1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao: some teammates don't have the passion which I expect [translation]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazy_script, Dec 2, 2007.

1. vince123

vince123 Member

nope not the police but who are u to judge one's work?the police or what?

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

Judge by comparing his translation and the original article.

3. vince123

vince123 Member

i don't want to get into arguments with no one.what i'm saying is just maybe you did not mean to be harsh but you were .thats the feeling i got from reading your comments.maybe he did not translate as well as he could but hey you should encourage him to do better and perhaps a better choice of words would be good.just saying try to be more positive

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

that's a better comments from you, I take this one.

5. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

yeah bonzi wells wake up your ****ing fat ass. luther bring your head to work, hayes battier alston stop being offensive liabilities, and RA most importantly needs more passion as the coach of this team

6. crazy_script

crazy_script Member

Ok guys , please stop sticking to my 'horrible English ability' .
    Whatever , this thread is better than a machine-translated article and I think most of you can read it .

And thanks Vince123 for your support and encouragement . :D

7. firezh

firezh Member

The pleasure you get from reading the translation is criticizing other's effort in order to show your master-level skill. Thank you, teacher. We really really need guys like you on the forum to guide us to the truth.

If you think sth is wrong and may be misleading, just say it.

You don't have to be arrogant. You won't make money being mean.

8. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Crazy Script

Thanks for the hard work.

I saw this article today from Titan Sports weekly that I bought at the train station when I travelled to work.

I was still scratching my head and thought how can I squeeze time to provide the posters here a translation (like what I used to do on every Sunday and Monday) as I realize it will be a very busy day for me in the office.

Now you've solved my problem. :D

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

looks like you make some bucks by being sour, no?

10. firezh

firezh Member

Just like criticizing others for pleasure as you did,

scorning people like you give me much more pleasure than making money.

Thank you very much.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

interesting to see it makes you happy to criticize others. I don't. Thank me? No please take it back. I reject.

12. LIN

LIN Member

most posts were nothing to do with the subject,but it's good for me,i can learn something else from u,like translation. :D

13. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

I learned that "though" and "but" should not appear in the same sentence.

Am I wrong?

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want us to keep Battier, but to get rid of James and Wells...even before Alston. James hasn't played well since the last time he was with us (he sucked through his whole time in Minnesota) and Wells is still living off the "fame" of his one great playoff series against the Spurs - he hasn't shown ANYTHING since.

I'd rather see Battier, Francis, Brooks and Head (in that order) get more of their (and Alston's) minutes.

15. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Also, capable of doing sth, not capable to do sth

Please be so kind to tell me if I got it wrong.

16. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Am I in the wrong place? :confused:
    Is this a high school English 1 class or a Rockets basketball thread?

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yao himself was'nt exactly a picture of energy in the clutch period. he needs to take he's own advice.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

So when kobe takes 35 shots to score 40, he's a great beast, but when tracy does it, he is a ball hog. you do know tracy was the ONLY PLAYER WHO TURNEDUP IN THE SECOND HALF. .He went 10-16 in the second half. thats awesom by anyones standard.

19. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

What do you mean?? :rolleyes:

He was not even allowed to stay and play on at the clutch period !! :mad:

And he is criticizing his team mates about lack of passion, and not lack of energy !! There is a subtle difference in it.

Yao Ming the hottest hands of all the Rockets in 1Q pouring in 16 points (7/8 FG% 2/2 FT%).

Then starting 2Q, his team mates started to go astray, ignored passing him the rock, despite him being fronted or double-teamed, and started warming up jacking up wild bricks.

But nevertheless he continued to play with zeal and created his own shots by crashing the boards or got fouled in the paint for trips to the charity strip for his automatic free throws.

He ended up the game prior to his recieving his marching order 3 minutes before the end of 4Q 29 points (8/15 FG% 13/13 FT%)/11 rebounds, with 7 of those rebounds being offensive rebounds.

If not for those BS calls he received, he should be able to stay and play on....and you'll never know whether the Rockets can come from behind to sneak out a winner for this game, cos by the time he got his marching order, they were only 5 points behind.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Of course it's beyond the opposing team to recognise Yao's dominance in the 1stQ and adjust their play.