1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do People think Mcgrady will...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He was Yao's supporting cast. We've had a pretty consistant roster since he arrived. Yao, Scola for a few, Battier for a few, Brooks, Landry.

2. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

ok maverics series who did we have?
    -wesley mcgrady bowen pagget yao =NO (we took mavs to 7)
    jazz series part 1.
    - rafer mcgrady battier HOWARD(cancer) and yao
    bench. luther? hayes?... thats it
    Jazz series part 2. 22 game winstreak year
    - Bobby jackson(rafer missed game 1 and 2. second half of game 6 when we cut the lead from 18 to 2) mcgrady battier scola(rookie) mutumbo.
    bench. brooks(rookie) luther mike harris landry (rookie) and hayes

and we now this year.. if mcgrady comes back healthy
    Brooks, Mcgrady Ariza Battier Scola Landry Hayes(different player as a starter) lowry Budinger anderson and pops... Noone can tell me that mcgrady had a good supporting cast till this year. i have a feeling this year mcgrady will prove to the world.. and yes sadly 80 percent of clutchfans(HOUSTON ROCKETS FANS) that he can fit in any system and lead this team far in the playoffs without yao

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I really think we're all forgetting (myself included) that McGrady can play without the ball... If there's ever a time he needs to play without the ball, its now. Right now, the Rockets as a team are shooting 47% from the field with ball movement and body movement. If Mac wants a new contract, hes gonna want to shoot with efficiency. Teams can careless about him scoring 25+ points. They wanna see HIGH FG% and HIGH ASTS/TO ratio. All the rebounds he gets is just a bonus. T-Mac knows in order for him to be successful, this system is perfect for him.

4. Pocket Rockets

McGrady has had enough of a supporting cast to get out of the first round...the 07 squad had homecourt advantage against the jazz, remember that?

also what makes you think you know whats going on in mcgrady's mind? Like you know what motivates him enough to be able to integrate himself into this particular team that is completely different than he is accustomed to since he came to houston.

all we have is history to go on and that shows he prefers a half court game. Are we willing as a franchise to hinder our youth to allow tracy to showcase himself for a few weeks or the rest of the season to get himself another contract?

My answer is no. I realize the talent and effort he has given us however this team has moved on.

The season he helped us win 22 in a row, that team predicated itself on defense with deke filling in for yao. This team gambles on defense to create turnovers. Tracy, even if healthy, doesn't SEEM to work with this unit. However time will tell once he starts playing.

5. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

if you truely disagree with me then watch this video. and listen to EVERYTHING the espn commentators are sayin about mcgrady that year. it shows his averages during that streak (including his FG%) they also say how mcgrady passes the ball. and how great he has been playing. and talks about how he missed 12 games with a knee injury and the team grew without him.. we all know when he came back what happened...

as a rockets fan, im asking you people that disagree with me and rate my thread low. to watch and listen to the WHOLE THING.

6. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

opps i forgot to add the video lol ^

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IchajBZj4ug&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IchajBZj4ug&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think one of the reasons T-mac is so anxious to get back is to show how well he can fit into to this offense and that he will help accelerate it - not slow it down.

He has a lot he wants to prove...good!

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

T-Mac just needs to swallow his pride, play within the system, keep his big trap closed tight, and take over when we need him to. More than anything, aside from T-Mac fanboys, us Rox fans are sick of T-Mac spouting off crap.

9. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

oh yeah and btw why would mcgrady care about a big contract anyways? im pretty sure hes just like lebron, and wants to win more than just get a big contract. I truely believe he thinks this team can go all the way.. he will help this team NOT hurt them. mark my words down

10. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

how do you know he just wants to win? Look at his last contract, does that look like someone who doesnt want big money? Im not saying he does, just playing devils advocate.

11. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

he stated alot of times that he wants to do nothing but win. he said he already proved himself and wants to win.
    i cant give you the link to that but i remember him sayin that win Yao took over as our GUY

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Tmac should have stepped it up for that series, but Utah was a bad matchup for us.

1) They had a 3 point shooting center, forcing Yao to guard Boozer. Horrible matchup for us.

2) Okur was a major flopper, bothering Yao on offense and getting him into cheap foul trouble.

3) They had no scoring wings for Battier to guard.

4) They had big physical guards that destroyed our bench (Luther).

With our new roster and style of play, I think we'll own Utah for years to come. But they didn't stop McGrady that series. They were just pefectly built to annoy Yao.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think when most people say Mcgrady will slow us down they're talking about a not so healthy Mcgrady, which might be the type of Mcgrady we will get. I think there's no doubt a healthy Mcgrady will help this team win.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

There arnt many athletes out there that will ever state otherwise. Of course they all want to win, but alot of them care more about the pay. We shall see what happens when tracy becomes a free agent next summer, will he go to a good team for less, or go to the highest bidder... only time will tell.

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

If he's not healthy he will hurt the team simple as that.

16. redao

redao Member

People have seen TMAC play for 12 years. He is what people think he is.
    Why do people think TMAC will be a ball stopper? because he has been one for 12 years.

17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

like i said earlier he never had the RIGHT supporting cast. NOW he does. so wait till he comes back to judge him on that

Lebron is a ball stopper this year but look at people here on this board they want him. if he came to this team JUST like mcgrady then he would play in the system.. its not like he wouldnt score. look at ariza...

18. cchriswake

cchriswake Member

TMAC gonna lead us to the championship, thats why

19. SugarLandDream8

Yao played in 12 games of the streak. And these are some of Mcgrady's numbers in the winning streak:

1/29 GS Mcgrady did not play
    2/7 Clev 8 pts on 3-11 FG
    2/9 Atl 15 pts on 5-14 FG
    2/11 Port 12 pts on 6-15 FG
    2/13 Sac 10 pts on 3-12 FG
    2/19 Clev 17 pts on 6-21 FG
    2/26 Was 11 pts on 4-15 FG
    3/16 LAL 11 pts on 4-16 FG

You give Mcgrady too much credit

20. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

well those are only 8 games out of the 22 win streak

what were mcgrady's assist those games

and were we still wining?(by double figures, to say the least)

ENOUGH SAID