1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Span might join Spurs after friendship with Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Buck Turgidson

You missed:

"Taking on a Slovenia team that is without a host of veteran players..."

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

At some point, we will all have to ask ourselves hard questions. The sad pinata is now earthbound, its treats long dispersed, even crushed under the heels of onlookers.

Why do we now, without blindfolds, continue to swing and swing at the pinata?

[​IMG]

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This thread had it all... here are some of the highlights for those of you who aren't keeping up :

1) A poster that's been on the board since 2002 that still hasn't figured out the source he posted pulls more s%$t out of its ass than Ex-Lax and labels it "news".

2) People actually still give a damn about a guy that did nothing for this team and not only left the team, but left the league... yet somehow the team is at fault. I guess their defense is we mentally scarred him so badly, he didn't even want to play for the Spurs. Damn... now that's rough. I mean, I know that's the kind of guy I want directing my team in crunch time.

3) People will hug the nuts of a new coach that hasn't coached a team they haven't even seen play yet, as long as the coach they hated is gone. Of course, there's an endless supply of bandwagons in the universe for them to jump on and then jump off, so don't worry - I'm sure we'll see more of this during the season.

4) We have Air Langhi... keep in mind his username is AIR LANGHI... saying "If Vspan was good enough to school Team USA like he did he sure as hell is better than Rafer. Too bad we will never know what could have been."

That's just priceless.

Based upon this I see Carlos Arroyo as an NBA MVP soon... VERY soon. He will win it by a narrow margin over Sarunas Justfoolingyoubitches.

Just messing with you Air Langhi... but that username has got to hurt. Go get a hug from DaDakota. FYI : Rafer schooled NBA players like Stephon Marbury on the playground, therefore he's a stud!

5) B-Bob actually talks about Lorentz contractions, barnyards, and VSpan. Wow, now that's impressive. For those that don't know, Lorentz contractions I believe are basically the length of an object shortening as the speed of the object approaches the speed of light. This could also be seen as VSpan left the country so fast, he experienced shrinkage and, to the average Rockets fan, effectively became.... dickless.

6) DaDakota... I defy anyone to find more than 3 basketball-related posts in the next 5 minutes where he doesn't say some variation about how happy he is JVG is gone. This is an example of a broken, skipping record caught up in an infinite loop of infatuation. Allow me to add an "IMO" so that you will feel better about me saying it for the 475th time with very little variation in the 175th thread today about VSpan : IMO.

7) SamFisher... MMA is still better than boxing - no, wait... boxing just sucks, but I must admit I love the comedy. Half the time I don't know if you're insane or funny, but I figure if you can't laugh at crazy people, you just can't laugh.

8) BEXCELANT... thinks he's so badass he's got to use all caps for his username. He also proves he's in the 95% of online users that cannot spell the word "definitely". I know, I know, it's not his spelling that's so XCELANT. But I must thank him for posting an article about VSpan coming to play in this country that had me laughing so hard I spewed Crystal Light (I'm getting older, so kill me, I drink Crystal Light). VSpan's "eh, it's nothing... basketball is basketball" attitude is a bit more humorous in retrospect. BEXCELANT'S response, as a true JVG Hater is "Boy his expectations were sky high and when you read this and realize what he went through last season, it's like having your hopes and dreams dashed. No wonder he's not coming back to the Rockets. Maybe the NBA but definately not the Rockets."

No, mighty caps BEX - that's definutlee called a reality check.

9) Codell's wife allowed him to play Sherlock Holmes. That was fun to read.

10) I especially loved how the thread suddenly switches gears to comparing VSpan with Sarunas Jasikevicius. Let's see... we'll compare one player who has sucked with another player who has sucked... that will definitely prove they are not the same type of player! Durr.

11) BBall Scientist - I'm on to you man. You think that by posting your analysis in War and Peace format people will overlook the fact that nobody cares.

12) Back to BEXCELANT : Yo man, I loved... I mean LOVED how you went Kanye on the forum and let us know JVG hates white people. Ok, so it was European players. Thanks for that. We'll take you more seriously now... especially your DaDakota remixes in every thread.

13) Highwire chimes in with "Spanoulis will be remembered as the guy who dismantled team USA in the olympics. It's no surprise that so many people hate him here."

I hate to tell you this man, but I don't think anyone gives a flip. Especially after he was dismantled here. When the rest of the universe wants to play for Team Greece, I'll be worried or dismayed. The USA is more suckiphobic than xenophobic.

14) Damn, I just spotted a DaDakota post with no references to JVG or an "IMO"-type reference.... 1

15) But BEXCELANT comes off the bench to take up the slack by posting some borderline moronic story about aliens, VSpan, and their gay adventure with a conga line using maple syrup. Oh wait... he did add "take it with a grain of salt"... that makes it aaaaaaaall better.... no, no... it dephunutly makes it most BEXCELANT!

16) Oh no, DaDakota making another bet. Bets are usually great between people that have something to lose, but damn, when you're not afraid of looking like a fool, well... the bets become a bit lopsided to say the least.

17) I just saw a hooker with jacked up teeth getting cuffed and put in a squad car on Cops. God bless police officers.

18) Jesus Dakota... you're just revving your engines now... here's a quote from you that should be presented before a think tank : "The source may or may not be credible, but to completely discount it is silly." This goes back to the aliens, VSpan, and syrup... ROFL. Just when I thought the thread was winding down, it's just getting started...

19) For anyone still following, the BEXCELANT BEATDOWN begins on page 14. It's humiliating when you constantly post numbnut "news sources" as being factual and then can't back yourself up with anything valid.

20) The SamFisher/wnes battle begins on page 15 for those interested. I sense another beatdown coming...

21) I was right. wnes taps out via reverse-naked-logic. (that was for my MMA brethren).

22) Page 15 is also where I realize that BBall Scientist is what results when you cross a teenage girl who just got her first period and then was dumped by her boyfriend with a scientist. See post #297 onward.

23) The Japanese have some weird-ass tv shows.

24) Man, lots of stuff happened after Page 15. I figure this is where whatever neurons were left on life support in some of these posters began giving up the ghost. I see BBall Scientist about to call his lawyer with retainers. Wups... he said his lawyer is on retainer, not wears them. My mistake. At this point I'm wondering what's weirder... the Japanese tv shows or this thread. It doesn't get any weirder than this.

25) I was wrong... The Texas Hammer is now involved... on page 17.

26) Around post #337 BBall Scientist has changed his underwear and come back a more composed poster. Hehe... this is hysterical.

27) Mark this point folks : Post #341. Why? Someone mentions VSpan in a VSpan thread and no one gives a damn... they're too busy congratulating each other on verbally castrating BBall Scientist. By the way, post links with your articles guys... even if it's about VSpan...

28) After I started reading this thread about 7 hours ago, I must admit BBall Scientist has me cracking up. He has turned from being the Wizard of Oz to that little dude behind the curtains controlling the voice. I'm seriously waiting for a post from him saying "I'm so mad, I could just spit!"

29) Ok, I lied... damn BBall Scientist has regrouped and is firing volleys again on page 19.

30) There's a Japanese guy in a g-string running an obstacle course on this show I'm watching. What the hell? I'm thinking the show just passed this thread in utter stupidity.... although it's verrrrrrry close.

31) By page 21 I realized that Trajan Langdon has been mentioned in this thread more times than he has in the past decade on the Internet... don't bother searching BBall Scientist. I'm right.

32) Post #409 is where the real beatdown of BBall Scientist begins... this is utter decimation. I award codell the NoBull Peace Prize.

33) Just when you thought there was a lull, B-Bob (part-time scientist, part-time fry cook) posts this gem on page 21 :

This is amazing. I mean, there is "beating a dead horse with a stick," and then there's the debacle of this thread:

Flattening the exhumed remains of a Helenic-wars-era equine corpse with a steamroller.

Each and every bone bursts into a cloud of sad, antique dust.

It is so slow and painful to watch, like observing V-span's mental processes in an NBA-speed game. But how can we look away -- how often do you see an ancient horse skeleton crushed at 1 mph?

That right there is some poetic crap.

34) Oh hell, Dakota's back.... "blah blah blah JVG... blah blah IMO... blah blah blah sucks... blah blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah". That was very informative and nothing we've heard before. Although I'm starting to notice a variation in his approach now... it's the "... but we got Scola!" line he's ending everything with now.

35) I wonder what the over/under on references to the term "barn" is in this thread? My head is starting to hurt.

36) BBall Scientist is still funny as ever. He says this about JVG :
    ... his bball IQ is so low that he could not even grasp something so blatant.

Dude, you just got through having a core meltdown and threatening people named SamFisher, codell, and SmitingPurpleEm with lawsuits for besmirching the name of somebody named "BBall Scientist". You'll have to give me at least another 12 pages before I take you seriously again.

37) It's funny how people are still trying to make rational points on page 23 of this thread. Desert Scar... come on man... this is no place for discussion... by page 23 it's become akin to a zoo where the animals have escaped. Come to think of it, that may have happened after page 1.

Wow, I made it to the end... and you know what?

2 people like this.