1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Span might join Spurs after friendship with Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Aug 16, 2007.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

As the opposite of the hirsute Vasilis, you may be renamed:
    King of SiamFisher.
    [​IMG]

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The lanes are trapezoidal in greece because that's the only shape that will fit in the barn.

Bald Bob, Yul be sorry you just took that cheap shot at me someday.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam, I'm glad you have your signature.

Otherwise, I would have thought you were a BBall Scientist because of your ability to use ancient Greek references on a basketball board.

Carry on.

4. BBall Scientist

They said that these will become NBA teams and be under all NBA guidelines, rules, and regulations. The rules will be adapted to NBA rules, however Stern said some changes to NBA rules may take place. He says that the rules changes that have already taken place and are taking place are part of the attempt to make the rules changes less extreme when the 3 Euro teams join the league.

So NBA lane shape, 48 minute games, 6 fouls per player per game, the NBA range 3 point line, these are going to be in place for the teams in Madrid, Athens, and Moscow as well based on what he is saying.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Typical financial genius.

The only way a trapezoid is ideal for a barn is if one side of the barn is moving at extreme velocity with respect to the other side of the barn, giving an asymmetric Lorentz contraction. And nothing moves that fast in Greece.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on, you are just afraid I get another Boki bullet in my gun......

:D

DD

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

For the love of Vince Young, can we not start this again?

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Too late...it's like a fission reaction. Once it starts, the reaction takes on a life of it's own. It's already hit critical mass and it's just...simply impossible to stop now!!

PS Spurs Lineup could look like this.

Centers
    Fabricio Oberto
    Francisco Elson
    Ian Mahinmi

Power Forwards
    Tim Duncan
    Robert Horry
    Matt Bonner

Small Forwards
    Bruce Bowen
    Michael Finley
    Ime Udoka

Shooting Guards
    Manu Ginobili
    Brent Barry
    Marcus Williams

Point Guards
    Tony Parker
    Vassilis Spanoulis
    Jacque Vaughn

9. University Blue

This is bad news for Jeff Van GoatBoy.

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

that's baaaaaaaa! :D

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

ROFL, even a chrome domed lackey of mine should be able to realize that the barns were constructed in non-symmetrical (trapezoidal) shapes to create the illusion of symmetry from a distance, much like the outer colonnade of the Parthenon are tapered to create a state of entasis and the stylobate and naos walls are slightly curved

Stop embarrassing yourself. I don't want to have to burn this bridge between us again, but right now I am trying to stop shipments of material down the mekong and it is 1968. I am circling the area in an observational craft ready to call in a full load of napalm and you are a rather suspicious looking sampan, possibly containing sappers, ambling around the docks for no good reason.

Thin ice man.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

DD,

Can't believe you are saying Francis and Scola for VSpan. Francis was coming anyway. The trade was Scola and Butler for VSpan. I'm okay with it if VSpan doesn't come back and play.

But if VSpan comes back and plays for the Spurs, I will feel like we got shafted. VSpan is da man.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way we got shafted......

My point is that the Rockets are better off with

Scola & Francis

than they would be with V-Span.

We have no more holes, and zero unknowns, whereas V-Span was still an unknown.....and we had no PF at all....

You know I think V-Span can develop into a good player, I like the qualities of his play.....but all I care about is the Rockets franchise and we are MUCH better off this year with this trade.

DD

14. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Wow, B-Bob and SamFisher has a history? I didn't know that.

15. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Here is the write-up on this game from FIBA.

http://www.eurobasket2007.org/en/ci...cleMode_on.html

Greece Crush France, Parker In Strasbourg
    Fit-again Tony Parker made a losing return to international action as France fell 74-55 to Greece on Saturday in a EuroBasket warm-up tournament in Strasbourg.

Parker missed Les Bleus' first three friendlies of their preparation period, all of which they won, because of an ankle injury suffered in training two-and-a-half weeks ago.

But on the San Antonio Spurs guard's return to the team, France's fortunes dipped and they were heavily beaten by EuroBasket defending champions Greece, a team tipped, like Les Bleus, to go far in Spain next month.

As a precaution, Parker only played 16 minutes but still ended the contest as his team's leading scorer with nine points. He had little help from his team-mates, however.

The Greeks sped into an early lead and by half-time, they were 19 points ahead (38-19). They maintained that gap until the final hooter ( ).

It was Vassilis Spanoulis, a future team-mate of Parker at the Suns (they mean Spurs, of course), who stole the show with 16 points. Lazaros Papadopoulos added a further 12.

Yakhouba Diawara was France's second leading scorer with seven points.

The hosts were without Florent Pietrus for Saturday night's game.

The Unicaja Malaga center, the vice-captain of Les Bleus, has been ruled out for up to a week after injuring his left thigh on Friday.

Pietrus joins Tariq Kirksay (knee) on the sidelines, while Boris Diaw is still awaiting clearance to play after his insurance ordeal with the Phoenix Suns.

France's final game of the Strasbourg tournament is against Slovenia on Sunday, with EuroBasket beginning on September 3.

16. Fuzzy Zoeller

Fuzzy Zoeller Member

^^ Does the "BEX" in your screen name represent "Bexar"?

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

Its amazing that such a scrub, that anyone has barely seen play gets so much attention.

Anyway, if V-Span plays for the Spurs, then he is not only a quitter, but he is a liar too. I hope the red rowdies take care of him when he comes to Houston and send him back to his momma.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

I knew the vspan thread not going to go away even after he was traded.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think the Rockets Sign SF if Span is here
    That would mean on our roster we would have One more Guard and one less PF if they did
    and
    we guard heavy now as it is

Rocket River

20. windfern

windfern Member

Even if he turns out to be a great player proving Jeff is not worthy of stepping into any basketball court?