1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where have all the insiders gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I realize that the Rockets might not make any blockbuster trades this year, but I'm sure they'll add a veteran or two & I'm also willing to bet that they'll make a minor trade or two.

That's why I'm so puzzled as to why none of the insiders have posted anything in a while. Doc Rocket hasn't given us a riddle to solve in a while & Oeilpere hasn't posted any tidbits since the first of the year. Even Clutch has taken a hiatus on posting inside info. The last rumor was that Griffin might be getting shopped around, & that was just being reported from several news paper articles.

I don't mean for this to sound like I'm whining, it's more like I'm missing the little tidbits that we used to be thrown. Has JVG clamped down on the leaks, or is it something else(which I won't say out loud)?

How about someone throwing us a bone? Rover is getting hungry. Bow Wow. :(

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Oeilpere apparently took some bad acid, and is driving up highway 1 pledging 1000s of dollars as challenges on public funded radio stations. Apparently when he runs out of gas or money, or when Willie May leaves him, he'll return to Houston.

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

You mean, there's such a thing as good acid?

Also, how is it apparent that he'll return to Houston?

I need more data. :)

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Im beginning to think that Doc and OP were somehow connected to Rudy T or something.... strange that we havent heard from them yet this offseason.

5. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

I think its probably because of all the imature post over and over with no substance.

There use to be a good bit of intelligent postings about Rocket basketball and not all of this fantasy nonsense that has no way of happening. Now instead of talking how JVG and Ewing can help out the team we complain how big Ewing's nose is. Whats the insiders suppose to say to that, that its not really his nose and sources tell them that he had a nose job back in the 70's;)

Dunno, but with all this other stuff running rampant I don't check the board as often as I use to so I figured they were doing the same.

Thats just my 2 cents worth:rolleyes:

6. Nero

Nero Member

Hmmm.. may be time to ask..

Who is no longer associated withe the Rockets franchise?

Silence from the 'insiders'..

Hmmm....

7. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

What's the 1st rule of Fight Club again? ;)

8. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Never expect anything out of a Brad Pitt movie. You'll only end up being disappointed.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hasn't stopped Tim.

I agree with Drew, I think Doc and OP may be job hunting at the moment...

10. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing as I accessed the site a minute ago. It's awfully quiet in the BBS considering that teams are now allowed to talk to free agents.

11. drunk

drunk Member

Yes, there is good & bad acid.
    Good acid is made from clearer crystals with less impurities.
    Bad acid is made from less pure amber or brownish crystals.

But really, a good or bad acid trip depends on your state of mind & mental well-being.

Idiots or control freaks will usually have a bad time.

Acid pretty much left Houston a few years ago & won't be returning anytime in the foreseeable future.

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

My reasoning is that a) there is absolutely nothing to report and b) If they came out of hiding to say that there is nothing to report they would then be hammered with idiotic questions. My guess is that some of these insiders are here, under new names, so they can talk Rockets without being bothered.

I say be thankfull of the info we've gotten in the past.

13. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I say all this these excuses for why the "insiders" aren't posting inside info. are nothing more than excuses. The fact that the site was not updated on a regular basis the past couple of seasons as it used to be means to me that the people who manage this site, have lost interest in the site or have personal obligations that do not allow them to spend as much time on the site as they did when they were younger. I'm not compaining. That's their business as long as this is a free site. I'm just saying to act as if they're "boycotting posters on the BBS" as many are suggesting is a really childish explanation.

14. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

:D

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

That be wrong. It's only the idiots who would have a good time. If you want to take acid, good for you. But dropping Goofy doesnt magically convert you into a genius, it just seems that way. Delusions of grandeure seem standard fair round here.

16. a-rock

a-rock Member

anyone here remember popey(e)..... this guy always had some good stuff to talk about....

17. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I think they got tired of the flood of stupid threads and posts by zillions of new posters (post Yao) and just gave up on the board...:(

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have not been around that long, I did browse the boards before ever signing my own name for a while. But I do think that there needs to be less threads.

Its hurting business, which is intelligent conversation.

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Both of those guys have been known to disappear for long periods of time. They may not be hearing anything or they may just not feel like sharing right now. They've never run to the board with every detail. Doc said in a post not too long back that if he had anything else we'd hear it through Clutch. And there's the possibility, of course, they may not be connected anymore. I doubt it has anything to do with the quality of discussion here, though that could certainly be better.

It's also worth considering that Doc's most recent post (removed at his request) was about Rudy's situation. Could mean he's in hot water or feels bad about leaking something that forced the organization's hand and/or that he was connected to Rudy.

#19 Batman Jones, Jul 4, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  20. mduke

mduke Member

that's oeilpere...