1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: some teammates don't have the passion which I expect [translation]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazy_script, Dec 2, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

You've got to be kidding me. :rolleyes:

If I remembered correctly, all his team mates, including TMAC were still practicing their jumpers and warming up all the way up till 1H.

And if not Big Yao hitting 7/8 FG% 2/2 FT% in 1Q, the Rockets would have already be falling behind by 15 to 20 points.

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You wrong! Yao must let his teammates be involved early, and this is what superstars do! He must trust his teammates more. Even kobe cannot win games by himself!

BTW, thanks for highlighting my grammer mistake! ;)

3. pryuen

Yeah....that probably explained WHY usually TMAC only scored 2 to 3 points in 1Q or even by half time, before he warmed up and then started to shoot the lights out and managed 30 to 40 points a game, but to end up losing the game !! :rolleyes: (meant for sarcasm !!)

No, players should play with zeal, passion, energy and efforts from start to end......and that is what they are paid for.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Yao and Tmac both sould do a better job to let role players more involved!

Honestly, I am suprised by Yao this season. I remember a big reason why fans loved Yao before is that he worked very hard and never compained anything. But this season, Yao is complaining everything: refs, coach, teammates. What is next, hotel or food? What's going on? Is there too much pressure on him because he never passed the 1st round and Yi is competing for chinese fans' attention?

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

:eek: if you remember, many fans thought not complaining was a flaw, especially when you see how badly yao is treated. role players involvement? don't blame it in our superstars... if mike james, battier, bonzi, rafer all made their shots, their assists average would have gone up by 8. role players are supose to do what role players do. and they haven't been doing squat. you can't blame stars for them not making wide open shots.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

complaning teammates, coach? Fans want that?! :eek:

I think if a superstar complains role players, it means he put himself on the same level with them! I always believe Yao is better than that! :rolleyes:

7. gout100

gout100 Member

Did you guy watch the same 1st Quater as I? A lot of Yao's attempts came from his offense rebound. So what do you want? Pass the ball out when Yao was right under the basket? Then other threads like 'Yao should be dominant and don't pass the fxxx ball out' would begin here.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Making plays for role players! Don't think the existence of those players is always for making plays for superstars. Superstars sometimes also need to make plays for role players! If a superstar doesn't have that ability, it means he cannot be called superstar! In fact, because of that, role players won't always give the ball to him since they couldn't trust him.

Yao is my favor player. But, I believe he is not perfect yet. He can improve himself to a higher level.

9. matthewzhang

matthewzhang Member

Oh, man, can u speak Chinese well? can u translate this sentence?
    拜这个样小哥好不好?你比养什么东西?

10. bloop

bloop Member

did you watch the game? yao is never going to take 30 FGA/game like kobe to the effect of shutting out his teammates. yao score so much in the first quarter on efficiency, basically because he was making every shot, and going to get the offensive boards.

you're looking at it assbackwards. adelman did give the roleplayers a chance to get their shots in late 1st quarter/2nd quarter when he rested yao on the bench. what happened? the asshats looked at the lead as a cushion, started jacking up shots and stopped looking for yao at all.

about 1/2 way into the 2nd quarter I knew Yao was done... mike james & co weren't even looking inside before jacking shots. no matter what the defense is doing (and they did start to collapse and front yao later in the game) no matter what else is going on or who else is hot... how in the world can you stop looking for yao in the middle when he's eating them up like that earlier in the game

our roleplayers are pretty much all set up 3 point shooters... it's not like we have a young post player we need to set up all game or even guys who drive to the basket. we have 3 point shooters who knock down 3s and one mike james who basically is playing by himself on the court and can create his own shots at any time. what are you talking about "yao getting players involved."??? you have it backwards dude

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Of course, I watch the game! Yao needs to make his teammates better when he is on the court, not on the bench. I don't think you are a true Yao's fan. Otherwise, you should hope he can improve himself to a new level, a ture superstar level! And for that, the key is that he can make his teammates better! :)

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

The Nets are bringing Vince Carter off the bench. I wonder what would happen if we let T-Mac come off the bench much like Ginobili? The reason the Nets doing this was because the coach said the players were standing around and not getting involved. Same as us.

Before the game, Frank explained the decision to bring Carter off the bench. "It's not a demotion," Frank said. "We won three games with him coming off the bench. We've been lacking points off the bench. Coming off the bench, he can be a little fresher, be more of a hub and a focal point and carry more of an offensive burden. It's a game-by-game deal." ... The Nets were the fresher team, having not played since a 110-103 home loss to Memphis on Tuesday. The 76ers played three times since Tuesday, including an 85-84 win over Washington at home on Friday night.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007120117

13. pryuen

It's easy said than done given his team mates played with low energy, effort and passion, and could not even make their shots, and worst, not willing to pass him the ball.

How can he make his team mates better if he was not even given the ball? :rolleyes:

And you know something in basketball? Milk the hot hands.....So I don't see anything wrong with Big Yao scoring 16 points out of a 7/8 FG% in 1Q against token defense of the Sacramento Kings.

But definitely I see something wrong starting 2Q; his team mates stopped passing him the ball, even though the Kings had switched to their fronting/double-teaming strategy. But still, he should be passed the ball first, and let him either work one-on-one or kick out the ball to his team mates with open looks.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Does it mean his teammates has less confidence in him now? I think Yao can take it! I always believe he is strong person physically and psychologically! But, I do think he should introspect his own problems.

As a team leader, if he cannot let his teammates pass ball to him, it means he is not a charming leader! Moreover, I also think the words he talked about his teammates indicated he didn't really see himself as a team leader. Do you ever hear a general to talk about that his solders don't listen to him?!

15. skipper

skipper Member

COOL ANSWER :D :D

16. ying861020

ying861020 Member

Good translation , at least most can read it.

I'm a chinese,I have read in sina.com.

17. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

OOHHHHH... I know now. Passion = bias officiating.

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

officiating ,role players, coach, injuries ...
    any new excuses?

A loser will bring all the excuses before he realizes his lack of passion.

The passion of excuses = YOF.

19. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

Thanks pryuen , you did this much better than me :D

I tell you what , this god is a Chinese god which name is not Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

20. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

If you don't like the translation you may offer us a better one. Just don't blame the people who did a good job to us.