1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do People think Mcgrady will...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Conclusion to Tmac issues. I hope he does well for the sake of the Rockets.....but he better listen to our co-captains. That's right Shane Aka "Batman" and the Chuck Wagon.

If those 2 guys say Tmac is no good, than he needs to go. If those 2 love Tmac, than we just need to all STFU on Tmac. We got our captains they willl make sure we don't have slackers on this team.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Despite being something of an idiot around the media, anyone that denies a healthy McGrady's talents is either a hater or an idiot.

Will he fit in our current grove, it is possible. It isn't as if we are some difficult to learn system, you move down the court quickly and pass to the open man, Adelman has been trying to do this since he has arrived. If anything, I am willing to bet McGrady will give Brooks and Ariza some downtime instead of playing one of them almost 42 minutes a game.

All that really is required is for Adelman and the Rockets mangement to put his foot down on somethings and I am sure he will adapt.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

I love Tmac, hopefully we can resign him for like 2 mil next year :p

4. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Because haters want a reason to hate. Nobody knows how McGrady will return. Hopefully he'll be back to his former all-star self, but only time can tell. I agree with you though--you just have to get used to all the haters on Clutchfans.

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I think his mental health is just as important as his physical health. Both remain to be seen.

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

OMGZ cuz T-SLAK iz lazy az **** an he canz nat dunk no moreh.

DOEZ NOT WANTZ.

7. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

I would like Tmack traded for someone better I have never been a fan him. I think he is ok at best with him we never made it past the first round of the playoffs without him we can go further. Tmack is the biggest ball hog in the NBA the last 4 yrs he jacks up too many long shots most do not go in if he were take it to the hole more he would avg 25 to 30 pts a game. There is no way he will fit into this tream this yrs would be better just to get rid of him.

8. sergio

sergio Member

Most of the T-Mac haters are just part-time fans who cant remember past last season. The fact is that the Rockets need him if being a contender is the teams goal. Yes he makes poor choices sometimes but don't we all? Trever will be more effective when T-Mac attracts double teams and wont feel pressured to create. This team needs someone who can penetrate to the basket besides little Brooks. I just hope he gets one more chance to see what he has left in the tank before he gets traded.

9. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

That's a fair point but it could also be the opposite. I just don't get why scenarios for T-Mac have to be extreme in either direction.
    He doesn't need the ball in his hands all of the time but when he played, he was the best perimeter threat, the best penetrator and the best at getting Yao the ball. If this was the case, then that could also be the reason he had the ball a lot.

Why does the coach think that T-Mac can do those things but the casual fan doesn't. Last year was a major disappointment no doubt but you have only had one horrible year compared to the others outside of the back injury year.

Can the pro-T-Mac and Anti-T-Mac posters at least move more to the center in their speculations?

10. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

fact of the matter is if tmac doesnt show up wen he gets bak...

1.He wont get paid at the end of the season
    2.Morey will trade him

Plus we all know Tmac can play people jus hate that he quit and cant get over the fact that he was injured last season. Plus we know the current roster we have is nice and can win games every once in a while but when one player has an off night like tonite we ll need a superstar player like Tmac who can put points up or draw doubles on any given night which will help very much when are offense becomes stagnent.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

There are run on sentences, and then there are marathon sentences.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Look, T-Mac may not have shot well the year we won 22 straight, but he impacted the games in other ways. That's how we could still win games without big scoring games from Mac. He helped run the offense, get our guys like Chuck easy baskets, and even played decent defense. You can tell a scoring guard is good when he can impact games without having to score a billion points.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Battier doesnt move well without the ball either. But he's Mr Team First in attitude so he gets a pass.

Its always been about McGrady's superstar attitude compared to his production and lack of being there due to injury. And him not doing a good job verbally or in emotion to cast away doubts. Basically he's polarizing. If he'da got the monkey off his back making at least 1 deep run in a playoff series no one would give a crap.

I think....he does possess elements to disrupt team chemistry and the flow of the offense. I dont think he'll make the team bottom out into basketball oblivion. Thing is Rockets have leverage this time. Its not like years past. If he works, keep him, if not trade him or sit him.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As long as T-Mac is willing to run up and down the court, play within the system, close the 4th, stay healthy, and keep his mouth friggin shut tight. I would welcome him as a Rox fan and a basketball fan as there is no denying his basketball skills. The problems are the following:

1. Can he play within the system? History has shown us that T-Mac is usually about himself and when the team loses, throws others under the bus.
    2. T-Mac is simply stupid around the media. The guy talks too much about too many dumb things. I would honestly have Artest with the media as opposed to some of the things T-Mac says.
    3. At this age, T-Mac does better with half court sets which the Rockets will not be playing due to a small and "weak" front court" Our team has a bunch of slashers and shooters and our best post players seem to be Landry and Scola.
    4. Will he stay healthy long enough to actually matter? History says no.

Problem with T-Mac is you don't know what when he is going to break down. I honestly prefer a player that would give me slightly less stats but able to perform the full season barring freak injuries.

15. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

I would love it if Tmac came back willing to run with the team and help the team get some crucial wins. But as i've said before I really don't think its about winning for T-mac right now, its just about proving that he can still play.

16. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I don't think that it occurs to people like you that he actually needed surgery last season but instead did what he could to please people like you because everyone felt that we had a shot. Now we see that with such fans it isn't worth him giving that effort. I'm very glad that a lot of people here still see that he did his best and I'm also glad that some of us are still pulling for our player.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think that it occurs to people like you that if multiple doctors recommended he strengthen the knee by playing, then he actually didn't need surgery.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I don't think it occurs to people like you that he actually didn't rehab his knee properly in the 07 offseason which led to the knee being a problem.

I don't think it occurs to people like you that you should support your TEAM first, not individual players. As in players who don't QUIT on the team in the middle of a game. (Toronto game...frustrated TMac stood ONE FOOT inside the half court line and watched us play 4 on 5 for 3 straight posessions...even Worrell and Bullard were shocked...after the game he said it was because he was frustrated by not having the ball)

I don't think it occurs to people like you that certain players put themselves before the team. As in, the day that ESPN puts up a headline saying that TMac is in trade negotiations, he announces TO THE PRESS that he is going to have season ending surgery, despite not having other medical opinions that the team had asked for.

I don't think it occurs to people like you that TMac actually doesn't like to play in Adelman's system and prefers his own way...which is high screen and rolls...system be damned. And defense? Nah...needs to save his energy for the offensive end of the court

I don't blame him for our playoff failures. I don't blame him for Orlando's playoff failures. I give him credit for his play during "The Streak". I am a lifelong fan and a season ticket holder. However, he became "Me-Mac" and put himself ABOVE THE TEAM, so I'm done with him.

Now feel free to embrace the Lowest Common Denominator and call me a "hater"

19. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Right, the man who quit and took pain-killing injections against Utah because he's such a quitter :rolleyes: . Just to add, it's not like he wasn't misdiagnosed several times when doctors kept saying that he was fine; then suddenly, whoops, he needs microfracture surgery.

#99 jevjnd, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Once again, he didn't need microfracture surgery. It was always an option, just not the most recommended one.

Be honest. Don't you find it a little hard to believe that so many doctors (at the top of their fields) misdiagnosed him?