1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: some teammates don't have the passion which I expect [translation]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazy_script, Dec 2, 2007.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I miss the days when he didn't have to, because the damn coach would.

I don't like seeing our best players have to publically question the passion of their teammates. That isn't their job.

Rick really frustrates me because, although I campaigned to sign him and get rid of Van Gundy, I now have to watch us lose games because of things that simply wouldn't have happened under JVG. The man had is flaws, but we were always extremely well prepared, managed 97 points a game along with the league's top D, and everyone played their asses off because they knew the coach would call them out if they didn't.

I'm tired of giving Rick excuses. All I know is that we fired JVG because we didn't get out of the first round last year, yet, if he had James, Scola, and Francis on that team, like we do now, it probably wouldn't have been an issue. I mean after all, the limited team that we did have still went 52-30 and 20-12 without Yao. And yet, here we are at .500...

Sigh... :(

And I still want to see this as our starting lineup (If we're gonna f*ck aound and lose, I'd like to try it at least once):
    Yao
    Scola
    T-Mac
    Snyder
    Francis

2. mms

mms Member

Snyder? No. I would like to keep Battier in the lineup because we have enuf fire power with Yao, Tmac, SF3 and Scola.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

The starting lineup OR players logging major minutes (except TMac and Yao) must change now. Most of us have seen enough of the current starting lineup, the mystery is why Adelman refuses to change it. The team is at .500, has lost to several bottom-feeder teams, and seems lethargic. The time is now to shake things up.

4. zong

zong Member

Yao is doing a good job for a leader, but what is Rick A doing? He is the one who should tell the players to play hard, stop the stupid plays. Glad that Yao is doing the jobs for his coach. :)

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's obviously referring to Aaron Brooks

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Perhaps, but something is better than nothing. He definitely got the basic gist across, which is enough for it to be worth sharing. It's obvious to even the most casual observer that the translation is far from perfect, so I think it rubbed people the wrong way that you needed to bring it up.

7. beyao

beyao Contributing Member

The list of Rox who give 100% every time:

Battier
    Francis
    Yao
    Hayes
    Scola
    Deke

Now that's a problem...especially considering two of these guys rarely play. In order to win in the NBA, you need everybody on the team giving maximum effort throughout the game. The Rox get by with sheer talent, but they're being exposed.

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

the most important thing is you get the right info. you're sooooo foul. this ain't an essay writing contst.

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

101% Agreed.

I hvan't seen tmac sweating... he really is Mr 90%.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao needs to say it in the American press.....

Someone has to lead this team, and it certainly will NOT be Tmac.

Yao or Francis are our two hopes.

DD

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

That's not T-Mac's fault. Even when he is putting in 110% and trying to take over the game, he is so smooth and makes it look so effortless that you think he isn't laying it all out on the floor. That's just the nature of his game. You won't see a strained expression on his face unless he's in the middle of an acrobatic move around the basket taking contact. For example -- the last Kings game, he did start out a little lethargic, but even later in the 2nd quarter when he started to take over and score at will, he still looked like he wasn't laying it out there on the court. Except that he was scoring from everywhere - whether it was driving to the hoop or draining treys over three defenders.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

The nature of his game is he likes to take more jumpshots. And when is he off, we struggle. That's not a good system.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly, him iposing his will means that he is hitting his jumper......

Memo to Tmac, imposing your will is taking it to the rack, Dwayne Wade style....not settling for outside jumpers like Dirk Nowitski !!

DD

14. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I agree with you. But I agree with YallMean too. When Tracy is playing hard, so are the rest of the team. When he isn't, some of the players seem to follow. That is why we need Tracy to be aggressive from the start because, although he has shown multiple times that he can turn it up, the rest of the players seem incapable of doing that and the result is 2 on 5 basketball like against Sacramento.

15. parmesh

parmesh Member

can they step up? idk...but i believe in yao and tmac

16. magicwind

magicwind Member

Do u understand basketball is both offense and defense? or do you ever hear about the word defense?

17. magicwind

magicwind Member

I guess probably no use at all. Those guys like MJ and Bonzi with super egos won't listen to him at all, they won't listen to anybody including the coach whoever it is. RA can only lick MJ and Bonzi's toes to please them and by this way trying to let them play a little harder. But you saw the effort failed.

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I just want to see how it looks. I mean, a coach in Rick's situation has to try everything, right?

19. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

That's exactly why talent-wise, he is the closest thing to Jordan. It's such a shame that he just doesn't seem to have the same heart MJ has. You can't feel that he is hungry for championship.

Yao is learning to be a leader now as he did in Chinese National Team. He is not a natural but I am glad that he is trying. We'll see how he turns out to be.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hey, Kobe is a ball hog even if he scores 60 and lakers losse. Kobe is trying to get his teammates involved now.

Tmac taking jump shots on 5 straight poessions is bad, makes or not. It's bad not only for not getting other people involved, but bad for many other reasons. If all those shots were in the flow of the game, I have no problem. Like JVG said, Tmac someitmes have that home run mentality each and every time.