1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady arthroscopic shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrownBeast99, May 29, 2009.

1. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

i am looking forward to tmac returning to his point forward position

1 person likes this.
  2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

We've already known that Tracy needed that surgery. Remember? He had it done once in the previous offseason but he said it even during the media day :'I will need one more surgery for my shoulder after this season'

So there it is. If it helps, than it was a good decision.

3. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

By training camp he will be just a lump of scar tissue.

HH

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

T-Mac has arthroscopic surgery on shoulder
    By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

Rockets guard Tracy McGrady had arthroscopic surgery on Friday to ease or end the discomfort he had in his left shoulder the past two seasons, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said.

The surgery was timed to allow McGrady to resume basketball-related work when his rehabilitation from microfracture knee surgery will allow.

“It is not an issue that would keep him longer than the other rehab,” Morey said. “They cleaned up the shoulder. It is something we talked about for awhile and they had some time now. I wouldn’t say it was necessary, but in getting some opinions, it was decided it was better to do it and to hopefully be pain-free when he gets back.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6448031.html

1 person likes this.
  5. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

too bad theres no surgery for puttin a "heart" into him.. ;)

6. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Dream needs to give him a heart surgery.

7. cuddie

cuddie Member

These are not nearly as funny as you all think they are, especially the fourth time around in the same thread.

8. TheBigAristotle

We really need to start advancing more in the field of bionic/robotic limbs. Then we can just replace McGrady's left shoulder with a bionic one and also his knee with a bionic knee. Problem solved.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i wonder if t-mac has what it takes to go strong for one full year. obviously hes gonna want a big contract. next season should be very interesting for t-mac. its his make or break year.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's a good point.

McGrady is frustrated by that knee injury and we will see what happens. He will be playing for big money and he will be also playing to prove everybody wrong.

It will be a really interesting year for him, no matter where he plays. One thing we know is that he works with the best coaches in the business

11. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Hopefully his shoulder won't make him do this again

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYorote5Hrg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYorote5Hrg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

good luck tmac. get well soon the rox need a healthy tmac. :)

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

...and he didn't get this done months ago because...

14. NBA Law

NBA Law Member

It's sad that the only reason I think T-Mac will make a return next season is to get another decent contract. Heart of a champion!

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I am looking forward to Jesus returning.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

it is not hate at all people are tired of him he is an asset to make the team better, nothing more. Tmac can help our team of hard working players by being traded somewhere that he can dominate the ball put up stats and get a new contract good for both parties.

No hate just business.

DD

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Pwnage has occurred.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Another surgery ... another reason why TSlack will kill the Rockets if he plays next year. He'll continue to hoist terrible shots (with a gimpy shoulder) and his woeful shooting percentage will be worse that this year.

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets cannot rely on McGrady ever coming back healthy. The guy is as fragile as my Ramen noodles.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

I am very puzzled by this.

Why didn't he just take this surgery as soon as he had the knee surgery?

(I'm not hating on Tracy for not doing this; I'm just wondering.)

By Morey, it seems that he still might have pain on his shoulder.... If he have done it earlier, there have been way more time to make sure there is no more pain.