1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Magette is also the player needs balls in hands for a long time to attack.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But he moves without the ball and can be a finisher..where the ball ends up...

DD

3. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

But the coach wants the ball move fast in everyone's hands .every one could be the finisher in our systerm. we need more easy baskets.

4. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Kelenna-Azubuike can be also our option. I like this guy.

5. got red

got red Member

at this point I'd say mcgrady for 3 rollls of shamwow.

6. drich

drich Member

just read this opinion from a sports writer

The Houston Rockets: For all of the anticipation about Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, and Ron Artest all playing together, the future is not so bright for this trio. As anticipated, injury issues have kept them apart for much of the season, and the injury to Shane Battier has been the biggest loss of the season to date. With McGrady limping around like he's playing in the old All-Star Legends game, the Rockets need an infusion, and should get the Chicago Bulls on the phone right away. Kirk Hinrich is almost ready to go, and he's going to go right out of Chicago before the deadline. Why not Houston?

7. DaDakota

Insert JVG grumble here.........

DD

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

and a slap chop

then we can slap our troubles away

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Kelenna wasn't strictly a JVG move. He could play defense and shoot. Kelenna was mostly a numbers game imho.

10. DaDakota

#1170 DaDakota, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  11. i3artow i3aller

Yo DD, do you or anyone else here ever chat on aim about the rockets? Most of my friends are die hard Celtics fans so it's tough to get any good free flowing Rockets talk going. Celtics fans, or at least the ones I know, hate every Rocket besides Brooks. THey absolutely love AB. Who doesn't though.

Let me know either way,

12. Hayesfan

We kept Lucas and Padgett because they had guaranteed money I believe. Later we traded Scott for Jake Tsakawhatever in order to get under the cap if I recall correctly.

Trust me, no one was more upset when Buike had to leave than me.

Edit: wait.. wasn't Mike Harris in there somewhere?

#1172 Hayesfan, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  13. DaDakota

Not that year and we only had 14 people on the team....aren't there 15 roster spots?

DD

14. Hayesfan

aw crap I don't remember... I know there was a reason he was cut though, because I expected it.

15. DaDakota

I thought they cut 2 for some reason at the end of training camp, and I thought that they should have kept Kelena...

DD

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think this was the roster to open the season:

1. R Alston
    2. D Anderson
    3. J Barry
    4. L Baxter
    5. R Bowen
    6. L Head
    7. J Howard
    8. J Lucas
    9. T McGrady
    10. Y Ming
    11. D Mutombo
    12. M Norris
    13. S Swift
    14. B Sura
    15. D Wesley

Sura never played that year. Maybe we should blame him for not retiring sooner.

17. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

Ok were gonna have to settle that tmac is gone he is technically here but the tmac of the past is gone, so here is my trade idea

Tmac
    Head
    Hayes
    Scola

to new york for

Marbury
    Curry
    David Lee

The benefits for us is marbury comes off the books next year and we get a third point guard which we need, we get david lee who is a beast 14 points 11 rebounds, and we get curry who isnt a bad back up center and he comes off in two years.

Now the hard part would be convincing new york, they would get some value for lee in scola cause lee is gonna be gone from there next year, they get a lil bit of value for marbury in tmac, and they good back up players in head and hayes who all come off the book in 2010

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I don't want to break the chemistry of the team to much. Scola has been our only consistent player, and Hayes has lock down D.

I would rather just have a Tmac for Someone trade.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

because he's a mediocre player who's way overpaid. I'd rather get Ben Gordon, frankly, even though he is undersized and jacks shots at times...he's a true scorer nonetheless.

To me, the trade with the Bucks just makes too much sense:

TMac, Rafer
    for
    Redd, Gadzuric, Ridnour

this does hurt your 2010 cap availability, but either we're trying to win now, or we're waiting for 2010. I think Yao should still be good then, but he will be older, obviously, and there is no guarantee any major FA will want to sign with us anyway.

TMac > Redd when healthy, and has 1 less year on his contract (Redd will almost certainly exercise his player option in 10/11), but is he healthy and committed?
    Ridnour = Alston, but gets paid more
    Gadzuric = horrible. somehow he gets 13 minutes a game. don't ask me how.

the draw for milwaukee is both salary cap flexibility and TMac potential. they are currently 8th seed in the east, but they aren't going anywhere, really. TMac can keep them at that level, and then instead of $55 million of potential salary in 2010/11 offseason, they'd only have $29.9...way under the cap and maybe they can then entice some name FA to come play with Bogut and Jefferson.

Redd can jack shots at times, but he would fit great in an "Adelman" offense, he is actually a 2 guard (which the team seemingly has none of right now), and he shoots his 3's at a solid clip. Ridnour is overpaid, but is certainly as capable as Rafer, and seems like he can manage a game as well - plus, it appears Brooks does up his game as a starter. Have to take the junk that is Gadzuric, but take it.

PG: Ridnour, Brooks (don't care which one starts)
    SG: Redd, Von Wafer, Luther
    SF: Battier, Artest
    PF: Scola, Landry
    C: Yao, Gadzuric, Deke

I think it's a no brainer at this point.
    the big draw for milwaukee

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Was playing around on 2K9 and thought of this one:

T-Mac/Scola to Miami for Marion/Beasley

LOL - Mind you, i'm just screwing around. Miami probably wouldn't do that even though it fits their "rebuilding: but try to win now" philosophy.

I'm just having some fun with the "TRADE T-MAC!!!" hysteria that's consumed this board. This would make for some fun units. Battier, Artest and Marion all on the same team = three guys that can defend from the 2-4. That gives you a ton of flexibility with whichever units you want to roll with. Then, there's whatever Beasley gives you.