1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: some teammates don't have the passion which I expect [translation]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazy_script, Dec 2, 2007.

1. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

Titan sport make this interview after the game with Kings .
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2007-12-03/10383334506.shtml

Titan:CCTV was living broadcast this game , all China fans saw you got ejected. Since this is the first time you were ejected in a game , what does this mean to you ?

Yao: Another step in my career . I never imaged before that I can be so anger to a ref in the game . Again ,I did something I never did .

Titan: What is the price of this rejection ?
    Yao: Over 10,000 usd , maybe . I'm not sure because this is my first time . People told me the refs have the permission to kick me out of the game in any time ,but there will be no continued punishment .

Titan: Fortunately , you didn't take a cup of Gatorade at that time when you decide to throw something .
    Yao: Yes , me too . God knows how much money I should pay for that .

Titan: Did you watch the video tape after game . What you think about your 6th foul ?
    Yao: Yes I did watch the tape and I have to admit that can be understand as a foul .But my exploding is not caused by that foul . Do you remember the 5th and the 3rd ? I tell you I didn't even move .I hate those things happened in almost every game recently .

Titan: I remember you said you respect Shaq because as a big guy like you, he won 4 championships ,and he met the same problems(ref problems) with you .
    Will you comfort you with those words tonight .
    Yao: No , I'm not going to think about this tonight .If this is the NBA rules , if this is the way ref works . Then why NBA allows the big guys to attend the draft? Why they let us play the NBA games ? Why ?

Titan: If the team was lead the game , will you still be so upset when you was rejected ?
    Yao: That's the point . I can feel some of us was like taking a holiday when they played on the ground .They played with no spirit , no heart .I can't see any willing they want to win the game . I was tormented before the ref give me the last shoot . I know what I can do , I know my ability . I can assure you I did try my best in every game . I communicate with the others before games and after games .But some people don't have the passion I expect . That's it .

2. mms

mms Member

This doesnt smell right.

3. Seth

Seth Member

If this is true i think it is a good start of someone proclaming a way to go, good or not this is one superstar wanting to lead the way.

4. mms

mms Member

Who is/are the/those guy(s)? Banzi? Rafer? Shane? Chuck? Hope it's not TMAC.

5. choujie

choujie Member

Guys like Wells and James just let their men pass by without sweating, resulting tons of lay ups. That got Yao a couple extra fouls. Too bad Chuck was in foul trouble the whole game.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's talking about those two guys. Mike James especially -- he was so lazy on defense it was infuriating. He would just commit cheap fouls and then give that nonchalant smile as if he didn't care what happened in the game. When he wasn't fouling, he was just playing matador defense and funneling perimeter players right to the basket where they could draw fouls on Yao.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LOL, I guess Yao expects everyone to play with the same heart and passion as Stevie Franchise. You can tell he missed them. :D

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This time is just a warning! Next time, Yao will call their names out!

Coach needs to bench some lazy players!

9. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

TITAN:I remember you said many times before that you respect Shaq a lot, because big guys have always been being the referees' whistles' target in the league, but he managed to live through it, and brought 4 championships to his teams. Would you use thoes words to encourage yourself today?

Yao:Today I don't want to say that stuff to myself. If this really is the unwritten rule in the NBA, if this really is those refs' habit of when and where to blow their whistle, why should the league allow 7 inch players to be in the draft? why should they allow players more than 7'1 to even be in the game? I don't know in how long I am going to figure that out, but right now I for a fact have no clue.

TITAN:Suppose Rox were leading and having a good perfomance at the time you were ejected, would you be of the same degree of anger?

Yao:That's the point. Actually the reason that I almost got out of control (emotionally) if not just for the refs, but also for the performance of our team. I felt like we as a team acted like we were on a holiday vocation, some of us had no passion playing on the court, but like only daydreaming. I didn't see any sign of they were determined to win this game. Before the refs called my last 2 fouls, I already had fury full of my chest. I know what I can do, If you expect me to lead a team by myself, for now I am not capable of that. But I can swear that I give my 100% on every single game. I talk to lot of players before every game's start, to communicate how we should get ready, but some of them just don't have the heart anb passion I expect.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I had thought Mike James was a good one on one defender at one time, mainly based on reputation from his Detroit days.

But man, his defense was just painful against Sacramento.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao is calling out his teamates.....it is about time.

DD

12. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

they don't have enough touch and playing time , of course they don't have passion.

try to understand, yao, those player, mj, SF, BW... are all capable to be the starter on other teams, than they are almost same, they need to ball in their hand. they are not the stand , catch then shot players. ROX have you and TMC who almost control 80% possesions, so once they come out with cool hand, which normal would be they will never allow to shot more. at least you and tmc werem't allowed/

as a say before the season, we bring too much same type player who need to share playing time, it doesn't make any sense. where is 3point shooter?
    where is pass first PG, only scola is what we need but still developing which rox boss and fans don't have enough time to wait.

to look at the rox rotation past five years, only 2004 is close to right one,
    barry type player is what we need most, sura wasn't the pass first player but he cover the weakness we had on rebounding.

now we definely need a trade,

get rid of rafer, wells for a good PG or a 3point expert

then start scola , Put MJ on six man, sorry about SF, but i think you don't have much left although i love u to be the man.

by the way, why don't we try brook, he is player who can shot the 3

13. YugoRocketsFan

So whats new?

14. pli777

pli777 Member

He probably is, but too bad he doesn't want to play defence.

15. spysta

spysta Member

Yao is obviously talking about shane battier. He wants shane out as much as I do.

16. mms

mms Member

What do you mean they dont have enuf playing time? Not having enuf touch results in lacking of passion? What's your logic?

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

The translation is horrible.

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

yao should give their names to Morey and trade those lazy arses to the Knicks. Hey, maybe Isiah will trade David Lee for Chuck Hayes.

19. JustWannaChill

You do it next time.

20. choujie

choujie Member

I like JVG's approach: If you don't play hard, you don't get minutes.