1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where have all the insiders gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jul 4, 2003.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

"They met me in the day of success: and I have (1.5.1)
    learned by the perfectest report, they have more in
    them than mortal knowledge. When I burned in desire (1.5.3)
    to question them further, they made themselves air,
    into which they vanished. -- So saith Lady MacBeth to Insider MacBeth?

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

This is laughable. How long have you been a Rockets fan?

The Yao only fans swarm to the BBS and then pepper it with the typical know-nothing posts and then become indignant when I call them out.

3. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Lol! My latest scoop..." This IS a dagger I see before me..." There's that question resolved...Now lay on, MacThumbs, and damned be he who first cries, er....funny bums?

4. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

Riet I have been a Rox fan since the "81 Moses team when I was like 6 maybe 7. Question for you though, are you saying I am a Yao only fan because of that line?? If so you might want to re-read it. I say I am sick of people who feel you can't say anything NEGATIVE about Yao, and you throw me into the Yao only crowd???

5. CRC

CRC Member

Macbeth, the insider, the liberal, the designated savior of the GARM, I commended you with all your effort and didcation in turing this place around with your often long, but effective expressions incorporating the arts of syntax & semantics :D

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ok, the next time we need some "insider info"about the p*rn business...

you will be the first guy we call on...

;)
    :p

7. CRC

CRC Member

I can answer this question for Macbeth (if he's still writing his scripts):

"to be or not to be, that's the question..." :D

#67 CRC, Jul 5, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2003
  8. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

I lumped you in with the Yao only fans because many of them don't follow basketball and don't understand some basic truths in the NBA.

You say you get tired of people who get "excommunicated" if they criticize Yao.

That's BS because the majority of Yao only fans are new Rockets fans. Hard core Rockets fans have been around a lot longer. I doubt any longtime Rockets fans would get "excommunicated" by newbies. That's stupid. It's exactly the opposite.

As far as the whole "criticize Yao" thing. Ive already explained why Steve Francis and Cat should share the blame. It has nothing to do with Yao.

The fact you don't understand this and compare it to some idol worship leads me back to my first point about understanding basketball.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm cool with anyone that can come up with plausible reasons why they like or dislike Yao, Steve, the coaches, or whatever. I'm weird like that.

Believe it or not, there are Rockets fans that never liked Ralph.
    There are those that didn't like Hakeem for things he's done.
    There are those that hated Rudy as a coach before he got the axe here.

Every one of them had plausible explanations. I may disagree with them, but that doesn't make them less of a Rockets fan or any "less right" than me.

10. thumbs

Quoth MacBeth: "Let not light see my black and deep desires: The eye wink at the hand; yet let that be, which the eye fears, when it is done, to see" (1.4.50-53).,,, "Well, may you see things well done there: adieu! lest our old robes sit easier than our new!" (2.4.37-38)."

Careful Insider MacBeth: Uneasy is the head that wears the crown!:D

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Exactly. That would be a good reason not to like someone...because they have a reason. OP didn't. Thats what I'm saying. He just said Yao basically sucked and he was going to be a bad choice based on NOTHING. Do you not see the difference? How would you treat anyone else doing the same thing on this board?

macbeth,
    Why would someone who gives this board 'inside' info on the rockets, bash our probable first pick of the draft before we pick him? Did he have some info about Yao we didn't know? Obviously not. Not only was he dead wrong about yao, but he so righteously bashed him while saying anyone that thought he was good should go back to watching "WWF and Maury P." Whats up with the personal attacks on people that think Yao would be great? He not only 'dissed' pro-Yao people and their 'obvious' fantasies and viewing habits...he didn't have the guts to admit his BS outlook at a great player that was based on god knows what(hopefully not his race), but it sure wasn't bball film on the guy. I'm not going to speculate about OP and his opinion coming from the brass or whatever. I just see what he wrote on this board and see that he didn't take back all the bashing on Yao afterwards. I guess he feels he doesn't have to since he does so much for us anyways.

#71 Severe Rockets Fan, Jul 5, 2003
  12. Ming the Dream

I said one line of comment about Steve and Cat getting bashed, that said nothing about them being or not being the reason we didn't make the playoffs. Then you , Riet, Commander of All NBA knowledge, takes that and makes it out to be that I said Yao is to share the blame for why we missed the playoffs. I NEVER SAID THAT!!! You call me an idiot who knows little about basketball, while at the same time you try and validate your point by stating things that I never said. However, I would like to thank you, because you have given me a greater appreciation of reading comprehension skills.Like I said earlier until you can follow a conversation and comprehend what is being said, I would avoid calling people out. Because anybody who reads this thread is going to think you are a moron, if you actually believe that I said that Yao was to share the blame for the reason we lost in the playoffs.

13. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Excuse me. And where exactly did I accuse you of saying Yao was responsible for not making the playoffs? My playoff comment was an example. I suggest you brush up on your reading comprehension.

Your comment:
    You asked "What makes Yao so different?"

This is what I said:

After that I followed up with an example about the playoffs and why nobody criticizes a rookie.

You better do some more reading comprehension exercises. You need them.

14. thumbs

Come, guys, invective and harangue serves no purpose here.

Everybody wants to identify the insiders. Everybody wants to know what's going to happen before it happens. Well, that would take the fun out of it -- like knowing the final score before watching the game. Take the information as it comes from all our disparate sources -- from the ice cream vendor in a player's subdivision to Les himself.

#74 thumbs, Jul 5, 2003
  15. Ming the Dream

And you took the whole post out of context because I was refering to an earlier post about Popeye. Listen you can spin this anyway you want, we have already hashed and rehashed this deal. But in the future if you want to call me out ( and I have no problem with that), make sure you follow the conversation of the thread, and don't take half posts to make you point.

16. thumbs

17. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I've just got one thing to say to those that have turned this thread into a pissing contest.

SHUT UP!!!!

Get out of this thread. Who cares if you do or don't like any one individual player or coach? The question is "Where have all the insiders gone?", not any of this other garbage spewing out of some of your mouths. This is part of the reason that I don't enjoy this site as much as I used to, & I suspect that the same could apply to other long time posters, including the insiders. It's all about respect. Some of you should look up the meaning of that word. Respect is earned, not just given because you have a high post count. Clutch (who happens to own this site) has vouched for both Oeilpere & Doc Rocket as being reliable insiders. That's good enough for me.

MacBeth (the self annointed new insider :D) touched on the real value of the insiders. It's not whether they are right all the time, or even some of the time, it's about them giving us bits of information about what the Rocket's organization is thinking & doing behind the scenes. Things that the average fan will never know. They're doing us a favor, because they sure don't have to.

There's too many of you that like to pile on them when they bring us some information, by trying everything you can to discredit them. Why, to make yourself look better? Who the h*ll are you?!? You know nothing, or you wouldn't be here asking questions about the team. You don't have to worship them, but it would probably help if you extended them some courtesy & respect. They've earned it. You haven't.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :D

18. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

19. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

They got tired of reading this kind of crap... :eek:

20. silent j

silent j Member

ASSHOLIC?!?!?!

I don't think we'll find it in Webster's but I like it.

j