1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

oh and i dont think phx would do that trade since they just got jrich. theyd probably let go of nash for another up and coming PG like westbrook or someone

2. Asian Sensation

I find it funny well more mad and sad actually that we are already having to look towards 2010. It was supposed to be our year when Tracy McGrady got here. And it was supposed to be our year for the last 3 years. For sure without a doubt it's supposed to be our year this year. Now it looks like the wheels are coming off and all is lost. Why? Tmac. If Tmac wasn't being so worthless we wouldn't even be having these discussions. We are supposed to be one of the top 3 teams and on a quest to a championship NOT talking about who we're gonna sign and what were gonna do in 2010. Those are for bottom feeders/perennial losers/ lottery dwellers. Not a team with 3 supposed superstars. A HOF coach. A great group of capable role players. FOCUS! Eyes on the prize.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Im refering to intensity, obviously not a post playoff trade.

Gordon wants money that Chicago is not willing to give. They will lose him at the end of year regardless, they may want to get something in return. Like I said, these are trades from teams going no where and this might be open to trade.

Im a little burnt out on injury prone players, aren't you?

GW would be great, but salary matching would become an issue and we would still have Rafer. Was targeting teams that could fill two of our holes.

Nash can hit his FTs, hit open shots and can create for others, dont think he needs uptempo to be effective.

I need Battier on this team. I think he is vastly underated. Plus my point is to move McGrady.

4. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Can someone tell me what idiot team would want Tracy McBaby (as he is right now) anyways?

5. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

trade that woman for nothing ASAP!

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

How about this:

Houston Trades:
    - Tracy McGrady
    - Luther Head (If they want us to take their scraps, they have to take ours)

Charlotte Trades:

- Gerald Wallace
    - Raymond Felton (Expiring Contract)
    - Adam Morrison (Qualifiying Option after 2010, technically expiring)

All 3 of those players are heavily being shopped by Charlotte with no takers. I think Felton is an upgrade of Alston. Wallace is a player that I have thought would be excellent for this team for a long time. He plays all out on both ends of the floor every game and is rated one of the most underrated defenders in the league. Morrison has not met Charlotte's expectations and they are having a hard time finding any takers for him.

New Team:

P.G. - Raymond Felton_____ Aaron Brooks__________Rafer Alston
    S.G. - Ron Artest__________Brent Barry___________ Von Wafer
    S.F. - Gerald Wallace_______Shane Battier_________Adam Morrison
    P.F. - Luis Scola___________Carl Landry___________Chuck Hayes
    ..C. - Yao Ming____________Dikembe Mutombo_____ Joey Dorsey

Now that's a complete team!!

7. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/stats/

Just gotta love the 39% shooting from the field and the 29% from the 3pt line (Felton that is). :rolleyes:

8. Raven

Raven Member

Only three scenarios I can think of. One, that Tracy's contract expires before the 2010 free agent bonanza or two, the hope that Tracy is dogging it in order to be traded or three, the hope that Tracy will be inspired to elevate his game in order to make the Rockets look bad for dealing him.

Notice that two of those theories involve the word hope. That's always been a word that's followed Tracy around. Unlike the word results, which Tracy couldn't find if it was in his back pocket.

9. worzel gummidge

Is it time to trade Shane Battier?

Battier's only played 16 games so far this season hasn't been 100% and is currently out for a 6 game stretch. He's not expected to be fully healthy after these 6 games either. He's just managing the pain for the rest of the season.

The 1-11 pairing has 1.5 seasons to go until 2010 free agency. Artest days as a Rocket may only last for half a season more.

Bulls are desperate for any kind of defense right now and it might not be a short term problem.

Battier (3yrs) + Alston (2yrs) + Wafer (Non-Guaranteed) for Hinrich (4yrs) + Thabo (2yrs) + + 2009 1st round pick
    <table><tr><td><b>Hinrich</b>, Brooks, Head
    Thabo, Barry
    McGrady, Artest
    Scola, Landry, Dorsey
    Yao, Deke, Hayes</td></tr></table>
    Bulls need to waive Wafer's non-guaranteed contract to stay under LT. Rockets need to trade Wafer to stay under LT in this deal. However by trading Wafer the Rockets also create salary space to be able to afford re-signing Wafer.
    <table><tr><td><b>Hinrich</b>, Brooks, Head
    Thabo, Barry, Wafer (re-signed)
    McGrady, Artest
    Scola, Landry, Dorsey
    Yao, Deke, Hayes</td></tr></table>

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets should have all options on the table except for moving Yao. I like the idea of moving Battier for Miller. I am hesitant about moving McGrady right now since his value is low and we could easily net a bigger package next year, or just use his contract slot to pick up a value player in 2010. They should also be open minded about moving Artest, since he may very well not resign here next year and doesn't really fit in with the offense. I still think the team can turn it around if McGrady can rededicate himself. It's not looking good right now.

11. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I don't know hope what i read was true though.

Thunder put a deal out on the table and management was having more then just talks is it natural for a GM to talk to players if there was something going on other then not performing well because of recovering from surgery?

Durant, Watson, Smith(waived), Mason(waived)

For McGrady?

I got to thinking they did something like this before with Toronto when Olajuwon was moved and they drafted Yao next season.

Then i got to reading more articles and Watson said trade chances are very high the writing is pretty much on the wall once he lost his starting job to Westbrook.

Why would Thunder do this?

Look they will have a potential number 1 pick again and a bizzaro amount of cap space for 2009 and 2010.

This Thunder team will be a force within a couple seasons even without Durant.

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Duelly noted. : ) but that's an awfully large amount of money your paying for a year and half. I guess in the NBA , sallaries have to mach within a certian % so I concede to your point.

13. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

OK..Honestly...I just wanted to use the moniker "McBaby", hence the post. :p

14. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I dont think now is good to trade, instead we need to trade tmac and alston. Give him some more time. He will pay back rox

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Durant for McGrady.....in my dreams.

DD

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

I am not as worried about Felton's numbers as much as I am about getting rid of McGrady.

Take a look at the financial impact of this trade.....Approved on Trade Checker

Players_______2008/2009__________2009/2010____________2010/2011

McGrady________$21,126,874_________$23,239,561
    Head____________$1,962,378_____(Q.O.)$2,868,996
    TOTAL_________ $23,089,252_______$23,239,561

Wallace_________$8,287,500__________$9,075,000____________$9,862,500
    Morrison________ $4,159,200__________$5,257,228______(Q.O.) $6,897,484
    Felton__________$4,148,715______(Q.O)$5,501,196
    TOTAL ________$16,595,415 ________$14,332,228 _________$9,862,484

- Immediately, the Rockets save $6,493,387!!!
    - After this season, the Rockets save an additional $2,186,337
    - After next season, the Rockets may not have McGrady's $23,239,561 but they do have $13,377,061 with which to sign a big name free agent. That is near Max Dollars if not Max Dollars.
    -They still have an excellent player on the team in Wallace to go along with the foundation of Yao and Battier.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Well that is what i read in a ESPN comment box under the power rankings posted a few days back after Washington game.

So i got to looking at more articles.

They have no intentions in buying out Smith which just so happens to be a guy Boston is after. So if he was in a package Rockets would just waive him anyways.

Durant for McGrady i know sounds strange why would they move a tremendous upside for a broken down veteran?

Lets face it Artest could be gone anyways manegement knows this much and they feel this was there real title run and if they have to blow things up while keeping plans for 2010 and if it's about his knee this to me sounds like something both teams would do even if Thunder has other plans like in 2009 and 2010.

They can't make the playoffs right now.

Think about it it gives his knee a rest for a season. And they get a #1 pick already with Westbrook and Green and a rested veteran McGrady and a big 2009-2010 splash they could make the playoffs still.

18. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Anyone who says that we can get Durant for Tracy is r****ded.

You cant get Durant without giving LeBron or Derrick Rose or somethin'. If I'm a officer in Thunders, I wont give Durant for Kobe.

Durant is so young, so talented and so clutch.

Stop bs's like saying '' hohoho they cant make play-off 's right now, so they have to give the most talented youngster away and then they should start to rebuild again''

They have enough caproom for 2k10.

I cant believe anyone can even think a scenario like that. Dude I'm sorry but you should be banned.

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I want thought from what i read some where else bird brain not insults !!

Durant, Watson, Smith (waived signes in Boston), Mason (waived).

McGrady out to rest a season because of his knee. Thunder have Westbrook #4 pick this season and Green with a bizzaro amount of cap space to have a free agent splash in 2009 and 2010. They could sign Joe Johnson in 09 and Dirk in 2010 they would be tough to beat in 09 and 2010. I don't think the owner is concerned about trying to build a dynasty ATM as much as in bringing a Championship to Oklahoma is more important when moving to a new city and it takes veterans. This to me sounds like what the plan is for the Thunder. It's about putting fans in the seats and ticket sales. They would have a big 3 Dirk (from Dallas), Tracy and Johnson that would be a force not to mention another #1 pick this year in 09 damn. This is why they move Durant to Houston.

Ginobilli, Johnson, Bibby?, Amare, Bosh, Wade, LeBron, Dirk, McGrady, all these guys are free agents within the next 2 years.

As for Rockets this is there chance to move McGrady because they won't get no equal talent in return maybe not, but think again.

As of right now Thunder is lottery bound with only 4 wins they would go from bottom feeder to playoffs i think is the owners real intentions.

20. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

If they want something like you talk -being contenders immediatly - they would try to move green&westbrook before Durant.

They can get more than T-Mac with this duo. For example I would give t-mac for westbrook&jeff green in a heartbeat. Then -continue on your theory- sign Joe Johnson and Dirk.

Ta ta! a lineup with Joe-Tracy-Durant and dirk.

I dont know if any caproom can get over with this ultra lux 4 superstars, but it's not very different then your theory. Cause you know they have to raise westbrook and green's salary anyways..