1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do People think Mcgrady will...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, Nov 10, 2009.

1. rockets4life!

rockets4life! Member

man, some of these post are crazy... Some people actually believe this team is BETTER with out T-mac LOL. Yes, he may not know when to keep his mouth shut but don't deny the man... he has talent and that's what we need right now. He demands double teams which no one else on our team demands, he also is a closer and a person to take over when everyone else is shooting terrible. For those people that want him traded, what do you HONESTLY believe we are going go get for him. I saw Bimathug thread about his trade proposal and it was a REALISTIC idea unlike some of these ideas going on around here....

2. Seth

Seth Member

The team played better without him.
    The coach thinks he might disrupt the gameflow.
    He is not really a closer, he just always had the ball in his hand.
    He demanded double teams before his injury, we are not so sure now. (Adelman said he lacks explosion)
    Anyone that can fit this team better than him would be a good trade.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Can't we all just get along

4. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Mostly because fans on here enjoy having something to be unhappy about. The Rockets can be playing great basketball and the players can really be stepping up, and people will go out of their way to find fault. The glass is generally considered half-empty here. I think McGrady will make the Rockets better when he returns.

5. alleyez281

alleyez281 Member

Hey fellow Clutchfans members...since I a rookie and can not start threads. I think it would be a great idea to ask everyone on clutchfans to vote on nba.com to get the Rockets on TUESDAY FAN NIGHT. The have the Rockets vs. Suns as a choice for the Tues. Nov 14th game.

If we don't get respect from the national media...we can make some noise on their fan night voting.

Thanks!

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Instead of having McGrady iso, I believe he would be a lot more effective if Adelman used him in the high post. That would give Ariza and Brooks the freedom to move a lot more, while letting Scola set up for jumpers and Hayes looking for holes in the defense.

Unlike so many here, I look forward towards T-mac coming back. This team lacks that one guy who will command double teams. I think people are going to be wrong about T-mac. He has disappointed myself so many times with his stupid comments and the way he handles the media, but I still believe in his ability as a player.

I pray he comes back healthy. It would be fun watching Landry, McGrady, Lowry and Budinger out there. I love Battier and he is my favorite player, but he needs to be getting less minutes when McGrady comes back.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think everyone is assuming he comes back and plays like the injured mcgrady from last year avg an inefficient 15 ppg. If he comes back like that he won't be playing or he will come off the bench. The rehab is so he can come back to form like he was from the 07/08 campaign when he could still put up an efficient 21ppg and be a great playmaker. There is no way he hurts the team if he comes back to that form, we will still run and gun but when there are games like Wed against Dallas, when they are scorching hot and we are unable to run, we will need someone like mcgrady who can play half court and create shots, again all this is depending on him being healthy so yes, i do agree that if he comes back injured and slow, he will not help this team and will make us worse. Last year however was the only time there was clear evidence of him hurting the team.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate how TMac gets credit for all the success and none of the blame for the failures.

As for why TMac will slow down the team

Look at his 'Fast Break' points
    If it is not a 22 foot pull up jumper
    they are basically non-existant

Rocket River

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ugh... who's the face the media talks about for the playoff losses? regardless, that's how stars are treated. stars are stars for a reason: they get all the credit, and all the blame (that includes coaches). tmac and JVG got all the blame for all our playoff losses (hence JVG got the boot despite not given a lot of talent to work with).

tracy can "lead" a fastbreak. i agree he rarely finishes one nowadays.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You completely missed his point. He is saying that T-Mac takes all the credit for winning and does not want to shoulder the blame for losing which is for the most part true. Everyone on this board still remembers the infamous quote from a coupe of seasons ago; "If we lose, it's on me!" and when we did lose, he was really sarcastic, going "Yes, blame me for everything." Superstars accept the good, the bad, and the ugly. Being the face of the team, they do not have the luxury of picking what responsibility they want to bear.

Let's use Kobe for an example. As much as I hate that posing twat, his attitude as the team star impresses me. When the team loses, he asks himself "What could I have done otherwise to make this team win?" All the greats are like this. Can you imagine Olajuwon going "I did everything I could, but the team still lost!"

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

BTW Last time T-Mac tried to finish a break, he got hung out on the rim to dry.

12. t_mac1

ugh, kobe PUBLICLY trashes his teammates and organization for not putting a winning product on the floor after the suns' loss. worse, he pointed out andrew bynum and how the team should have traded him for jason kidd, which was a diss a kupcake.

and let's not bring up michael jordan, who is the worst of the worst (and that was what made him great).

again, tracy mcgrady has a big bad mouth. we all know he should keep it shut, and yet he never does. he always says the dumbest things. and last year was simply a disaster.

but to say he doesn't care about his team when he's on the floor is ridiculous. this is the same dude who cried twice on national TV. CRIED. the same dude who played through multiple injuries to help us into the playoffs when our big man went down.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Much appreciated.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe blames his teammates for losing against the celtics and says if he doesn't get better teammates he wants to be traded.

If t-mac pulls that the city would go ballistic. T-mac laments not having a great teammate or a great team to play on as one big reason he has not tasted success and people go crazy on him.

It's stupidly hilarious. I mean, Kobe couldn't take a crappy lakers team past the first round either...not until they got some decent players...even with Lamar Odom they couldn't get past the first round.

Heck, Kobe + Shaq couldn't get far in the playoffs for YEARS. They kept getting swept.

Now the team is there...we just need to let T-mac have a chance to play with good teammates.

15. van chief

van chief Member

2 great fears of T-Mac coming back outweigh the possibility that he will come back and fit right in with the team.

#1 - He will suck. He will stop the ball, not drive to the basket and take tons of bad shots.

#2 - He will try to become the center of our offense. Like his “glory” days in Orlando, he will do whatever he can to become the centerpiece of the offense and the team will suffer as a whole, record, chemistry etc…

#3 – He comes back, health, and plays like he did, during the past few years. He distributes the ball well, drives to the basket and fits into the playing style without any major issues while averaging 20 points 5 assists.

Realistically it will be some mixture of these three as the season continues, but the fear of the first two outcomes greatly outweighs the potential of the third. Any of these will also eat into floor time for Battier, Budinger and Ariza.

Throwing in that it’s a contract year, I expect him to try play more like 2 or 3 and go ring chasing with a heavy contender like Boston, LA, Cleveland, San Antonio…. something similar to what his cousin did moving down to Orlando.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You nailed it right there. It also could have a negative impact on the rotation. If he is 100%, he's not going to come off the bench, so then what? Do we stunt Ariza's progression by sending him to the bench or do we sacrafice defense and send Battier to the bench?

17. t_mac1

i think adelman is not catering to tracy at all. listen to what adelman has said. if tracy is struggling with his injury/not returning to be a contributing player, he's not going to play. and with the emphasis on team play, if tracy stops the ball and takes bad shots, it'll be easy to see. adelman doesn't need to criticize him, the fans AND media will force adelman's hand anyways to play mcgrady less.