1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do People think Mcgrady will...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, Nov 10, 2009.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Slow down the team? im so confused about this. excluding last year. EVERY year he comes back and he always fits right in with the team and we do a superb job... it just confuses me.

Just like two years ago.. when mcgrady was out against the warriors ( we always struggled agianst the warriors) we finallly beat them.. and we looked great. then the next game Mcgrady comes back and we look even better.
    then as we all know later on during the win streak Yao goes down with injury for the season and Mcgrady leads this team to 22 wins in a row( yes i know that yao contributed to 11 of those wins. but we beat teams by an average of double digits and we played good teams.

What im tryin to get at is, that i believe when mcgrady comes back we will make our team a deep squad to compete agianst. and we will play just like we did during the 22 game winstreak but BETTER... we have a a way better team than we have EVER HAD the last decade...

just cause Mcgrady comes back why do other players have to just stand around, like everyone is sayin...?? this confuses me.. go look back how we played durin that win streak. EVERYONE will hustle, and mcgrady will feed off that and will motivate him to do better. he wll average alot of assist. JUST LIKE aaron brooks, when noone believed aaron would pass the ball. And Trevor Arizas scoring average will Not drop. it will continue to stay the same cause he fits perfectly in this system. and i truely believe mcgrady will play in the system ( i mean, if Trevor arizas is scoring that much in the system, just imagine what mcgrady would do...)

WE ARE RED NATION

2. fadeaway5

fadeaway5 Member

thank u i agree

3. RyanB

RyanB Member

The guy is just a spoiler of the chemistry of the team and selfish
    worse than Ron Artest
    no need anymore for T-Slack

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Yes it sickens me to hear all this negativity around here too... JUST LIKE WHEN CHARLES BARKLEY SAID THAT WE WILL BE THE WORST TEAM IN THE WEST. Same thing to me. people need to either quit comin up with all these theorys, or just trust in Morey and quit tryin to pull peoples joy down to the ground.

Look at what morey has done to the team so far.
    im sure he knows WAY more than anyone on this board

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Why do assume McGrady will be healthy? Or even close to his former self?
    It's microfracture surgery not a simple scope.
    There's just too many what if's to even make a call on how he'll perform.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think the fear is that Tracy needs not only to be healthy to be effective (as do all players) but also to have the ball in his hands. When he has the ball, he can pass, he can try to score (I say try because he's become allergic to the rim, preferring a lower-percentage 3-point attempt).

To boil it down: Tracy is more of a half-court player. The team as constituted now MUST run as the first option, run as the second option, and then, if all else fails, run.

7. Tracy McGrady

Tracy McGrady Member

I completely agree with HtownTmac1, i actually believe in T-Mac and i think everybody's ungrateful, he's done so much for this team, you're just acting like that because he had a bad season, give him a break, he tries, and he actually seems grown and ready to play serious this time...

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

1) Tmac does not move without the ball...this system requires people to move without the ball

2) Tmac prefers to play in a slow-down half-court offense where he can stand at the top of the key with the ball, have someone set a pick and drive towards the hoop...though usually passing or shooting a jumper

3) He doesn't defend consistently

4) He gets frustrated when he doesn't have the ball in his hands (SEE: Toronto game last year when he quit in the game and used that as his excuse)

DO NOT WANT

1 person likes this.
  9. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

but did you not read what i said.
    thats not the only time that happened.

Yao went down with injury for a while against the clippers in december( i was at the game)
    mcgrady comes back from injury and he leads us to Great seeding and yao joins the team late in the season. and we were 5th seed in playoffs.... first year against the jazz. we should of beat them ( oh yeah... can someone please name who we had on that team when we didnt have yao? AND and compare it to this years team?

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

A mostly healthy Tracy McGrady could do wonders for this team in the last few minutes of a close game where he can demand a double team, create for others, and exploit one-on-one situations.

But the first 45 minutes? I'd rather see the current roster on the court.

11. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK HE HAS TO HAVE THE BALL IN HIS HANDS AT ALL TIME. GO LOOK BACK DURIN THE 22 GAME WIN STREAK. MCGRADY was not 100% AND WAS PLAYIN WITHIN THE SYSTEM JUST LIKE ARIZA. THATS WHY WE WERE WINNING!

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The 22 wins streak McGrady is obviously positive for a team... but the early 08/09 season McGrady is not so much. The fear is that the early 08/09 season McGrady shows up.

13. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

In theory what you are saying sounds great. The reality is what we have witnessed the past couple of years. TMac slows the offense down.

This might sound a little strange but I compare him to a pitcher that can't throw strikes. The defense behind the pitcher is ready to go but because he can't throw strikes they all relax and lose concentration. That's what I see the other four guys doing when TMac is on the floor. They end up standing around and watching while he holds the ball. I hope it's different if/when he comes back but that is what has happened in the past.

14. Blake

No, he was not playing in the system....but he was a major factor in the 22 game streak. I'm not kidding...he will not move without the ball. In the streak, he would draw doubles and kick the ball out.

15. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

people play close attention to BOTH VIDEOS AND WATCH the whole thing before talking to me about this subject. im pretty sure i know what im talkin about.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8QPjwQBBpF0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8QPjwQBBpF0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

how we actually played WITH MCGRADY
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Imz-vo5KQLI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Imz-vo5KQLI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

and Tim grover wasent his trainer that summer either...

17. Blake

I can't see Youtube at work (blocked), but I will counter whatever you showed with about 10 games from the streak that I have on my DVR where he stays stationary the entire time he isn't touching the basketball.

I'm not saying TMac drawing doubles and dishing doesn't get you points (and it was one of the main reasons the streak happened), but I think this team doesn't need that...especially if it hinders our development in executing the offense...look at all of our assists...players getting double digit points...as opposed to watching him create then hitting the open jumpshot.

IF he decides to play within the system (like, maybe come off of screens to get a pass to shoot immediately) etc... then I'm fine with him returning

18. fadeaway5

fadeaway5 Member

I Second that. I hope he comes back healthy and effective. He may not but thats what injuries can do to you, ask Grant Hill...Anywho best of luck to TMac and Rockets.

GO ROCKETS :)

19. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

I agree 100%. Just like in the lakers game, rox played great team ball the whole game but then that really awful final play w/ the Ariza turnover without even coming close to getting off a shot shows how we have no go to guy to finish games. Shouldnt Robert Horry have some illegitimate kids somewhere that are draft eligible by now? find them morey!!!!!

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the 08/09 tracy was not healthy and that's a fact. unless his knee is as bad as last year, he'll definitely play better. if not, look for him to retire.