damn i know you have to trade something good to get something good but I'd rather give up Landry then Scola....

Tmac Landry and Battier
    for
    ONeal Bargnani and Carter

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

this works....
    Mac+ Head + Landry + Hayes for Jermaine + Bargnani + Hassan Adams