1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Pacers are trying to stay alive, taking on Brunson and the Knicks in Game 6. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Stein] Carmelo Anthony set to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the signing of Carmelo Anthony?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2019.
  1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
  1. Not_KDs_Burner

Team chemistry = Ruined

[​IMG]

htxaf likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The bolded part is completely inconsistent.

(Assuming "that role" is possibly the bench, let's proceed.)
    1. When I feel like coming off the bench, then I'll come off the bench.
    2. Only I know my capabilities and when it's best for me to come off the bench tho.
    3. Also, I will not come off the bench in a situation where I know my capabilities.
    4. Ergo, via 2 and 3, I will never, ever agree to come off the bench unless and until I have dementia and can no longer know my capabilities. LOL, PSYCH! f y'all.

Easy likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But the rockets said he was gonna come of the bench

4. B-Bob

Most players at his age and at his position become bench players actually, or 24-min per game type players. I guess if starting is that important to him, that's up to Dan Tony. It's the attitude -- and yes, his statements will be attached to him, LOL -- that has people upset. He needs to be willing to do whatever this team needs. It's not that much to ask in a team sport. Suggesting he knows better than any coach what his role needs to be is pretty arrogant, no matter how you slice it.

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I know you’ve watched him as a Pro more than I have. Honest question...

What do you see as the difference between “Catch and Shoot” Melo and “Olympic Melo”?

My memory of Olympic Melo is mostly catch-and-shoot. But I wasn’t watching super-critically, and it’s been awhile.

I think we all want Olympics Melo, but catch-and-shoot Melo didn’t work in OKC.

So what’s the difference between Olympics and catch-and-shoot? Educate me.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

His attitude is disappointing, but not at all surprising.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

What if D’antoni doesn’t have Melo finishing some games. What if he wants to do

CP3
    MVP
    Ego
    Tuck
    Capela

What’s Melo gonna do then?

lionaire likes this.
  8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Thats fair but again if the Thunder and the Rockets clearly have not made that a mandate then why is it something that is continuing to be pressed.

Its not like he said he has to come in and be the man and everything will run through him. He feels like he has a lot more to offer and its up to him to prove that. People are making themselves upset by pushing the bench thing, thats not on him. If they want an echo chamber then they're in the wrong place.

He wasn't talking about knowing better than coaches either, he's referencing the media and likely fans who continue to push the narrative.

"And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do."

This is clearly about the decision makers(Morey, MDA) who are bringing him in to be a part of what the Rockets have going on.

Contrary to most our beliefs nothing we say or do matters, nothing the media says or does matters. And when teams don't do what we want fans cry about it but thats not on the team.

I personally don't care whether he starts or not, just utilize his skillset better. The team will be better for it and you'll win games. Simple enough.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this will not end well.

10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Guess we'll see when/if that time comes.

11. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Serious question:

Do you guys not think that the Rockets have already outlined everything for Melo?

Why are y'all so worried lol?

There's not a single player in the league that anyone asks to come off the bench except Melo and its not even coming from teams lol.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I really don't care if Melo takes 20 shots a game. I just don't want him initiating plays. We have 2 other guys who are all-time greats at playmaking on the roster. He can take all of Ariza and Ryan Andersons shots.

#852 rockbox, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

quick, someone tell Melo Eric Gordon, who comes off the bench, is a better player. Also maybe remind him that the team comes first.

He's a freaking douche of the first order ...who now happens to be on my hometown basketball team. This is gonna be harder than i thought.

14. AB423

AB423 Member

Start his ****** and play him only 20 minutes

15. B-Bob

Because of your guy's attitude and his past. Just tiny things, I guess.

WUT. Edit: I more get what you're saying now based on your last reply to me.

Just hope he can get along with MDA. That's the main thing.

16. bongman

bongman Member

my opinion, that is hypothetical question that try's to get a response so folks can analyze. that is what the media does. Hence, the reactions

H-Town Melo likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we are going to end up waiving his ass mid-season

Swiss Roll and htxaf like this.
  18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

If the Rockets told Melo they want him to come off the bench and he said no guess what.

He wouldn’t be coming to play for them.

Deuce and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  20. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Understandable but he already met with Houston so I’m sure everything has been discussed in terms of role, minutes and expectations.

Yeah I hope him and MDA are both truthful in that they’re over the past.

B-Bob and rockbox like this.