1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where have all the insiders gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jul 4, 2003.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Do they have an "Anonymous" for that? :eek:

2. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

In order to live up to my billing, here is the inside scoop on the missing insiders...told in that strange tongue, insiderese...

Think Zeppelin, but not the band. Are you high enough yet? Can you see the leopards from there? No? Well, then...go a little to the left. That's it...But don't forget that ants like scones too.

Ok...the thing is, boys and girls of all ages, the elephant may have a trunk, but the leapoard has no spots, so only one of them is packing light. The other one is thinking of getting into the purchases market...with maybe a nice gold fish pond in the back yard. But where, oh where, will Jack get another Cow, as the beans have come up empty?

Get it? Got it? Good...

Editor's note...if you have, in fact, made anything out of the above gibberish, please seek professional help immediately.

3. gsd99rhc

gsd99rhc Member

Why is that Oeilpere was unable to post in grammatically correct english? I always found this a bit odd.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's OK. I won't lose any sleep over it. :)
    Like many of us with a life constantly pulling them from one of the things they most enjoy, this BBS, perhaps Oeilpere has things that keep him away and that he will eventually have "taken care of". I hope so... we might get the pleasure of reading him again. He's just one of many I would like to enjoy again on a regular basis.

As to where they have all gone, perhaps we'll find out. In time.
    Until then, we'll have to put our hopes in MacBeth's hands. ;)

(I think it was a problem with his keyboard, gsd&m)

5. SLA

SLA Member

This thread is hilarious!!!!

ClutchCity could be updated...

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Okay...big scoop coming up...I can't get into too much detail, but my sources tell me that the Rockets are gonna hire a new coach any day now...and he just might be a former Knics coach c*m announcer named Jeff Van something...I'll leak out more details when I get them, but only in a way that won't compromise my source with the Rockets, Paul Reynolds.

I'm a natural at this insider thing.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

/delurking

2 little tidbits that I recall hearing...dont know how relevant or correct they are..

1) I remember hearing that popeye was battling an illness a while back...how serious or if this has anything to do with his continued absense, I dont know.

2) I do also remember seeing him complain about problems typing with his keyboard, possibly because of it being a laptop or something like that.

/lurk mode activated

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

If this thread didn't egg them on they are probably ex Rockets players or Rudy T....

9. driver8

driver8 Contributing Member

I know that's why I checked out for a year or so, only coming back recently to get some news on the new coach (prior to JVG's hiring).

I'm not a big poster, mostly because I'd rather not contribute to the incessant repetition of innuendo and misreported facts. I'll post only if I have something original to say, or if I strongly agree with another post.

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Just who exactly are "The Insiders"? I'd like to see a list.

11. wowming

wowming Member

insiders have never replied to a "where is the inside info" thread before, why should now be any different.
    That said, I fear they were connected to the old staff...

12. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

The stuff I get from any media personnel that deals with my company is posted on the site already. No need for repetition.

And still, I hear alot of rumors that don't make sense. Like the one I hear about trading Griffith for this guy and this Rocket to that guy. And they don't make sense. So, why post?

13. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

relax.......the deals will come, the team is in a transition period....deals aren't gonna happen this soon, esp. w/ the new coaching staff trying to settle in.......give it time.

14. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

I have a *feeling* popeye has some inside scoop on the Warriors now. yea, no...

15. gsd99rhc

gsd99rhc Member

Apparently you are suggesting that popeye is jim boylen. If that is the case, the nagging question is where did jim boylen study english? His posts suggested that his first language was not english, or that he often posted in an "altered state of mind".

I realize that this issue was addressed, but I don't buy the explanations.

16. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

I just ask the questions. I don't have all the answers. How many times do I have to tell you people that?!?!

17. red

red Contributing Member

actually they have.

and does anyone else hear the tune "where have all the cowboys gone" by paula cole when reading this thread title.

i did not know the name of the song nor the artist who sang it...i had to do a google search.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes.

Liar.